sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    The market is driven by supply and demand. After the PRC failure, supply is up and demand is down. It will take a while for that to stabilise.

Meanwhile some people will panic and lose money, others will be more rational and will make money. That is the way the market works.
    Overly simplistic Uni. How about all those who short the bejeezers out of NZO to reduce their losses and make everyone elses worse, while David (Nero) Salisbury fiddles. They opened the coy SP to trading with the promise of a significant buyback and then pulled the rug from under most of their shareholders. The Board and Salisbury are on their way out unless they suddenly reveal a master stroke. If true to form they look after themselves, expec a sale or merger. At the current rate they won't survive as an independent company beyond 2010.

They will join the cream of NZ listed coy directors who have ridden their coys out of the top ten, out of the top 50, to some where else....

Advanced Member

The market is driven by supply and demand. After the PRC failure, supply is up and demand is down. It will take a while for that to stabilise.

Meanwhile some people will panic and lose money, others will be more rational and will make money. That is the way the market works.
    Wise words as always Unicorn .
    Your postings over the years and in particular the brilliant valuation of TTP,and leading of a group of us into successful adjudication over ttp(and demolishing them later in court and the appeals court ) are testament to the brilliance of your postings .
    There are some on this site that for various reasons will try and rubbish your honesty and analytical ability-and the recent tragedy will lend fuel to this .
    I always value your insightful comments and wonder if you could post a valuation of nzo -it seems to me that current cash plus value of kupe and tui alone is way above the current sp.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Your postings over the years and in particular the brilliant valuation of TTP,and leading of a group of us into successful adjudication over ttp(and demolishing them later in court and the appeals court ) are testament to the brilliance of your postings .
    There are some on this site that for various reasons will try and rubbish your honesty and analytical ability-and the recent tragedy will lend fuel to this .
    I always value your insightful comments and wonder if you could post a valuation of nzo -it seems to me that current cash plus value of kupe and tui alone is way above the current sp.

Interesting Fish.I would have thought that Kupe covers the SP and the cash and TUI come as an extra free gift.
    To my mind the SP is so low as the market somewhat rightly is worried about the lialibilities that NZO might feel it has to pick up. See many contractors and other feel gutted by what has happened.It is past time that the NZO shareholders made it aware they are also gutted by what has happened and it is clearly now for management to make it clear that future responsbilities are solely to the NZO shareholders.
    Regardless of any valuation Unicorn or anyone else puts together the market will downgrade until this supposted lialibility is cleared up. We are all gutted. The only ones not gutted are some anti NZO posters and laywers.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Fish

Posting here is just feeding the trolls. I tested the water yesterday and found some completely silly statements are being posted.

I have better things to do than to contribute to a forum where people are making nonsensical statements for their own strange purposes.

Guru

starting to sound like talkback radio-hats off to those few posters with actual facts and reseach to share..

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    All right then, why don't you elucidate us Chippie...? Why has the buy back stopped?

For what it is worth, I still think a buy back is a good idea, especially at what I consider a very good price!!
    Chippie has gone super quiet?

With respect, you can take it as read that most of us on here are well aware of market supply and demand dynamics and there effect on the SP. My contention is quite plain, the Directors and managment have made a complete mess of managing the PRC event, they've forgotten who they act for and for that matter they've consistently demonstated a total inability to make any meaningful use of their abundent cash flow from Tui other than of course to make sure there's plenty of food to get their snouts into in their trough.

Valuing property companies is easy work, NZO too tough for you ?..not that I care there's a number of valuations doing the rounds excluding PRC but until the directors can demonstrate they remember who they act for the market will continue to take its own dim view.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-12-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Interesting Fish.I would have thought that Kupe covers the SP and the cash and TUI come as an extra free gift.
    To my mind the SP is so low as the market somewhat rightly is worried about the lialibilities that NZO might feel it has to pick up. See many contractors and other feel gutted by what has happened.It is past time that the NZO shareholders made it aware they are also gutted by what has happened and it is clearly now for management to make it clear that future responsbilities are solely to the NZO shareholders.
    Regardless of any valuation Unicorn or anyone else puts together the market will downgrade until this supposted lialibility is cleared up. We are all gutted. The only ones not gutted are some anti NZO posters and laywers.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    With respect, you can take it as read that most of us on here are well aware of market supply and demand dynamics and there effect on the SP. My contention is quite plain, the Directors and managment have made a complete mess of managing the PRC event, they've forgotten who they act for and for that matter they've consistently demonstated a total inability to make any meaningful use of their abundent cash flow from Tui other than of course to make sure there's plenty of food to get their snouts into in their trough.

Valuing property companies is easy work, NZO too tough for you ?..not that I care there's a number of valuations doing the rounds excluding PRC but until the directors can demonstrate they remember who they act for the market will continue to take its own dim view.
    Not what the NZOers and Pikers want to read but that's the cold hard truth. And NZO directors and management are not going to change their ways - not with the sort of fawning shareholders who hang onto to words uttered by the directors and management.

I remember well one PIker posting this wonderful piece after meeting management last year : "I have been assured that there will be no more capital raising."

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Chippie has gone super quiet?
    What is the point; obviously there are people with so much superior knowledge to me on Sharetrader.

To be honest unlike you Balance (who must be very rich due to your superior knowledge and trading expertise) I have a day job to cover the bills so I only check in here from time to time.

Unicorn covered this for me when he said “Meanwhile some people will panic and lose money, others will be more rational and will make money” and “it will take a while to stabilise”. There is no point in buying back shares when the market is like this. To be honest I personally do not think there is any point to buying back shares at any time.

I have a paper loss of >$100K on NZO since the Pike explosion. I have as much reason to get on the case of NZO management but choose not to. There is no problem if people have different opinions, but if you do not like a company then just make sure you do not hold any shares.

Not much to add to this really.