sharetrader
Page 1001 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919979989991000100110021003100410051011105111011501 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 17880

[QUOTE]In development, there's euphamistic phrase if ever there was one.

Not too happy to make what amounts to a forced donation to the miners families of $12m, I thought donations were voluntary ?

NZO directors are showing themselves as unable to act independently ? Funding lines would normally be frozen when an event of this magnitude occurrs but they seem so keen to be seen to be politically correct. Fact is they've been funding this underperforming DOG when hardly anyone else would for quite some time and they've dug themselves deeper and deeper "into it" to the point where they've snookered themselves.

Very poor decision making on NZO's part and NZO should have been making PRC fund itself or wither and die a long time ago.
    Not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by friedegg View Post
    asb have been trying to ring me but ive holed myself in the bedroom and im not comming out
    Yup. The shares may be oversold but if ASB starts dumping friedegg's holding we could be in for a rough ride tomorrow.

wont be just mine either?thats really buggered me now,i count myself lucky im only holed up in my bedroom depressed about myself

Advanced Member

wont be just mine either?thats really buggered me now,i count myself lucky im only holed up in my bedroom depressed about myself
    You are not alone fried egg-I spent most of the day yesterday raising funds and discussing scenarios with ASB . I got the impression they are not into being kind and understanding .
    I also sold about $100,000 vector yesterday as an extrs buffer and am getting my house mortgage increased and going back to work tomorrow-I had taken my first holiday for 9 months-now cut short !

By the way anyone want to buy a fantastic 2 yr old caravan-unused on the road apart from delivery-going very cheap !
    Last edited by fish; 23-11-2010 at 03:36 PM.

at least my broker person can console me in the fact that at least i was quite used to margin calls...
    pike i believe is finished in its current form,the government has a lot of thinking to do because its was one of thier biggest pluses to mining on doc land.
    if they decide after an enquiry to close it,pike will go insolvent and who will clean it up?
    if they allow it to open again the time delay,further safety restrictions will make pike insolvent
    if they allow a one off and open cast it,i can only see doc/greenies as the only hurdle

just thinkin that NZO paid a 5 cent dividend recently .... and the cash flows are not affected by PRC as all the revenue comes from other sources , so that dividend is probably not in jeopardy for next year. which means nearly %6 yield at these prices , though a almost a full year before that streams.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

at least my broker person can console me in the fact that at least i was quite used to margin calls...
    pike i believe is finished in its current form,the government has a lot of thinking to do because its was one of thier biggest pluses to mining on doc land.
    if they decide after an enquiry to close it,pike will go insolvent and who will clean it up?
    if they allow it to open again the time delay,further safety restrictions will make pike insolvent
    if they allow a one off and open cast it,i can only see doc/greenies as the only hurdle
    I think if at all possible they should get on and allow it to be open cast. There's no point in N.Z. being 100% clean and green if we're bankrupt. S & P putting N.Z. on negative credit watch for a reason anyone ? Greenies and politically correct people have all the power. Its long overdue for N.Z's to get real. If there's valuable resources in the land whereever the heck it is that will give a desperatly needed boost to economic growth then its time to mine it by whatever means necessary and stop all the we must be spotlessly clean and green B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I think if at all possible they should get on and allow it to be open cast. There's no point in N.Z. being 100% clean and green if we're bankrupt. S & P putting N.Z. on negative credit watch for a reason anyone ? Greenies and politically correct people have all the power. Its long overdue for N.Z's to get real. If there's valuable resources in the land whereever the heck it is that will give a desperatly needed boost to economic growth then its time to mine it by whatever means necessary and stop all the we must be spotlessly clean and green B.S.
    Election next year. Can't see John Key risking a backlash. Can see NZers chewing on grass though soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Election next year. Can't see John Key risking a backlash. Can see NZers chewing on grass though soon.
    Its been tried already - they have already run the idea of mining on crown land as a way of pushing the economic envelope up the flagpole. The acid test was getting it past the Greenies who just weren't on the same wavelength. That idea ended up being a flash in the pan as public opinion threw a spanner in the works. Government isn't in the mining space so at the end of the day coal just isn't going to add to the knowledge economy. Best keep government out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    By the way anyone want to buy a fantastic 2 yr old caravan-unused on the road apart from delivery-going very cheap !
    You could tow it behind my boat, also going for a very reasonable price if ASB cuts up rough.
    Mx