sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Looks like a bunch of us are against this. And yes how about John Pagani being up front about all the bonuses/financial rewards etc he/they will get as Westland dairy company got.Talk about impartiality or whats best for investors, this is a very weak position and its fair and right for shareholders to get transparency on that and valuations.
    Nice try but my interests are the same as any other shareholder since you asked. Not only that, any interest in the transaction must be fully disclosed in the booklet, which will be sent to everyone. As I said earlier in the week, the answers to questions about valuations and all interests associated with the transaction will all be disclosed. No one has anything to hide and the reasons the directors feel their recommendation is correct will all be set out. It's always good to hold boards to account, and debate viewpoints, and the regulatory process expects you will find the information coming your way useful in informing the debate.

You will note it is also a court-supervised process, which provides protection that everyone is treated fairly.

It's interesting to read the addresses to the November 2018 Annual Meeting, then some eight months later read the exact opposite in the notice of scheme of arrangement, including the story line John Pagani is sticking to closely in doing his job. In brief, it insults one's intelligence, to add to the offer requiring cash less than the cash held by the company.

Several important points from the Minter Ellison article mentioned earlier include:

"The target company will then hold the shareholder vote on whether to approve the scheme at the scheme meeting.
    For the scheme to be approved, target shareholders must approve the scheme by resolution of:
    • 75% of the votes cast in each interest class[1]; and
    • a simple majority of all votes on issue (whether voted or not).
    If the shareholders do not approve the scheme, it will fail. There is no “middle ground” position or ability to continue pursuing the scheme as part of the same process but just with those shareholders that voted in favour.
    If target shareholders approve the scheme, the target company will then seek final Court orders approving the scheme.
    If the Court approves the scheme, it will become binding on the target company and all of its shareholders (including on those target shareholders who voted against the scheme or did not vote at the scheme meeting) on and from the date specified in the order."

As i read this its all or nothing with a scheme of arrangement. OGOG either end up with all of the shares, or nothing happens. No reaching 90% and the compulsory aquisition, and no debate about valuation.

That being the case OGOG need 75% of the votes of the minority shareholders actually voting on the day. In the top 20 I can identify possibly 20% of votes from shareholders who are likely to vote no, and will certainly be contacting those parties. (Digger, I have you in my sights once again.) I am aware that Andrew Jeffries has contacted at least one of the minority shareholders in the top 20.

If contributors on this site who are against accepting the offer express their feelings by voting then there is a chance the scheme of arrangement will fail.

My question is - do we need to consider forming a united group of some sort? Opinions appreciated.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPagani View Post
    Nice try but my interests are the same as any other shareholder since you asked. Not only that, any interest in the transaction must be fully disclosed in the booklet, which will be sent to everyone. As I said earlier in the week, the answers to questions about valuations and all interests associated with the transaction will all be disclosed. No one has anything to hide and the reasons the directors feel their recommendation is correct will all be set out. It's always good to hold boards to account, and debate viewpoints, and the regulatory process expects you will find the information coming your way useful in informing the debate.

You will note it is also a court-supervised process, which provides protection that everyone is treated fairly.
    Thank you for that reply john-we should all await the booklet before making judgements
    I must call you out on the first sentence because I like to know the truth. I cannot see how a NZO employee can have the same interest as any shareholder.
    You are far more likely to be aligned more with the interests of the majority shareholder and that of NZO employees. In this case minority shareholders are the target as enshrined in company law and as you say are protected by the regulatory process.
    The companies act has provision for the rights of minority shareholders and if appropriate we will use these provisions

However it would be preferred if co-operation to get a good outcome for all parties is used rather than conflict and the initial offer is manifestly inadequate

IMO

Yes what financial interest, bonus etc will you and others gain from this attempted sale if it does go ahead, in the interests of transparency you claim to be.Thank you.

The court-supervised process has nothing to do with seeing that everyone is treated fairly. It's role is to ensure the process is followed, which has nothing to do with pricing or valuation which are the real concerns.

Thank you for your input John, and I accept that we have not seen or reviewed the information related to the valuations and all interests associated with the transaction that will be disclosed.

However, here is a very simplified example that may help NZO and OGOG see the matter from the shareholders point of view:

Let's assume you have a home worth say $1,000,000 and I tell you I want to purchase your home for $750,000 because that's the figure a valuer I chose came up with, and the purchase price also includes all your contents and the cars in the garage, would you not feel a little hard done by?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Digger now that you are a member-I stopped my subscription after the TTP takeover as I didn't get practical help-can you find out what happens if they don't get 90%.
    Don't forget to check your private messages
    The PPP thing was Australian so I can not see how that applies to an NZ company
    digger

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    The PPP thing was Australian so I can not see how that applies to an NZ company
    The 90% was Sea taking over TTP-transtasman properties.
    This looks as if it was changed to 75% in 2014 so we are all getting confused

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CD_CHCH View Post
    However, here is a very simplified example that may help NZO and OGOG see the matter from the shareholders point of view:

Let's assume you have a home worth say $1,000,000 and I tell you I want to purchase your home for $750,000 because that's the figure a valuer I chose came up with, and the purchase price also includes all your contents and the cars in the garage, would you not feel a little hard done by?
    Yes indeed!

And in addition to existing assets worth $1M, planning is underway to build a new Decile 10 school (Ironbark) nearby which, if built, would certainly increase the value of the property significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes what financial interest, bonus etc will you and others gain from this attempted sale if it does go ahead, in the interests of transparency you claim to be.Thank you.
    All my interests have to be disclosed in the booklet. I hold a small number of ordinary shares. I can only trade with permission in times when there is no inside information (e.g. right after we have declared results), so they are less liquid than yours. I also have some ESOP shares, which are out of the money - if the scheme goes ahead, the money I have paid towards them will be refunded. No other interest or bonus, although I deserve one for being awesome. I'll mention your recommendation to the boss.