sharetrader

Maybe it's time for the ladies.....
    as in FRE & AIA.
    BB

The inquiry continues next week and this preview will give the die-hard Noggers and Pikers less pause for thought :

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10764529

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pike...ike-River-mine
    Last edited by Balance; 08-11-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Seems to me the Japanese fellow has a few questions to answer himself, if he was an "expert" and was as worried as he says he was the question is, why did you not tell the fellow who employed you ?? (Peter Whittal)

I would imagine he probably has a few sleepless nights thinking of what happened there.

And, before you say it (un) Balanced, I am not trying to deflect the heat from Mine management.

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Seems to me the Japanese fellow has a few questions to answer himself, if he was an "expert" and was as worried as he says he was the question is, why did you not tell the fellow who employed you ?? (Peter Whittal)

I would imagine he probably has a few sleepless nights thinking of what happened there.

And, before you say it (un) Balanced, I am not trying to deflect the heat from Mine management.
    Totally agree with you.

Or was it a case of him telling management, finding them unresponsive and so he decided best he moved on?

Remember the evidence given to date of management ignoring submissions on safety :

1. http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/ne...te--geologists

"Newman recommended investigation and research into these anomalies, but the miner failed to follow up her suggestions."

2. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10750114

"A year before the blast, four people were to test the ascent. The first two were so exhausted that no one else even wanted to try. Neither made it as far as the surface.

Mr Rockhouse said he tried to convince Mr Whittall to buy a refuge station.

With no official sign-off on the second escape exit, other safety measures were delayed, including smokelines to navigate to safety in a smoke-filled tunnel.

Mr Rockhouse said that in late 2009, he asked Mr Whittall if he could train the management team on the emergency system. Mr Whittall refused and said he was comfortable with the company's ability to respond."

And so on and so forth .....

Let's wait though to hear why the "Japanese fellow" not tell the "Australian fellow" who employed him.

And let's wait to hear why the "New Zealand fellows" who employed the "Australian fellow" continued to have confidence in him when the "New Zealand fellow" (CEO of NZOG) expressed no confidence in the "Australian fellow."

There are those who would perhaps wish it would all lie fallow for some time I think old fellow

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    There are those who would perhaps wish it would all lie fallow for some time I think old fellow
    Sure they do.

But they will not be allowed to hide from the truth.

Only the truth will set NZOG free.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-11-2011 at 09:53 AM.

PPP just announced 5c ( I assume AUD) per share capital return.
    NZOG owns about 15% so should be getting a big payout, between $4 and $5 million AUD?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    PPP just announced 5c ( I assume AUD) per share capital return.
    NZOG owns about 15% so should be getting a big payout, between $4 and $5 million AUD?
    Big payout? Try the $180m cash raised at $1.50 per share and squandered, and the $100m plus already siting in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Big payout? Try the $180m cash raised at $1.50 per share and squandered, and the $100m plus already siting in cash.
    Yawn.
    Well its about NZD $5.5m we didnt have yesterday.
    NOG has 88m shares in PPP from last report.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    Yawn.
    Well its about NZD $5.5m we didnt have yesterday.
    NOG has 88m shares in PPP from last report.
    Wrong - it was siting as value in PPP. Better to be with PPP than NZOG, given NZOG's track record of squandering shareholders' wealth by burning cash.