sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    from NZOG website:
    NZOG has a small team (around 20 employees) based in Wellington, New Zealand. We are not currently operating any projects or facilities, so have no field office or staff.

So how does running a company of 20 justify a $500k salary ?
    I might go join the Occupy Wellington movement.

Andrew Knight was 14 years old when I first invested in NZO. Good on him for cashing in on what others established for him, although in return I expect him to very soon indicate his strategy for creating shareholder wealth. Hopefully his thinking goes beyond being Santa to those in his rather small team.

Guru

This Tunisia deal looks the goods. At last something to pat management on the back for!

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    This Tunisia deal looks the goods. At last something to pat management on the back for!
    The purchase is equivalent to $10 per barrel for p50 reserves. My concern is whether 6mmboe offshore is economic to develop..I don't no?

Guru

The 6 million barrels PLUS adjacent lobes. They obviously feel its viable or they wouldn't be stumping up. Also gives them a foot in the door for further exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The 6 million barrels PLUS adjacent lobes. They obviously feel its viable or they wouldn't be stumping up. Also gives them a foot in the door for further exploration.
    so producing 20,000 barrels a day has a life of under 1 year.

Good coin...quick turnover?

NZOs 40% share at present day prices of $USN 100.00 = 240 MIL $US GROSS.
    Will probably take quite a bit longer than 1 year but production start not until 2 1/2 -3 years away.
    This is the M/EAST.
    Good to learn that they still intend to be active in the oil & gas Business, so have to keep our fingers crossed M/T.

On a quick look, I like what I see.

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    NZOs 40% share at present day prices of $USN 100.00 = 240 MIL $US GROSS.
    Will probably take quite a bit longer than 1 year but production start not until 2 1/2 -3 years away.
    This is the M/EAST.
    Good to learn that they still intend to be active in the oil & gas Business, so have to keep our fingers crossed M/T.
    I wonder how much it would cost to develop all up $200m, or $80m for NZO? Maybe I'm way off

At a quick glance, I don't think the deal offers that much - unless there is leads that can be effectively tied in.
    I think they're being too generous with the burden of costs they have taken on.
    It's difficult to know for sure without more information - I'm sure they must have looked at it on a risk/reward basis pretty hard...