sharetrader

valuations dont mean squat when shareholders havent got the capital to support the sp.
    even the company cant support the sp.
    the sp is controlled by speculators and traders, they pump cash in and out extracting a couple of percent here and there.
    good news and bad news is the currency that these folks look for and nzo has delivered.
    buybacks are are waste of money, much better to give divis to support the shareholder rather than play into the hands of traders.

jwang,

Your NTA is 77 cents. Using average price to book over the last 9 years is completly meaningless, hello we're still in this GFC and we have the "world class expertise" for the past few years of D.S. who has a demonstrated history of what, that's right, losing lots of money. Tui and Kupe were NZO assets long before he came on board and there's been abundent cash flow from Tui and what have they done with it, oh that's right hire a team of analysts to look at all the investment opportunities thrown up by the GFC and what have all these experts done, that's right nothing buck suck up big salary packages and hand out a large "donation" to PRC because they wanted to look good and be P.C.. I'm out of this DOG today and won't be back. Balance, myself and others are absolutly right, no matter what theoretical valuation a skilled analyst puts on this company it will trade at a very deep discount until such time as management and directors prove they can add value, if ever.

Otherwise, welcome to the Sharetrader blogs. You were very brave to try and value this company and although you've got it wrong in my opinion I take my hat off to you for having the courage to have a go when some far more experienced bloggers seem to have wimped out despite being asked.

That's the way I do: when others quit, I'm in. I can proudly say I've been doing well in the last a couple of years so will stick with the strategy. NZO becomes so cheap and itself may attract sb. to make acquisition. The company has great assets on hand and once be acquired, new management should make it much better.

Hey Roger ..... how do you think they would run a brewery then?

Jwang you won't get a great reception round here talking fundamentals.

That said I did a quick valuation a few weeks ago and came up with 95cps. I bought a few today @83 to hold long-term. Maybe because I wasn't holding a few weeks ago I am positive about their future. That said, the management have clearly made poor decisions. Lets hope they just stick to their knitting in future and pump oil worth more each day as the NZD falls and oil rises.

While I have a great deal of sympathy for some of the sentiments being expressed here, I think they support my view that NZO is currently oversold.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwang View Post
    That's the way I do: when others quit, I'm in. I can proudly say I've been doing well in the last a couple of years so will stick with the strategy. NZO becomes so cheap and itself may attract sb. to make acquisition. The company has great assets on hand and once be acquired, new management should make it much better.
    Welcome jwang to the sharetrading slanging match.Your of coa-rse right about the rough valuations but for most just now they count for nothing.You will almost certainly turn out to be right by entering now that others are leaving.Look at the volumn.More than 1% traded today and nearly that amount again in the last few days.While many are getting out who is the big pocket buying up the dishearted.Maybe it is Balance and Notie [could be the same person] as they are good down rampers and well informed in the oil and gas sector.
    Nog is indeed heavily marked down and this tragedy is exactally what traders and someone building a stage like.If my guess is correct we should hear soon as at the rate of turnover 5% will soon need to be revealed.It would be interesting to know who is selling .Is it only small holders or some with millions? Balance and Notie will be buying as no one spends that much time on a share unless they have a secert interest in its outcome.
    Goodby Roger. Warren Buffett wrote a couple of chapters about you.He wrote a couple about me to which i need to reread.For me it is all about selling when others are all buying.For you it is clearly to not sell when everyong else is in a panic.
    Anyways that large recent volumn is very telling and the very small 20000 bought by NZO is of no importance.
    Who is buying????
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Welcome jwang to the sharetrading slanging match.Your of coa-rse right about the rough valuations but for most just now they count for nothing.You will almost certainly turn out to be right by entering now that others are leaving.Look at the volumn.More than 1% traded today and nearly that amount again in the last few days.While many are getting out who is the big pocket buying up the dishearted.Maybe it is Balance and Notie [could be the same person] as they are good down rampers and well informed in the oil and gas sector.
    Nog is indeed heavily marked down and this tragedy is exactally what traders and someone building a stage like.If my guess is correct we should hear soon as at the rate of turnover 5% will soon need to be revealed.It would be interesting to know who is selling .Is it only small holders or some with millions? Balance and Notie will be buying as no one spends that much time on a share unless they have a secert interest in its outcome.
    Goodby Roger. Warren Buffett wrote a couple of chapters about you.He wrote a couple about me to which i need to reread.For me it is all about selling when others are all buying.For you it is clearly to not sell when everyong else is in a panic.
    Anyways that large recent volumn is very telling and the very small 20000 bought by NZO is of no importance.
    Who is buying????
    Who is buying? Same people who were buying PRC like it was the best coal mine in Australasia.

And Digger, unlike you NZOers, Roger and I have been bang on with our assessments of NZO ands PRC - lousy management and equally lousy shareholders. Just read back through the thread.

First rule of investment - if management is no good, stay clear. No need to down ramp - management are downing the sp well by turning $1.50 to 82c!
    Last edited by Balance; 22-12-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Guru

spot on Digger-Balance,I and many others ,Im sure ,would like to know your motivations regarding NZO-It would help me understand your post a bit better. Are you a frustrated holder like Roger..was..or are you looking to buy in?? or sitting on the sidelines with the goal of simply enlightning us with your knowledge?

So far Balance has made 2080 posts.They are pretty much spread between SCF,Pike and NOG.They virtually say the same thing over and over and over and over.Its actually quite boring.
    Maybe next year he might start telling us which Companies he is actually invested in and why.
    So far I get the impression he wont own a house because it might burn down,wont own a car because someone might drive into him and doesnt go on holidays because the plane might fall out of the sky.
    Balance we understand your thoughts on thses Companies now so maybe just leave them alone.