sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by arjay View Post
    I was under the impression that the Pike deaths were caused by an underground explosion.
    I think you'll find that the Royal Commission of Enquiry will find there was an explosive event which led to the death of those miners. The cause of death will be blast injuries (impact and burn injuries) and asphyxiation.

The questions to be answered will focus on what led up to that explosive event. The quality of the management and their decision making will be addressed.

According to Balance's last remark they perished due to fatally high pressures caused by money pumped into the mine by NZO. If they were pumping in $5 bills then I can see how that would amount to gross mismanagement. $20 bills would have resulted in much lower pressures for the same total dollar value.
    It is arguable that NZO pumped money into its management structure. It pumped more money into its management as the mine grew and transitioned from construciton to operations.The question to be answered is "was there value in that extra money being spent". That is worth pondering. Lets look for example at post explosion decisions. PRC management instructed contractors to seal the mine with polyurethane contrary to the risk assessment which stated it is likely to self ignite. What happened? It self ignited sending hydrogen cyanide into the mine. In the highly unlikely event there were survivors this would have sealed their fate.

Is that an example of NZO getting good value for your money?

DS this morning,

New Zealand Oil and Gas says it is working to conclude a possible US$100 million investment.

Only hope DS aka DOCTOR SPIN will inform us that it will be in OIL or GAS not, heavens forbid in Coal.
    Or worse, partnership with devious Don oF S/E.

Quote Originally Posted by brucey09 View Post
    well said Snr. Arjay
    Very funny.

I am sure the families of the 29 dead miners will really appreciate Arjay's sense of fun at their expense.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Very funny.

I am sure the families of the 29 dead miners will really appreciate Arjay's sense of fun at their expense.

So again you have nothing new to say.No foresight,no humour.?

Arjay Balance is right if NZO did not pump in money the mine would have been closed IE no Miners in it to Die
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Keep laughing.

NZOG kept pumping in money and seconding gross mismanagement into PRC with the result of 29 dead miners - all rather funny, isn't it?
    You say NZOG kept pumping money in.

Well look at the major shareholders. ACC has 17m shares and the NZ Govt Super fund has 6m shares.
    They were buying up on your behalf Balance, to keep you in old age, and fix you up when you fall over and hurt yourself.

Arjay  Balance is right if NZO did not pump in money the mine would have been closed IE no Miners in it to Die
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    You say NZOG kept pumping money in.

Well look at the major shareholders. ACC has 17m shares and the NZ Govt Super fund has 6m shares.
    They were buying up on your behalf Balance, to keep you in old age, and fix you up when you fall over and hurt yourself.
    Old age may be upon him already.Judging by the number of times he repeats himself.

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Arjay* Balance is right if NZO did not pump in money the mine would have been closed IE no Miners in it to Die
    Yeah yeah yeah ....and if the Australian tectonic plate wasn't riding up over the Pacific plate then there might well have been no coal, no mine, no NZ.
    And there's more 'ifs' where they came from?
    "The opposite of courage is conformity" - Rollo May

“Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy

Advanced Member

Balance you have made a few good post and quite a few rubbish ones. The bit about NZO being somehow responsbility for the 29 deaths because they put money into PIKE tops the rubbish ones. That would make anyone the cause of a road death that bought or helped buy a car.See what i mean it is rubbish thinking.
    There was only one cause of the explosion and that being that PIKE was forced to take on a third or fouth rate way to remove the gas in the first place,a requirement put on them by greenies and DOC.
    digger