sharetrader
Page 1701 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 701120116011651169116971698169917001701170217031704170517111751 ... LastLast
Results 17,001 to 17,010 of 17905

I believe it's Cue who are digging not NZO so no 'climate morality issues' to see here from NZo, we're just looking over the fence.
    Pity looney Lab didn't see Barque as nice and shovel-ready friendly. More bang for buck there than a bungy operation and nil $$ to put down either. Risk free!
    Didn't back NZ inc when they could have.
    Importing indonesian coal for Huntley instead...real smart.
    Last edited by SPC; 19-09-2020 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    I believe it's Cue who are digging not NZO so no 'climate morality issues' to see here from NZo, we're just looking over the fence.
    That is incorrect. NZOG hold a direct 15% equity stake in Ironbark. BP is Operator - but NZOG is participating in this drill directly, make no mistake.

When you add in our half of Cue's share of the equity, NZOG effectively have a ~25% equity stake in Ironbark. We own a quarter of the permit, come what may.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Pity looney Lab didn't see Barque as nice and shovel-ready friendly. More bang for buck there than a bungy operation and nil $$ to put down either. Risk free!
    Didn't back NZ inc when they could have.
    Importing indonesian coal for Huntley instead...real smart.
    There are lots more examples of this governments ineptitude through inexperience and principles they cannot fulfil

https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dai...taranaki-firms

I would not be surprised if we are importing au gas in 2030 not to mention all the petrol and diesel we will need from overseas with a big loss in Nz jobs

Where there is black gold there is demand.
    Considering NZ is expected to have huge landmass submerged underwater you'd expect large pockets of fossil fuels all around the region bearing on the depth of the wells to be drilled.
    I don't believe explorers have been chased away, it's only the government is trying to push for renewables which one day will likely be the future, giving NZ a greater start in a future that one day will be the change. Oil is very much needed and it's difficult to tell people who live in poverty that renewable energy is the way forward (Vladimir Putin puts this in the great context in a press conference about Greta Thunberg on her climate change speech) and people are willing to dig that sticky black stuff right out the ground in some of the most torn out war bent counties in the world.
    If in the future the ban on oil is lifted in NZ and there are large pockets surrounding the islands you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be long till large investors start poking their fingers around.

I appreciate your responses, it's a little different here in NZ and getting to understand the politics, regions and products can sometimes seem like a silly question to yourself from me is maybe something I haven't been here in NZ to witness or understand personally.

Thanks, guys

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=LEMON;845007]Where there is black gold there is demand.
    Considering NZ is expected to have huge landmass submerged underwater you'd expect large pockets of fossil fuels all around the region bearing on the depth of the wells to be drilled.
    I don't believe explorers have been chased away, it's only the government is trying to push for renewables which one day will likely be the future, giving NZ a greater start in a future that one day will be the change.

The push for renewables is essential to reduce greenhouse gas and global warning which are increasing at dangerous rates .
    This change needs considered government intervention .
    Intervention in this governments term have not considered or consulted with Industry .
    Industry needs and wants gas as a transition fuel .
    We will be importing more fossil fuel unless government acts with consultation and clarity .
    They have certainly lost my vote due to their principled but inept consideration of future energy needs
    Last edited by fish; 20-09-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post

The push for renewables is essential to reduce greenhouse gas and global warning which are increasing at dangerous rates .
    This change needs considered government intervention .
    Intervention in this governments term have not considered or consulted with Industry .
    Industry needs and wants gas as a transition fuel .
    We will be importing more fossil fuel unless government acts with consultation and clarity .
    They have certainly lost my vote due to their principled but inept consideration of future energy needs
    "Industry needs and wants gas as a transition fuel ."

I think you have got the balance 'bang-on' fish with both the need for renewables into the future, and the need for gas as a transition fuel.

Seems to me that neither Labour or National are going to get this right, but maybe if New Zealand First
    gets back in, some balance in the debate will prevail.

Perhaps in the next coalition agreement between Labour & NZ First ?

Meantime I'm all-in on the Ironbark drill, bought all the outstanding shares on Friday around
    the .70 cent level. Maybe paid a bit much but we will see, especially after the NZO listing in Aust...
    Last edited by Davexl; 20-09-2020 at 12:03 PM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Guru

A poster on HC has been tracking the movements of Ocean Apex...

Seems to think the drill could start earlier than anticipated.

Advanced Member

No rush, the later the better. More time to speculate, dream, ramp etc.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    No rush, the later the better. More time to speculate, dream, ramp etc.
    Not many shares on offer for sale so low volumes, but up to 72c today.

If the ASX listing goes live as planned this Friday, mayhap we will break 80c.

NZO should have a larger Market Cap than Cue. Yet Cue has a MC of NZ$135 and NZO is only NZ$118.

As soon as the ASX listing goes live there is an immediate arbitrage opportunity for Cue shares. You can get cheaper Cue shares just buy purchasing NZO.

If NZO only increases to equal the current Market Cap of Cue, that would be the equivalent of ~82c/share right there.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

As soon as the ASX listing goes live there is an immediate arbitrage opportunity for Cue shares. You can get cheaper Cue shares just buy purchasing NZO.
    That exists currently for Australian investors, if they wish to invest the time and get a broker that will deal on the NZX.

It exists for us right now too... (might have to tell my mate who has a few Cue shares its a good time to swap).