sharetrader

Notice that ACC bought ANOTHER 950,000 yesterday. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
    "The opposite of courage is conformity" - Rollo May

“Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy

percy

Quote Originally Posted by pietrade View Post

I think we can take it Balance does not work as an investment manager for ACC. !!!!!

I hope that is a good sign, but ACC are not clairvoyant. They were into ALF at one stage IIRC.

Corporate

There was talk a while back about Genesis selling out of their downstream assets. I wonder if NZO is considering a bigger stake in Kupe? They'll certainly need more than a $100m though.

The SSH for ACC also reveals they have bought 4.5million NOG over last couple of months, now holding 8.5%
    ACC were heavily into Pike too, with about 5%

I match your Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and raise you another Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    The SSH for ACC also reveals they have bought 4.5million NOG over last couple of months, now holding 8.5%

They have also supported the Energy Mad IPO. ACC isn't shy in supporting NZ business even if the intial business case doesn't look that flash. Doesn't matter though. As we have seen if things go wrong for ACC they just put up their premiums. Therefore it is is all of NZ who are underwriting ACC's play's.

OK........I'll see ya.
    "The opposite of courage is conformity" - Rollo May

“Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy

So where's the Tui update?

Yep that worries me.
    Back in July the Tui field was downgraded after "preliminary work". The statement also said:
    An independent review of the reserves estimate is being undertaken by
    RPS Energy Pty Ltd (RPS). The RPS review is anticipated by AWE to be
    completed in early August 2011. A finalised 2P reserves estimate will be
    advised after the Joint Venture and RPS review has been completed.

Whats happened with this other review? Notie was hinting the other day AWE were keen to get out of Tui.
    NOG's sp dropping away, based upon history, suggests a bad announcement coming out soon. Starting to look like it's another Tui downgrade?

Tui was upgraded 3 times (rather nicely timed for NZO to obtain over $180m of cash from shareholders at $1.50 per share) so are we now looking at 3 downgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    NOG's sp dropping away, based upon history, suggests a bad announcement coming out soon. Starting to look like it's another Tui downgrade?

Tui was upgraded 3 times (rather nicely timed for NZO to obtain over $180m of cash from shareholders at $1.50 per share) so are we now looking at 3 downgrades?
    Well AWE has been ticking up over the last month, but then Tui is only a small bit for them

Chris Roberts - is there any info on when the RPS review of Tui will be announced ???