sharetrader
Page 1 of 1788 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Default NZ Oil & Gas (NZO)

Since the old NZO thread disappeared just about when significant changes are imminent for NZO, this new thread is to pick up from the old one.

Jackie

Admin note: Please start a new NZO thread as the old one will be read only when it comes back in:

Admin Note: You can still view the old NOG thread here: OLD NOG/NZO THREAD
    Last edited by Vince; 05-08-2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Update

Advanced Member

Exactly Arjay,
    If NZO post a dividend then watch this stock fly.
    We covered this possibility a week or so ago so I wont repeat myself.

And yes if Cape or Kopowai are success(s) then of course the whole area ( and NZO ) get rerated upward.

Advanced Member

This is what reverts back to what type of investor you are if you made money or lost money on NZO. A TA person with a stop loss sell system would have made heaps at the expence of a fundamentalist we are always right brigade. I encountered a similar thing on the nickel miners with my shares doubling in price to drop right back. If i had been a dummy i would have watched my profits vanish like some of you with NZO. The point is have you learned from the experience or are you still always right, and will continue on being sitting duck material. Some people might argue that they have had NZO shares for so long that they lost nothing, which is total rubbish.
    If you had the shares and options when the price peaked and still hold, then i suggest you are sitting duck material waiting on the next season to open. NZO requires large sums of money to continue prospecting, its not going to give out crumbs to feed the ducks like some of you quackers think. They might try and pull a fast one to get the price up for the options to get more money in but other than that you have had it. I would think you are on a downtrend regardless of what the fundamentals are. Macdunk

Exclamation Macduck and NZO

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    This is what reverts back to what type of investor you are if you made money or lost money on NZO. A TA person with a stop loss sell system would have made heaps at the expence of a fundamentalist we are always right brigade.
    I think it's time to remind you of your very own foray into NZO macduck.
    You bought a truck load of NZO shares ("enough money invested to buy an average house" - your words) at $1.18. You sold those shares two yrs later for 90c. What type of investor are you macduck? :o
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Tapis oil price rising ..... back above US$78 / barrel

See second diagram:

http://www.aip.com.au/pricing/marketwatch.htm

Advanced Member

Mick100,
    I think Macdunk is going to refute that very strongly. I cant believe Macdunk would get taken for a ride all the way down from 118 to 90. He would have stop losses in place.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mick100 View Post
    I think it's time to remind you of your very own foray into NZO macduck.
    You bought a truck load of NZO shares ("enough money invested to buy an average house" - your words) at $1.18. You sold those shares two yrs later for 90c. What type of investor are you macduck? :o
    I was waiting on you coming out the woodwork MICK, nice to see you see you havent changed. Why dont you tell them all what i did after i sold MIck. Options i valued at 5c remember sold the lot at 9c bought PPP at 11c sold at 21c. I then bought MCR at $2-15 sold that lot after it more than doubled placed my origonal stake in the bank left half in MCR at no cost. Would you like to know what happened to my NZO share money mick or have you had enough. On top of all that the exchange rate has made nearly a 5% gain. You did the same with PGW didnt you you ride it all the way up the hill and all the way down. I would suggest a PHAEDRUS sharp and short course of market reality, and perception might be the cure for your little problem.
    I am now into trading full time MICK will keep you up to date before the event as usual. Your old mate macdunk.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Mick100,
    I think Macdunk is going to refute that very strongly. I cant believe Macdunk would get taken for a ride all the way down from 118 to 90. He would have stop losses in place.
    I normally do but was caught up in the hype learned a very big lesson. Still it is no worse than Mick this is second dumping from a great height. At least i learned a lesson and moved on. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    I normally do but was caught up in the hype learned a very big lesson. Still it is no worse than Mick this is second dumping from a great height. At least i learned a lesson and moved on. Macdunk
    There is a very slight difference between your NZO experience and that of mine macduck; You had an average buy price of $1.18 while my ave buy price is 51c; you have sold while I still hold; your away chasing the next hot stock while I'm happy to wait and watch this company develope it's projects.

You obviously thought NZO had better prospects 2.5 yrs ago, (when you were prepared to pay $1.18 for the shares) than it has today. Today you claim the shares are overvalued at $1.00
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mick100 View Post
    There is a very slight difference between your NZO experience and that of mine macduck; You had an average buy price of $1.18 while my ave buy price is 51c; you have sold while I still hold; your away chasing the next hot stock while I'm happy to wait and watch this company develope it's projects.

You obviously thought NZO had better prospects 2.5 yrs ago, (when you were prepared to pay $1.18 for the shares) than it has today. Today you claim the shares are overvalued at $1.00
    Mick The shares are only worth what the market is willing to pay for them. When i bought at $1-18 the shares had a few holes to drill now they have less potential with the latest couple of dusters. Its not what you or i think its worth its what the market thinks its worth right now the market has been in a confirmed downtrend. You could have been out on two occasions about thirty percent higher over the years than the sp is today. NZO was the very worst share i ever bought simply by letting hype and bulldust make me forget to act on my TA rules. Hope you learn from your mistake in watching the sp drop thirty pc twice without acting along with your PGW. Macdunk