sharetrader

Default Under the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Hi Fish

Posting here is just feeding the trolls. I tested the water yesterday and found some completely silly statements are being posted.

I have better things to do than to contribute to a forum where people are making nonsensical statements for their own strange purposes.
    I'd be interested to hear a valuation. And others opinions on (e.g.) NTA sans pike. Toss this troll a crumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Casa del Energia View Post
    I'd be interested to hear a valuation. And others opinions on (e.g.) NTA sans pike. Toss this troll a crumb.
    Fascinating that those who are perennially following the words and wisdom of the directors and management of NZO and PRC get so defensive when asked to produce the 'goods'. Alas, no more goods to be produced by PRC - not even spin or PR bs anymore.

Market will discount NZO now to buggery - how can you trust management when they have squandered so much of the cash generated from Tui and the options exercise on misadventures like PRC. PPP and dry holes? GFC presented one of the great opportunities to buy oil and gas assets cheap - NZO bought a lemon! Tui is past its peak.

So what will management do next? Maybe invest in Fiji?

you really do have to question the judgement of this company's management and directors. They had a big pot of money but blew it and have got very little to show for it.

Expect them to relinquish holdings like Barque which the joint venture applied for a 6 month drilling extension for in July 2010 and Kaupokonui which requires a drilling commitment by Jan 2011.

They really need some good news or their share price is going to fall, potentially dropping out of the NZX 15 and then institutional investors will sell out forcing the price down even further. In all likelihood nzo would blow more money buying back the shares to keep the price up, but that isn't going to save them.

Are they going to fade away or go out in a blaze of glory?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Fascinating that those who are perennially following the words and wisdom of the directors and management of NZO and PRC get so defensive when asked to produce the 'goods'. Alas, no more goods to be produced by PRC - not even spin or PR bs anymore.

Market will discount NZO now to buggery - how can you trust management when they have squandered so much of the cash generated from Tui and the options exercise on misadventures like PRC. PPP and dry holes? GFC presented one of the great opportunities to buy oil and gas assets cheap - NZO bought a lemon! Tui is past its peak.

So what will management do next? Maybe invest in Fiji?
    That's better balance.

I've run my numbers on NZO. Taken the average valuation from Brokers valuations inclusive of pike, see NZO's website, and that works out about $1.60, less 40 cents per share for completly writing off PRC and all loans and gifts to same = $1.20 per share, then I've discounted this by an appropriate multiple (50%), for NZO Directors and managements world class expertise" and fair value with existing directors and management is 60 cents in my opinion. I can't wait to get out. Hoping some new gullible stary eye'd punter will pay me 85 cents today.

P.S. I see they've started the buy-back again, pay me 85 cents and you can have the lot.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-12-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Guru

If you are that disenchanted then why not sell at market?

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Roger is waiting for the diehard NZOers who trust the directors and management (as they have posted so persistently in the past) to show their faith and buy the shares above current prices.

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Prob wants the companies cash .... not just anybodies money

When you think of it that way rathehr odd some who fronted up with $1.50 of real money to put in the NZO coffers now only get 80 cents back if they decide to sell then back to the company

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Prob wants the companies cash .... not just anybodies money

When you think of it that way rathehr odd some who fronted up with $1.50 of real money to put in the NZO coffers now only get 80 cents back if they decide to sell then back to the company
    Nothing odd about it, great business plan that's the way the company makes money not a bad scheme really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees View Post
    Nothing odd about it, great business plan that's the way the company makes money not a bad scheme really.
    I spotted the spelling mistake, you mean "scam"

777 - I'm just trying to mitigate my losses a bit but I'm not confident there's many stary eye'd true believers out there so will probably do what you're suggesting later today.

"Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful." Any traders know about this. I'm buying NZO as my calculation shows its value should be at least $1.00. Please see followings.

Equity at 30/06/10
    Total CB to PRC at 23/11/10
    Total Short-term Facility at 26/11/10
    Total Cost of Equity to PRC
    Equity excluding Loan & Investment in PRC
    No. of Fully paid shares issued
    Net Assets per share at 30/06/10
    Net Assets per share excluding PRC interest
    Average PB in the past 9 years
    Valuation excluding PRC interest
    PRC is claiming $100m insurance
    Supporse NZO get 10% debt recovery, then
    Then Net Assets per share
    Then Valuation
    Supporse NZO get 30% debt recovery, then
    Then Valuation
    Supporse NZO get 50% debt recovery, then
    Then Valuation
    Last edited by jwang; 22-12-2010 at 08:08 PM.