sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Sure the Barque prospect might be a good gas field, The trouble is as I see it they have to have the confidence to go down there, and I don't Believe they will or should until the Govt comes out and fully support's all mining be it gas/oil /and all other mining within reason, or we will get left behind. jumbo
    I thought they had already supported it-allowed a further 1 year delay before drilling has to start

Drilling is all about risk versus reward.
    Although there is gas there and that is said to be the main aim its the condensate that really makes the big money at little extra expense

Things are corker for Beach Energy in the land of under arm bowlers.

Beach is a 50% partner with NZO in the Canterbury Bight prospect. Seems Beach has better things to do than be distracted by a frontier gas prospect on the far side of the world.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/energ...18-p4z0sq.html

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Things are corker for Beach Energy in the land of under arm bowlers.

Beach is a 50% partner with NZO in the Canterbury Bight prospect. Seems Beach has better things to do than be distracted by a frontier gas prospect on the far side of the world.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/energ...18-p4z0sq.html

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Thanks for the link.
    Beach certainly are doing well and are focused.
    There is a lot of money to be made from well chosen offshore gas
    I do feel that you may be making a false implication that they dont want to be involved in the CanterburyBasin.
    Would you be kind enough to explain what information you derive from this.
    My own take from this is that they have the money and experience to be involved

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Thanks for the link.
    Would you be kind enough to explain what information you derive from this.
    I assume top management at Beach when presented with options of further development in the Cooper Basin for a break even price $US17 a BOE, or risky exploration in a frontier prospect on the far side of the world would choose to put their eggs in the Cooper Basin basket.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Advanced Member

I assume top management at Beach when presented with options of further development in the Cooper Basin for a break even price $US17 a BOE, or risky exploration in a frontier prospect on the far side of the world would choose to put their eggs in the Cooper Basin basket.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Assumptions of course can be wrong.
    I was taught not to put all my eggs in one basket.
    We dont really know about their canterbury intentions

Advanced Member

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    interesting the conclusion you draw from Beaches good income from Cooper Basin. The question is does Beach draw the same conclusion. To me it could be argued that rather than going on paying all that tax they should expand when they feel the odds are in their favor.Well that is what I would do,so now it is how does Beach see the investing world---do you go inward or do you look for expansion.
    If Beach wanted out why did they bother with NZO getting the year extension for drilling the permit
    digger

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Translation; An established explorer and producer with a good reputation thinks it is not worth their time or money so walks away.

I am sorry to be so negative but I can not see any exploration off the South Island Coast unless there is some game changing event.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Guru

Translation; An established explorer and producer with a good reputation thinks it is not worth their time or money so walks away.

I am sorry to be so negative but I can not see any exploration off the South Island Coast unless there is some game changing event.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Given your pessimism for the drilling prospects, is it safe to say that you sold any shares you had into the OGOG offer? And have not bought back in since?

Guru