sharetrader

After more than 3 years of diligently searching for new opportunities
    and the same time stating the promising offshore Taranakei-Basin well worth pursuing and investing in------
    TUNISIA ????
    BTW is the seller paying for DS's upcoming journey to attend and celebrate the signing of this very promising and well considered project.

Guru

Tunisia.

To quote the esteemed Mr McEnroe.....'You can NOT be serious'!

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Tunisia.

To quote the esteemed Mr McEnroe.....'You can NOT be serious'!
    Hmmm no opportunities in Taranaki. Doesn't wash with me, OMV just completed a farmin to a permit recently granted to Octanex.

Advanced Member

announcement on asx yesterday by 10% holder of PEP31511 - Kaupokonui

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics...idsId=01179375

M

Angry

What kind of blindness is effecting these guys? Instead of a persuing worthwhile interests here, in a country with a (relatively) stable government and a known scource of high quality coking coal, (that NZO ALREADY has a large stake in) they are (have gotten ?) involved in a very volatile part of the world chasing oil and gas.
    It seems to me that they are so attached to 'being an oil/gas company' their view is blinkered and has them completely missing the point - which is - 'Why are they in business?' Maybe it's not to capitalise on how best to make money for their share-holders but some paranoid sense of 'sticking to their knitting' so fervently they no longer see the wood for the trees?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Maybe it's all a 'smoke screen' to disguise the fact they are about to pounce and win the tendering process for Pike River. Yeah. Right.
    "The opposite of courage is conformity" - Rollo May

“Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy

Hard to figure why they would go away to hell up the top of Africa when there is a partly finished coalmine just down the West Coast which will present good returns when up & running.

Admittedley the swimming is probably better in the Med than the Tasman but they aren't there for the beaches...are they ????

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by the machine View Post
    announcement on asx yesterday by 10% holder of PEP31511 - Kaupokonui

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics...idsId=01179375

M
    Interesting reading. I read somewhere that an gas column was expected and hopefully overlay a oil deposit. But this is the first i have seen of an upgrade in resource [hopefully] size going from a previous minium of 200,000 to 380000. It could be all seawater so i will go back to buying a lotto ticket.
    if Kaupokonui is drilled and empty then i think we have to give further drilling in Taranaki a miss until better methods of perdrill are developed.Not a lot of profit in continued dry wells.
    digger

nzo management seem to be more delusional that ever. Great idea going and investing in a north african country that has just been through a revolution. It reminds me of Fletcher Challenge investing in SE Asia and loosing a lot of money. This nzo investment looks as if it has the potential to go this way.

Senior management are pulling some serious coin, but after 3 years this is the sum of their investment search? The delusional management behave like a big oil company so think they need to comb the world looking for investments. While they do this they manage to blow a lot of money. Office and geology cost last quarter ~3.5 million. They certainly know how to spend share holders money! These guys are really a joke

There do seem to be several oil companies in nz doing OK. TAG oil for instance are exploring Taranaki and have made several discoveries recently.

Digger, I see NZOG have 90% of Kaupokonui, and are operator.

90% of 380 million barrels of gross mean recoverable looks better than a Lotto ticket to me.
    Last edited by Lion; 11-05-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    Digger, I see NZOG have 90% of Kaupokonui, and are operator.

90% of 380 million barrels of gross mean recoverable looks better than a Lotto ticket to me.
    Me two if it happens,but until it happens it is just predrill hype. If it comes up empty the lotto ticket is the winner.90% of nothing is nothing as we have discovered many times before in the last few years drills.
    digger