sharetrader
Page 1698 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 698119815981648168816941695169616971698169917001701170217081748 ... LastLast
Results 16,971 to 16,980 of 17880
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I have been mulling the Australian listing over but in the absence of a capital raise or offer of shares, I do not see how they can trade in Australia. OGOG are not selling, so it will be up to NZ shareholders to transfer their shares across to the Australian registry. I do not see many doing that. So its is quite possible that there are a bunch of bids for NZO on the ASX but no offers and no trades. Unless I am missing something.
    I have mixed feelings also on the merits.
    Been great for larger stocks like XRO, but NZ small caps seem to languish on ASX.
    Just another cost to be listed, it fragments what is generally low trading between 2 markets,
    There is nothing to stop Aussies buying NZO on NZX, in the same way Kiwis buy other shares on ASX, we already know that.

Perhaps NZO are being pre emptive of success with Ironbark, preparing to cap raise their share of development funding?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Been great for larger stocks like XRO, but NZ small caps seem to languish on ASX.
    Just another cost to be listed, it fragments what is generally low trading between 2 markets,
    There is nothing to stop Aussies buying NZO on NZX, in the same way Kiwis buy other shares on ASX, we already know that.https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/newrep...reply&p=844461

Perhaps NZO are being pre emptive of success with Ironbark, preparing to cap raise their share of development funding?
    Ironbark is likely to be successful (from independent advice I have sought )

Advanced Member

There is nothing to stop Aussies buying NZO on NZX, in the same way Kiwis buy other shares on ASX, we already know that.

In the same way that Kiwis will be watching Cue, to get relative value back into NZO, Aussies will be doing the same, to get parity between the 2 stocks , and place their bets accordingly.
    Last edited by Getty; 17-09-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: addition

According to the NZO page on Hotcopper, NZO’s Proposed ASX Listing is 25th September.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Boffin View Post
    According to the NZO page on Hotcopper, NZO’s Proposed ASX Listing is 25th September.

Well spotted!

Def ideal to get this listing well and truly sorted before we spud.

Guru

I disagree with your assessment. There are a lot of Aussies that will not and do not buy stocks on the NZX. Our market is too small and insignificant to bother. But if NZO were listed in Australia they will have access to it. The demand for NZO will increase significantly with an Australian listing. Many Aussie institutions in their mandate also have that a stock must be listed on the ASX before they can invest in it. (not that I think Instos will buy into NZO initially).

I have been in and out of this share for 30 odd years. I am back in. The Ironbark drill has really caught my imagination.

A good overview of Ironbark from the operator: https://www.bp.com/en_au/australia/h...exploring.html

Quote Originally Posted by Boffin View Post
    volumes being traded today although small cause not enough sellers but enough to bring the gain to 5%.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jorge_telosa View Post
    volumes being traded today although small cause not enough sellers but enough to bring the gain to 5%.
    Good to see the SP continue to trend upwards.

I am hopeful that when the ASX listing is complete we will see more interest from sophisticated Aussie investors and brokers who can buy shares on NZX and shunt them over to the ASX with relative ease.

They can always shunt them back to the NZX to take advantage of arbitrage opportunities as they arise.

We could be as little as 4 weeks away from Ironbark...6 weeks maximum.