sharetrader

You are a tough bunch to keep happy.

Do you really need a formal statement as to why NZO has stopped the buy back of its shares? And the current share price is this low because of what happened at Pike, what more explanation do you want?

It is not a great situation but all part of the risk of investing.

Personally I appreciate it that Chris does take the time to respond to the questions on this site. It is a "Damed if you do and damed if you don't" situation.

From memory it was a bunch of people on this site that thought the share buy back was a good idea.

Thanks Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    You are a tough bunch to keep happy.

Do you really need a formal statement as to why NZO has stopped the buy back of its shares? And the current share price is this low because of what happened at Pike, what more explanation do you want?

It is not a great situation but all part of the risk of investing.

Personally I appreciate it that Chris does take the time to respond to the questions on this site. It is a "Damed if you do and damed if you don't" situation.

From memory it was a bunch of people on this site that thought the share buy back was a good idea.

Thanks Chris!
    All right then, why don't you elucidate us Chippie...? Why has the buy back stopped?

For what it is worth, I still think a buy back is a good idea, especially at what I consider a very good price!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    All right then, why don't you elucidate us Chippie...? Why has the buy back stopped?

For what it is worth, I still think a buy back is a good idea, especially at what I consider a very good price!!
    Chippie has gone very quiet.

From a market perspective nzo has been a disaster after topping out in late 2009 its been downhill ever since posting returns of - 50% last 12 mths ouch and currently testing multi yr support levels a break of which could see the price heading towards 60c.
    If you like oil as an investment a futures or oil etf would have had you laughing all the way to the bank and then you dont have the risk of worry about company specific issues.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    From a market perspective nzo has been a disaster after topping out in late 2009 its been downhill ever since posting returns of - 50% last 12 mths ouch and currently testing multi yr support levels a break of which could see the price heading towards 60c.
    If you like oil as an investment a futures or oil etf would have had you laughing all the way to the bank and then you dont have the risk of worry about company specific issues.
    Especially with a company like NZOG - well paid second rate directors and management pretending they know how to run an oil and gas (and yes, coal) company.

CEO was paid $559,000 last year. TR was paid $154,500. What have they achieved? PPP, dry holes and a blown-up coal mine.

Meanwhile, a lot of travelling around the globe looking for opportunities! First class, 5 star hotels, caviar and champagne, anyone?

But hey its Hard Work,
    Best NZ v US $ rates, a run of top Oil production at all time High Prices, good demand & prices for Gas, hard work done and taken care of by other Co,s heaps of cash to wallow in..
    At that rate if it has to become risky investing in shares then better emigrate to the Planet----- CHIPPIE++++Roberts ---hail from.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Especially with a company like NZOG - well paid second rate directors and management pretending they know how to run an oil and gas (and yes, coal) company.

CEO was paid $559,000 last year. TR was paid $154,500. What have they achieved? PPP, dry holes and a blown-up coal mine.

Meanwhile, a lot of travelling around the globe looking for opportunities! First class, 5 star hotels, caviar and champagne, anyone?
    How many companies have you built up to the extent they made it into the NZX50?

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Reminds me of the old saying, how do you make a small fortune in the Oil and gas Industry, start with a bigger one. NZO has extracted heaps from shareholders over the years and paid pitifully little back. Help me out here Chris, is it four or five dividends in total its near 30 year history ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-12-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    You mean like Allan Hawkins built Equiticorp into a top 5 company?

Or like Mark Hotchin and Eric Watson built Hanover to have over $500m of depositors' money?

Or maybe, like (insert who you think) built PRC and caused the deaths of 29 miners?

Wrong argument, me ole Unicorn, to use.
    Last edited by Balance; 15-12-2010 at 06:54 PM.

NZO hits six year low today of 82 cents. Just thought shareholders would like to know that the $12m so called "extra funding" NZO provided to PRC works out to 3.08 cents for every share you own of the 389m listed ordinary shares so in addittion to the severe hiding everyone of us shareholders took over the PRC fiasco the directors saw fit to "invest" another 3 cents per share of your value in the bottomless pit of PRC. Are these the sort of "brilliant" business decisions that justify their bloated salaries ?