sharetrader

BALANCE

no worries that existing NOGERS will influence S/p of this co.
    But potential new investors probably getting the brokers rundown and prevailing sentiments in general Market about this lot will.
    As I stated before, will take something extraordinary to turn that around.
    BTW. Agree with your appalling stats over the last few years.
    Thy have noting to rave about. But seem to be hell-bent of turning this around with endless repetitive presentations.
    Last edited by fabs; 22-03-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: add more

Have to agree there: extractng $1.50 from us and then bragging about giving 22c back is a bit rude. Digger?

Snr. Balanced , your opinion is now the flavour of posters. Might be strong like the Marmite - yes.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by brucey09 View Post
    Snr. Balanced , your opinion is now the flavour of posters. Might be strong like the Marmite - yes.

You highlight a very good point brucey09,it is indeed the flavour of the month.Now if i remember my earlier sharemarket readings it might be a good indication of a bottom. Remember way back in 2008 when NZO could do no wrong there were mostly only positive posting then.Those very positive posting some of which were mine did nothing to stop the slide in the next 4 years.In fact the positive attitude then might well have sent the SP higher than was justified. I can not help but thinking that the negatives now have chased the SP lower than it should be thus making NZO a good buy on fundamentals. Believe me i have no expectations that Balance is going to agree.
    I am expecting a very good first quarter to be released end of April giving high oil prices and contunious production.
    digger

yes oil prices are high, and they have continuous production, but it seems like we have to twist their arms to get a couple of cents divi a year.
    end of the day....... we are in a different world now and hard earned monies cannot be chucked at a dream anymore, and if a producing company that doesnt share its spoils with it owners,.... why invest?
    look at last year....... big announcement about no divi and the slide continued, then a buy back.... and it still couldnt stop the slide. that cash should of gone to shareholders as a gesture of thanks for the support. a 5cent divi (which is affordable) WILL support a high 90cent sp.... and give the co drill opportunity as well. instead we have what we have.. millions of part paid share "incentives to the employees" and some rather healthy salaries. all supported by the company owners who get what??? a chance of making it rich when the drill bit hits?.....well... it hit a few times already.
    and another question...... if NZO completely wrote off PRC, why did they payout the banks and all these other creditors with the insurance money if they now expect nothing in return? kind heartedness?, guilt?.... this is business..... the bank should of been the last entity that NZO should of paid back in FULL. 33mill if i remember correctly.... oh well its just shareholder cash.
    why give all that cash away, if there is no hope anymore.
    NZO owes nothing to this bank ...... whats going on in the board room?

As far as Divis go how many imputation credits do they have? Could be the problem best to pay in the most tax efficient way as far as I am concerned..

Quote Originally Posted by Onthemoney View Post
    As far as Divis go how many imputation credits do they have? Could be the problem best to pay in the most tax efficient way as far as I am concerned..
    $7.4m as at 30 June 2011. Be higher now. Certainly enough to pay another 5 cps dividend tax efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    $7.4m as at 30 June 2011. Be higher now. Certainly enough to pay another 5 cps dividend tax efficiently.
    Not quite with a 5 cent divi. Net payment of close to 20 million. Dividend would not be fully imputed.

Snrs. any pay dividend is better than nada with taxes paid. We pay, they play.

Yes, very negative sentiment here at NZO - probably a good time to buy. Although, I bet we will see down ramping forever from now, even when it surpasses it's previous historical high. I can see it now, "it's taken 8 years to get back to it's historical high blah blah.."

I do agree with you Neopole, they shouldn't have paid out the unsecured creditors ahead of themselves - they look a bit silly now.
    As with the bank, they were equally ranked secured creditors. However, they let the bank have their share of the loss.

There should be tax losses built up again (they can claim the provision on debt as taxable??), and therefore they won't be paying any tax and imputation credits won't be getting generated in the near term? I think you have raised a valid point onthemoney and they should probably perform substantial buybacks if this is the case as it won't be 'double taxed.'

Disclosure: Don't hold any, but think it's a good investment from here. Cashflow is strong. Net backing is strong. I also have reason to believe Momoho also has potential.