sharetrader

Directors and management of NZOG have the full measure of shareholders - they know exactly the kind of shareholders they have.

The postings on this thread and site are indicative of the behavior of these shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    The top 25 shareholders hold 46% of the shares. What ever they decide goes. Pointless anyone else voting. I am sure management look for support from the bigger holders before putting forward a proposal. They won't want it to fail.

Hold 160,000. Didn't vote. Not apathy just being practical.
    Interesting - that means half of the top 25% of shareholders didn't vote. Blows my theory away!

The main trust of the last 5 years was to increase S/Hs wealth, now the partly revamped managements says, they want to, turn a new leaf from the last 5 years,---- wait for it---
    it aims to increase wealth for the S/Hs over the next 5 years.
    well, any wonder then why the investment $ especially with increasing O/Ps goes to other COs. mainly in the resource sector in OZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Directors and management of NZOG have the full measure of shareholders - they know exactly the kind of shareholders they have.

The postings on this thread and site are indicative of the behavior of these shareholders.
    Welcome Back Balance! (I think....)

NZOG (New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd) has delivered another strong result with the Tui and Kupe fields contributing to a net operating cash flow of $26.5 million in the first half of the financial year.

Net cash for the 6 month period increased by 50 million

Net cash for the 12 month period increased by 87.9 million

Shareholders were rewarded with a -ve return from the SP of -15%

excellent!!!!

AWE Sept. -Oct.2011 S/P 93 CENTS NOW $1.70
    VPE June. 2011 29 CENTS NOW $1.06

And there are others CUE Etc, etc.

NZO 12 Mts. ago 87-88 CENTS now 74 cents.
    But then some investors have different expectations, values, maybe on an other planet altogether.

...fair point...I suppose ....but hopefully there those folk like me who hold CUE AWE ...and NZO....even though the word "portfolio" fair makes me vomit....I suppose its just spreading the risk...

8000 AWE
    130000 CUE
    35000 NZO

cheers....

"Kupe and Tui are expected to provide ongoing cash flows and we intend to
    invest a sensible portion of those cash flows in new investments in order to
    grow the business and provide long-term value for our shareholders."

isn't it amazing how one word can change a sentence......

"Kupe and Tui are expected to provide ongoing cash flows and we intend to
    invest a sensible portion of those cash flows in new investments in order to
    grow the business and provide long-term value for our staff."

where's the value or divi for shareholders?

who stumped up the cash for the board to play with?

the board is happy to pontificate that they are making money while giving a couple cents back.

geez... the Ozzie banks pay a higher rate of return on no risk bank deposits.

as balance says (welcome back) the board has the SHers measure.

why doesnt the board just say..........
    if you want to gamble in an oiler..... go with us.... we'll gamble it for you, look after ourselves, and if....... a big if..... there is something left....... we will share some with you.

and the cash from the golden geese kupe and tui, is ours to spend..... not for you.

we just dished out a bonus divi to get the option money secured. tyvm

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post
    NZOG (New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd) has delivered another strong result with the Tui and Kupe fields contributing to a net operating cash flow of $26.5 million in the first half of the financial year.

Net cash for the 6 month period increased by 50 million

Net cash for the 12 month period increased by 87.9 million

Shareholders were rewarded with a -ve return from the SP of -15%

excellent!!!!
    There can be no arguement that NZO has taken a hugh kick in the guts with PIKE and the TUI downgrade.With Tui all we can say is that the probably of the former higher assesment turned out not to stand up to what the production figures are now saying.My anger with PIKE here and in public will be held until the royal commission is finished.Still without a doubt we should have all sold way back in the days when the price was a dollar higher than present.
    Where to now? Has the market got it right and the shares are only worth 74 cents? NOG has 35 cents in net cash per share in the bank.Good drilling prospects and and further excellent earning for the next 10 years from producing assets.Almost certainly the reduction in volumn from these fields will be matched by further increases in the POO baring a second great or greater recession.Also we have the hint some months back that dividends will return to their former average.And in summary lets keep it in mind that NZO has now written off 99 million and then just recently its last commitment to PIKE of 22 million. Still the revenue from producing assets have increased to 136.7 million.The market seems to be valueing NZO as if these mostly capital losses will keep reoccuring
    So to me the market can only be right in the longer term if NZO keeps losing 100's of millions in some projects. I remain hopeful that NZO will now take stock and turn this company around regardless of what the market is currently thinking.Dsurf's post above is factually correct but it must be a nightmare that can not be allowed to happen again. So we must move on.
    digger

nice post digger, but IMHO this sentence..

""The market seems to be valueing NZO as if these mostly capital losses will keep reoccuring""

could be taken simply as...

if we invest in NZO what with their track record, whats in it for a shareholder?
    when they make money...... not much is coming back to SHers
    when things go wrong.... nothing comes back to SHers

in the meantime the staff, management and board are doing rather if not very very well.

i hate losing money...... thats human, and it happens to all investors.
    but in the case of NZO things are starting to look like pigs in troughs.

and that is what seems to be valuing the sp.

something is re occurring..... and its not the capital losses.