sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    500k salary..... ok.
    3 million part paid shares with final issue of $1.

haha

so if he gets the sp back to the old option price of $1.50.

he makes $1.5 mill profit!

not a bad deal
    and most shareholders will STILL be out of the money.

just as well we have share buybacks
    Well from my point of view i will make mor than the 1.5 million if AK does get the SP back to 1 dollar fifty. So i will be happy and he will have earned the money.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Well from my point of view i will make mor than the 1.5 million if AK does get the SP back to 1 dollar fifty. So i will be happy and he will have earned the money.
    Daaaam digger thats a big holding!

yes digger, your one of the very few outside the boardroom / staff that has done very well.
    congrats to you.
    i was reading your posts way back then when you started to purchase that huge holding.
    i remember that this guy has guts or knows something.
    it wasnt long after that i started to buy...... as you were one guy on ST that was always honest and knowledgeable and i thought to myself........ if your ever going to take a punt..... now is the time to start..... trouble is i only invested small amounts over a several year period, so my average is just over a $1

if you ever try to get on the board..... you have my votes.

cheers

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    Daaaam digger thats a big holding!
    Too daaaam big when it is on the way down from its hay day of 185 to the low point of 58.
    You have to add back in the 22 cent dividends and the free PPP shares of years ago.
    As i bought early mostly i never got into a loss in the holding but with everything going sour in the last few years it is not the share we all had hoped for in 05 to 08.
    2012 will be NZO's year. Firstly it has been oversold . PIKE will give a bit back from what the market preceives.Income from Kupe will rise and TUI as well with the high oil price,and just maybe will will get back into drilling. Higher dividends will focus the market on the value of NZO Also our new CEO sweeps clean and hopefully can turn around the bad luck years that DS seemed to have had.
    digger

But where are our drillable prospects Digger? Back then we seemed to have leads on a whole host of potential gas and oil fields. They were all either dusters or the permits got abandoned. It's been a while now since we heard about picking up any new permits, doing any seismic etc. At least as far as Taranaki is concerned. Maybe the focus will be overseas from now on, hopefully without repeating the PPP Vietnam experience!

I've been in for a good few years now, and I'm definitely behind overall.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    But where are our drillable prospects Digger? Back then we seemed to have leads on a whole host of potential gas and oil fields. They were all either dusters or the permits got abandoned. It's been a while now since we heard about picking up any new permits, doing any seismic etc. At least as far as Taranaki is concerned. Maybe the focus will be overseas from now on, hopefully without repeating the PPP Vietnam experience!

I've been in for a good few years now, and I'm definitely behind overall.
    ppp went into vietnam knowing that their holding would be reduced to 5% with success
    by end on march 2012 ppp should know if they are going to double their reserves if vietnam is a goer without more drilling, or if not another appraisal to get it over the line [and double their reserves then]. not bad for something that has cost them under us$15m.

but I still think the 2 companies should merge, then the combine warchest can be put to work

M

Quote Originally Posted by the machine View Post
    ppp went into vietnam knowing that their holding would be reduced to 5% with success
    by end on march 2012 ppp should know if they are going to double their reserves if vietnam is a goer without more drilling, or if not another appraisal to get it over the line [and double their reserves then]. not bad for something that has cost them under us$15m.

but I still think the 2 companies should merge, then the combine warchest can be put to work

M
    Well if they did know they would be reduced to 5%, I would have thought they should have disclosed that to the market.

Advanced Member

It was always there in the back ground petrovietnam had 10% back in rights on PPP 15% in vietnam. In saying this 5% of something is much better than 100 % of nothing. People think NZO is undervalued PPP is under cash backing so for a negative EV you get TUI and Vietnam for free as well as cash balance
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    500k salary..... ok.
    3 million part paid shares with final issue of $1.
    from NZOG website:
    NZOG has a small team (around 20 employees) based in Wellington, New Zealand. We are not currently operating any projects or facilities, so have no field office or staff.

So how does running a company of 20 justify a $500k salary ?
    I might go join the Occupy Wellington movement.

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    It was always there in the back ground petrovietnam had 10% back in rights on PPP 15% in vietnam. In saying this 5% of something is much better than 100 % of nothing. People think NZO is undervalued PPP is under cash backing so for a negative EV you get TUI and Vietnam for free as well as cash balance
    I wasn't holding at the time having exited much earlier and having done fairly well with PPP, but as I recall the sp took one hell of a hit when the stake got reduced to 5%.
    Last edited by J R Ewing; 09-12-2011 at 03:01 PM.