sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Forget to say that on this Monday morning there will be a discussion on TV1 about drilling in NZ waters and mining on conservation land at 9 in the morning. I must for nzo holders
    Last edited by digger; 16-11-2017 at 08:54 PM.
    digger

So with the new government re-opening inquiries into Pike River, will NZOG be in the guns for damages if the new inquiry finds that NZOG had contributed to the death of the miners?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So with the new government re-opening inquiries into Pike River, will NZOG be in the guns for damages if the new inquiry finds that NZOG had contributed to the death of the miners?
    How can NZOG be in the gun for damages as they are a shareholder of PRC, not a director or management. Or have I interpreted company law in NZ incorrectly?

Guru

When are we likely to get confirmation that the Mitsui transaction has gone ahead?

I don't have any expertise around regulatory approvals, and the various time frames etc - but, given we are now at the end of November, I was anticipating that a decision would have already been made by now?

I suppose, if the deal is set (and released to the public) before the 09 December OGOG cut-off date, that could make ZETA think twice. The earnings for 2017 would need to be restated since they did not include the Mitsui portion of Kupe (which NZOG takes from 01 January 2017).

This would obviously increase NZOG earnings, and boost future cash flows.

I'm now of the same opinion. Just received the latest from OG saying they will extend the offer until January.
    The reason given was "This extension is to allow time to obtain the necessary regulatory approvals."
    I'm not sure whether that is the whole reason or maybe they are having trouble making the 50% acceptance level.
    Same as Lion I was going to sell half and keep half but I always wonder if these companies make an offer then they must see value in it.
    They aren't buying and expecting NZOG to stay at 74 cents.
    Whatever decision I make it will be the wrong one, so do the opposite because I always get it wrong!!

Guru

This item on the Stuff news web site regarding oil an explorers wish to drop out as operator of its Canterbury basin permit and drop other prospects will have a chilling effect on NZO drilling in this area. The loss of another drill in the area will loose the hope NZOG have off sharing rig transport costs.

Sorry I can’t post a link. Go to stuff.co.nz and search for “US oil giant Andarkako set to leave New Zealand.”

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...479/271193.pdf

They only need just over 2% now. They are quite likely going to get the full 70% now (once Zeta accept the offer upon OIO approval).

Good to see Cue farming out to Beach Energy.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics...idsId=01927827

Those acceptances when combined with our current shareholding in New Zealand
    Oil & Gas total more than 62% of New Zealand Oil & Gas's fully paid ordinary
    shares currently on issue. The acceptances include the shares held or
    controlled by Zeta Energy Pte Limited ("Zeta") or affiliated entities. Zeta,
    which holds approximately 17% of New Zealand Oil & Gas's fully paid ordinary
    shares currently on issue.

Has accepted OGOG's offer for 100% of its shares.
    Do i Understand this correctly????

IN ZETA,s case they accepted the full 100% of the ZETA holding and there will be no PARING BACK at OGOC disgression
    as with the rest of the S/H if they also offer their 100% at OGOC,s DISCRETION.
    If total OFFER Exceed,s 67%
    Last edited by fabs; 12-12-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: grammar