sharetrader

That is just one of many other things that brought it on.
    The fact that, after being quite unfairly punished and sent to the lower 80s nearly 6 months ago, management appears to have done nothing meaningful to lift the S/P.
    General lifting of the market, high O/Ps and coming off such lows gifted them what would appear an above average S/P improvement.
    Also not sure of buying shares back at top of the day prices being all that useful under the circumstances but I can pass on that.
    Still think and hope very much the Co. will and can excel, but my faith in the management is at an all time low and while I accept this to be my personal take I am by a long shot not alone.
    Interestingly a lot of small investors have sold out and seem to have been replaced by fewer but bigger holders could be significant and be aided by the co. being in a seeming slumber mood, time will tell.
    Hope that helps.
    cheers

There will be a quarterly report out before end of this week, maybe something to cheer you guys up in there?

Back in Feb there was this comment in the half yearly report, maybe there will be some progress on that.
    NZOG is now in the process of establishing a northern hemisphere presence.
    More details about the location and nature of the initial investment will be
    announced as soon as the final regulatory approval is granted for the
    exploration acreage that will underpin this new area of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    Back in Feb there was this comment in the half yearly report, maybe there will be some progress on that.
    NZOG is now in the process of establishing a northern hemisphere presence.
    More details about the location and nature of the initial investment will be
    announced as soon as the final regulatory approval is granted for the
    exploration acreage that will underpin this new area of business.
    and further to that, the latest web cast on their web site (from early March) has their exploration manager state that "an agreement is complete, it just needs to be penned"... or words to that effect.... maybe it's slow drying ink they're using....

I expect an upbeat report due to the rise in the oil price.

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post
    I expect an upbeat report due to the rise in the oil price.
    Yeah I got a surprise this morning, the DominionPost has oil at $123.
    But from today they have dropped WTI and are now using Brent.
    Tapis is still winning on $131

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    And some huge forex losses with the kiwi over 80c!

It'll be time for Shasta to sing his song again.
    Well this will cheer you guys up then ...

In March, NZOG took advantage of the sudden, and short-term, decline in the New Zealand dollar to convert US$13.7m to New Zealand dollars, as part of re-balancing NZOG’s currency holdings toward a 50/50 mix of USD and NZD holdings.

I checked the NZD-USD chart and in March the rate dropped from 75c to 72c, before climbing back up in april.

Wow, administration costs of $2.2 mill last quarter. Who are these guys, Woodside?
    Last edited by KentBrockman; 29-04-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    Well this will cheer you guys up then ...

In March, NZOG took advantage of the sudden, and short-term, decline in the New Zealand dollar to convert US$13.7m to New Zealand dollars, as part of re-balancing NZOG’s currency holdings toward a 50/50 mix of USD and NZD holdings.

I checked the NZD-USD chart and in March the rate dropped from 75c to 72c, before climbing back up in april.
    Shasta will NOT be impressed .... NZO speculating on movements in the USD

Advanced Member

Well the good news first. Back when the dollar fell to 71 cents a few months ago,i felt like asking managment to take advantage and put some into NZ dollars or AUS dollars. They did it anyways so up to speed there.
    The SP fell today on this mad idea that NZO should be taking on the big boys and developing in the nothern hemisphere where we clearly have no economic advantage over the million and one companies already there.And as i said at the start that will require an special post being set up to run the show.Todays release now admits this.Then it will be business class tickets and expensive wines each way one a fortnight to run the show---a show that over time will likely show nothing but continued expenses.
    What do others think.??
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Well the good news first. Back when the dollar fell to 71 cents a few months ago,i felt like asking managment to take advantage and put some into NZ dollars or AUS dollars. They did it anyways so up to speed there.
    The SP fell today on this mad idea that NZO should be taking on the big boys and developing in the nothern hemisphere where we clearly have no economic advantage over the million and one companies already there.And as i said at the start that will require an special post being set up to run the show.Todays release now admits this.Then it will be business class tickets and expensive wines each way one a fortnight to run the show---a show that over time will likely show nothing but continued expenses.
    What do others think.??
    NORTH AFRICA IS A SAFE ENVIRONMENT! It will be fine