sharetrader

will be a shame if the Kakapo well is not drilled this summer but understandable re the struggling to secure a rig. Has been a boring year on the exploration side.

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    I was always impressed with Whittall. He paid a lot of attention to safety issues when I visited the mine with him. I was surprised that David Salisbury made these comments particularly as I thought he would have been part of the team that appointed Whittall as CEO of Pike.

Still, I have not really been up with the play on Pike and NZO matters over the last few months. Nevertheless this was disappointing news.
    Talk the talk, but was PW walking the walk?

29 miners dead.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pike...-many-to-tears

"there had been no evacuation practice at the mine during his 2 1/2 years working there."

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    NZOG website gives monthly production figures.

Also confirmed by Chris

We are well advanced on our planning to drill the Kakapo well (formerly Kaupokonui) but are struggling to secure a rig. No-one else is planning to drill this summer in NZ waters so it is a bit of a lonely slog to get a rig. If we miss out on drilling this summer we will drill in 2012/13.
    Maybe NZOG should talk to Tag, they seem to be going to drill this summer:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-job-prospects

Cadenhead said yesterday that initially a couple of dozen staff would be involved in the project on the east coast, but as that moved to the seismic testing programme and drilling in the first half of next year, it could involve "hundreds".

"We will definitely be drilling in the first half of next year," he said, after assessing the results of the seismic testing.

"We don't mess around, you have to get on with these things", with Tag working at a faster pace than some other exploration companies in New Zealand.

Corporate

As predicted NZO is slowly clawing back some lost ground. I think the share price will move towards the mid 80c's in the medium term.

Smile

Corporate, if you get any more funny feelings about a stock will you let us know.

Corporate

I sold NZO during the week - needed the cash elsewhere. Still think it is a reasonable buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    I sold NZO during the week - needed the cash elsewhere. Still think it is a reasonable buy.
    Good one, Corporate.

Talk it up and offload.

You obviously have the measure of them mushrooms.

Ok so there is a halt in trading, where do you think the next base for the directors to hive off to might be (un) Balanced ? Turkey ??, Croatia ?? some nice beaches there ??

South east asia is my guess

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Ok so there is a halt in trading, where do you think the next base for the directors to hive off to might be (un) Balanced ? Turkey ??, Croatia ?? some nice beaches there ??
    Well blocky if it is another downgrade of TUI it then will be so little left that we may have to put so oil back into the well to meet the new target.
    My guess is that it is a new prospect in asia or a new partner for that near KUPE prospect that has just had a name change,whatever it is now called.
    digger