sharetrader
Page 1002 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 250290295299299899910001001100210031004100510061012105211021502 ... LastLast
Results 10,011 to 10,020 of 17909

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I think if at all possible they should get on and allow it to be open cast. There's no point in N.Z. being 100% clean and green if we're bankrupt. S & P putting N.Z. on negative credit watch for a reason anyone ? Greenies and politically correct people have all the power. Its long overdue for N.Z's to get real. If there's valuable resources in the land whereever the heck it is that will give a desperatly needed boost to economic growth then its time to mine it by whatever means necessary and stop all the we must be spotlessly clean and green B.S.
    Roger that Roger, i can only see NZ moving backwards another 10 years behind Australia with disallusioned kiwis running the show. Agriculture maybe? just take a look at PGW. Fantastic stuff. (not)

Get real NZ , Get real.
    Up up and away!

Fish will give you $1.00 cash on delivery for caravan
    Possum The Cat

Guru

Geologist warned of danger of explosion three years ago
    PAUL GORMAN AND KIRAN CHUG
    Last updated 05:00 22/11/2010

A West Coast geologist warned about the threat of explosions from gas in the Pike River mine more than three years ago.

And a second mining expert says initial investigations of the mine were inhibited because of its location in Paparoa National Park.

Meanwhile, Canterbury University geologist David Bell has admitted his fears for the 29 trapped men, saying: "I don't believe the guys down there have got a hope."

Western Exploration director Murray Cave said in 2007 that the geological risks at the underground site included a pit bottom with deep, highly gassy coals and the associated risk of "outburst", or gas explosions.

He warned of the presence of an underground fault that had to be crossed at the mine site and pointed to Solid Energy's short-lived Mt Davy mine, which was shut in 1998 after three miners were killed in two accidents.

Yesterday, Mr Cave said the Pike River coal was at the "higher end of the scale" for gaseousness, and each tonne contained about 10 cubic metres of gas.
    ================================================== ================================================== ==============

This mine should never have gone ahead. It was unsafe - the method of mining in this environment was fundamentally unsafe. The minute they tried to ramp up production the whole place blew to kingdom come. How the hell were they going to get a million tonnes a year out?? I don't care if there will a trillion tonnes of coal in that seam; if the mine was one big explosion waiting to happen then it should never have gone ahead. It's pointless blaming greenies or whoever.....the decision to develop this mine was a decision putting corporate greed and the pursuit of $$$$$$$$ ahead of human life.

Solid Energy opened the Mt Davy mine in a similar environment and it had to be shut down completely in 1998 after 3 miners died....so how the hell did this death trap go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Geologist warned of danger of explosion three years ago
    PAUL GORMAN AND KIRAN CHUG
    Last updated 05:00 22/11/2010

A West Coast geologist warned about the threat of explosions from gas in the Pike River mine more than three years ago.

And a second mining expert says initial investigations of the mine were inhibited because of its location in Paparoa National Park.

Meanwhile, Canterbury University geologist David Bell has admitted his fears for the 29 trapped men, saying: "I don't believe the guys down there have got a hope."

Western Exploration director Murray Cave said in 2007 that the geological risks at the underground site included a pit bottom with deep, highly gassy coals and the associated risk of "outburst", or gas explosions.

He warned of the presence of an underground fault that had to be crossed at the mine site and pointed to Solid Energy's short-lived Mt Davy mine, which was shut in 1998 after three miners were killed in two accidents.

Yesterday, Mr Cave said the Pike River coal was at the "higher end of the scale" for gaseousness, and each tonne contained about 10 cubic metres of gas.
    ================================================== ================================================== ==============

This mine should never have gone ahead. It was unsafe - the method of mining in this environment was fundamentally unsafe. The minute they tried to ramp up production the whole place blew to kingdom come. How the hell were they going to get a million tonnes a year out?? I don't care if there will a trillion tonnes of coal in that seam; if the mine was one big explosion waiting to happen then it should never have gone ahead. It's pointless blaming greenies or whoever.....the decision to develop this mine was a decision putting corporate greed and the pursuit of $$$$$$$$ ahead of human life.

Solid Energy opened the Mt Davy mine in a similar environment and it had to be shut down completely in 1998 after 3 miners died....so how the hell did this death trap go ahead.
    so in the most tragic ways,what you say is correct and has come to pass....
    im hoping by what you have posted also means you have never invested in prc or nzo because of this latest finding?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by friedegg View Post
    so in the most tragic ways,what you say is correct and has come to pass....
    im hoping by what you have posted also means you have never invested in prc or nzo because of this latest finding?
    I most certainly have invested in NZO and PRC, and I had some PRC options when the mine blew. Do you think I knew the mine was "at the higher end of the scale" for gaseousness, and that miners were getting sick from the amount of gas in the mine????

How many people who got caught out with PRC and NZO were true believers who really wanted to help our economy, and how many were 'share traders' hoping to make some easy moolah at - inevitably - someone elses expense?

Ultimately, this is not the 'ShareHolder' site, it's the 'sharetrader' site. When I've posted here before about me thinking that the share market was supposed to be all about providing NZ companies with access to capital, people almost split their sides laughing. Because sharetrading is all about off-loading the shares you bought cheaply on to some poor schmuck at a high price when there's a bit of good news, then hopefully buying the shares back off the poor schmuck on the next occasion there's a bit of bad news. Repeat the process, over and over. There's no work involved, it's just a stupid cyclical game. All the people feeling sick and sorry for themselves because they got caught holding when a share went dog instead of off-loading would have been only too happy to do it to someone else.

When you read these posts - go to the Pike River site and read the years of correspondence - you read the posts of the hopeless dreamers almost willing the SP up, throwing their last $10,000 into the pot in the hope of getting rich.....and you read the posts of the hopelessly cycnical, making money through gritted teeth off the niaive and the losers.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 23-11-2010 at 10:21 PM.

I most certainly have invested in NZO and PRC, and I had some PRC options when the mine blew. Do you think I knew the mine was "at the higher end of the scale" for gaseousness, and that miners were getting sick from the amount of gas in the mine????

the miners getting sick so far is media,but had you done research you would have found the extract from the guy about his concerns for pike(its on post 83 of about 5000 posts)its called do your own research etc etc etc,i for one remember the post and the extract, but because lack of debate on the subject,it lead me to believe that this was a far away problem and i like many others never ever thought this to be a problem.
    things are starting to concern me about pike and the allegations that will come forward will no doubt concern me more

things concern me after reading back every post and pike report in the last few days and heres one..
    in thier march 2009 quarterly they put this in thier safety section...
    "Considerable effort has gone into operational and safety training. One recent initiative is the installation of transponders into the miners’ helmet lamps to provide instant information on their location if any difficulties were to arise."
    now they put that in a report 2 years ago and obviously they never followed up and got the damn things,took me a minute to google and found them availible and bhp has been using the devices,so how much more did they put in reports that were only put in to please??

Advanced Member

glad to see nzo trading again, although the 30c drop was a hard swallow.
    as it turns out I bought 40,000 nzo today and also sold 30,000 bought in sept for a capital loss, with tax man paying for half the loss

not much point in not doing the trade and hope nzo sp recovers over next year

I expect a lot of the trades today were for same reason

M

MACHINE
    endorse and acted on the same sentiments, live must go on.
    If the heat in the Kitchen gets too hot for you, simply get out.

well my crossing went through about 10 mins ago and doesnt look like it changed the market,so thats ok..
    although i do feel raped