sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What expertise does NZO bring to Tunisia?

Eh? None.

Does Tunisia want something from NZO?

Yes. Dumb cash.

Marriage made in heaven for Tunisia. Can just see the Tunisians breaking out the champagne.
    Balance that is one way of seeing it but is it the only way?
    Well right or wrong DS is staking his repetation on a drill in this area after giving up on Romana. They have done a lot of homework now so i just hope it all comes out right.Certainly after 8 or 9 dusters in a row in Taranaki something has to be considered differently.I am a relucant starter here but after being so pro PIKE and seeing where that ended up maybe i should also step back a bit on which way up is.
    Best of luck and good management here DS with your direction you are taking NZO.
    digger

Suggestion only NZ oil & gas would be stupid enough to do this deal at the moment think of the political situation
    Possum The Cat

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Suggestion only NZ oil & gas would be stupid enough to do this deal at the moment think of the political situation
    It is just a risk reward thing. If the political situation was ideal the permit would have been long gone.We can surely assume that management are more than well informed about the Tunisia situation and it is fully factored into the equation.
    See that the release today is also on Upstreamonline.com
    digger

If you look at the production chart from the latest presentation released today, 2011 is the peak, and its slowly downhill from now. Kupe is now the bulk of it with Tui rapidly declining. So it is good to have a few things on the go, including this new Tunisia venture.

Balance, I cant see the Tunisians breaking out the champagne yet with this little $3m investment. A lot of that will be spent on getting new seismic data. And Im sure after the 2 years is up they will review the political situation at that stage.

Advanced Member

Chris Roberts

On page 18 of your presentation you gave to the Shareholders association you show the Diodore Block in the Gulf of Gabes.
    Just to the east of that block we have a dotted line showing on land the boundary between Tunisia and Libya.That dotted line then extends out to sea and comes very very close to the Diodore Block.My question is is that sea line an agreed boundary between Tunisia and Libya and how internationally accepted is that boundary?
    digger

Public Affairs Manager NZOG

Digger, it is an internationally recognised boundary and is not in dispute. There are other permits between our permit and the boundary.

I am somewhat intrigued, for months the management has been busy buying shares back around 90-97 cents by the thousands, why has that stopped now , are they too cheap?
    Or are they expecting them to fall a lot further.

Fabs,

One would assume that they have spent the budget. The fact that they are now out of the market could account for the recent sp fall.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    Fabs,

One would assume that they have spent the budget. The fact that they are now out of the market could account for the recent sp fall.
    I had assumed that as NZO is taking up overseas permits and looking seriously at others that it stoped buying so as to not be held accountable of insider trading.
    digger

Doubt that they bought there 8 mil $ worth yet, nor should insider trading be relevant.
    But if they keep on falling further could end up in the cross-hairs of predators, if not there already.
    Bathurst & S/E spring to mind
    Last edited by fabs; 21-06-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Adding more