sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by LIO View Post
    Agree Blockhead. There certainly have been a few grizzles from various posters lately. However, the persistent and repetitive attacks from 'Balance' suggest a hidden agenda. The more of these I hear, the less likely I am to part with my shares !
    Tiresome ole bulldust from the mushrooms who have been holding all the way down from $1.60 - accusing anyone who dare question NZO's management and direction of down-ramping.

Just keep holding - and losing.

Meanwhile, some other oil and energy companies are going higher and higher.

Eg. Look at Oil Search in Australia - 200% outperformance against NZO.

Just to add, nzog have gone and hired another senior manager. They are listening to the chat here

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Tiresome ole bulldust from the mushrooms who have been holding all the way down from $1.60 - accusing anyone who dare question NZO's management and direction of down-ramping.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Hi Balance / Notie, this tired old mushroom has held all the way from 30c actually, and done well along the way ! I do welcome posters who dare to question management, when it is constructive criticism ( Digger for example ).

Plenty of sellers lately, but some big buyers. Time alone will tell who is right. If NZO does nothing more than recoup it's PRC money as a secured creditor then the share price will surely benefit. Probably the market has currently factored in a total loss.

Hi Balance / Notie, this tired old mushroom has held all the way from 30c actually, and done well along the way ! I do welcome posters who dare to question management, when it is constructive criticism ( Digger for example ).
    Digger has got nowhere with this company with his constructive criticism. Amen.

Advanced Member

Plenty of sellers lately, but some big buyers. Time alone will tell who is right. If NZO does nothing more than recoup it's PRC money as a secured creditor then the share price will surely benefit. Probably the market has currently factored in a total loss.
    The markets main driving force currently appears to be negative sentiment .
    Sharebrokers valuations are still over $1.00 .
    There seems to be fewer sellers and I wonder if nzo has hit rockbottom and will now rebound .
    This month we may hear the results of the tenders for PRC .
    I suspect some good news at the agm-maybe an interim dividend for this year .If the sp stays down we will see resumption of the buyback .

Public Affairs Manager NZOG

Quote Originally Posted by notie View Post
    Just to add, nzog have gone and hired another senior manager. They are listening to the chat here
    Wrong as usual notie. NZOG's management team has actually reduced. NZOG's Reservoir Manager left for a very senior overseas job a couple of months ago. NZOG has not filled the position but has brought someone in on a part-time basis to provide engineering input.
    Maybe you should stick to commenting on a company you actually own shares in, rather than one you harbour an old grudge against? Surely you must have more useful things to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roberts View Post
    Wrong as usual notie. NZOG's management team has actually reduced. NZOG's Reservoir Manager left for a very senior overseas job a couple of months ago. NZOG has not filled the position but has brought someone in on a part-time basis to provide engineering input.
    Maybe you should stick to commenting on a company you actually own shares in, rather than one you harbour an old grudge against? Surely you must have more useful things to do?
    Hmm, I was wondering whether to respond or not but I find this post somewhat offensive. On reflection "offensive " is a little strong as not much really offends me but an interesting post all the same.

Here we have an employee of a publicly listed company suggesting that the only people who have a right to comment in a company is shareholders in that company. That would seem to me to be a recipe for ensuring one only gets a positive spin on company news - for surely if a person felt negatively about a company they held shares in they would look at quitting those shares.

We also have the suggestion that a person should limit another right to hold an opinion and share that opinion. That we don't like a persons view, or they way they express it should not be encouragement of suppression of that basic right.

How a person spends their time is their business. Again why would a Representative of a company suggest that are in a better position on how that time should be spent.

And I find posting such comments in a public forum either brave or foolhardy. It is either a well considered post or one which shows the level of judgement of the company hirers and author.

Either way I for one am all for the freedom of posters to post what ever they like within the Forum hosts rules. That no one reads mine bothers me not

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roberts View Post
    Fair comment Chris ! However NZOG does need to review the quality of its Board of Directors. Time to add some fresh young blood with a "few grey hair" members

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Hmm, I was wondering whether to respond or not but I find this post somewhat offensive. On reflection "offensive " is a little strong as not much really offends me but an interesting post all the same.

Here we have an employee of a publicly listed company suggesting that the only people who have a right to comment in a company is shareholders in that company. That would seem to me to be a recipe for ensuring one only gets a positive spin on company news - for surely if a person felt negatively about a company they held shares in they would look at quitting those shares.

We also have the suggestion that a person should limit another right to hold an opinion and share that opinion. That we don't like a persons view, or they way they express it should not be encouragement of suppression of that basic right.

How a person spends their time is their business. Again why would a Representative of a company suggest that are in a better position on how that time should be spent.

And I find posting such comments in a public forum either brave or foolhardy. It is either a well considered post or one which shows the level of judgement of the company hirers and author.

Either way I for one am all for the freedom of posters to post what ever they like within the Forum hosts rules. That no one reads mine bothers me not
    You make some good points here mate - methinks he is jsut pissed off with people getting stuck into management and lost his cool in the heat of the moment

Jeez now we have Oiler saying the quality of the Board needs to be reviewed - maybe that will cause offense as well