sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    And Mr Gordon Ward remains silent.................
    Only a criminal charge will bring him back to testify.

And it is not a forgone conclusion that he is to be blamed. Gave a boy a man's job and it was inevitable that there would have been a lot of **** going down at management and operational levels. Only the directors and he know the truth and circumstances of his departure. Was he sacked? Did he quit because he could not get board to spend on safety?

One thing is for sure - the explosion did not happen under his watch as he had been gone from PRC and Peter was in full operational and management control. Especially in the week before the explsoion when methane levels reached explosive levels several times a day but management continued to operate the mine.

It is hard too believe that methane detectors would be allowed to be off when everyone knew of the danger of methane in a coal seam. I hope the govt retrospectively introduces a law allowing prosecution for corporate manslaughter. This was not negligence in was deliberate disregard for life.

Among all the other things difficult to understand is; why did the people working in the mine allow it to be going on ??? there had to be a few among the 29 and other shifts who knew what the deal was if the site was dangerous.
    Last edited by blockhead; 07-11-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post
    It is hard too believe that methane detectors would be allowed to be off when everyone knew of the danger of methane in a coal seam. I hope the govt retrospectively introduces a law allowing prosecution for corporate manslaughter. This was not negligence in was deliberate disregard for life.
    And plastic bags were placed over gas sensors!

Who would do a thing like that!!!!????
    Last edited by Balance; 07-11-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Among all the other things difficult to understand is; why did the people working in the mine allow it to be going on ??? there had to be a few among the 29 and other shifts who knew what the deal was if the site was dangerous.
    We could ask the same sort of question of the directors and management of NOG - why did they not take heed of all the warnings of gross mismanagement during the development of the mine (delays, costs overruns, low quality coal, wrong equipment, engineering mishaps, etc)?

Why did they keep Gordon Ward on for so long?

Why did they keep Peter Whittall on (after DS expressed his no-confidence)?

Why have they not apologize for contributing to the deaths of 29 men?
    Last edited by Balance; 08-11-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Guru

All valid concerns,-but wouldnt it be more appropriate to be discussing them on the Pike River thread?

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    All valid concerns,-but wouldnt it be more appropriate to be discussing them on the Pike River thread?
    No - because PRC was NZOG's single biggest investment and how they invested and managed this investment provide unique insight into how good or bad they are.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    No - because PRC was NZOG's single biggest investment and how they invested and managed this investment provide unique insight into how good or bad they are.
    Rubbish.
    There might have been a valid point if you said how good or bad they WERE rather than stating how good or bad they ARE .
    Just about everyone who was involved with prc must shoulder some responsibility-and that includes any victims of the explosion if they covered up the methane sensors with plastic bags-I really doubt if management instructed them to do this .
    Current nzo management were not responsible for the events leading to the explosion.

I fully agree this discussion should be on the prc thread and i for one will not post comments about prc on this thread again
    Last edited by fish; 08-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Fabs I met nzo management last november and am convinced they are all well -intentioned people but hindsight has proved bad decisions were made . Digger and myself felt nzo could be better managed . Unfortunately nzo investors didnt give digger the support he needed to become a director.
    DS assured me that pw was driving prc to meet revised targets .I invested heavily in prc on the day of the explosion -i had put in a low bid which was taken up at the close of trading .If any investor should feel bitter it should be me -but I didnt lose a son in the explosion so can only feel sorrow for those that did .
    Digger and myself felt NZO needed a director with real life experience and aptitude and so I supported diggers attemt to get on the board-sadly not supported by shareholders and some person I think with legal expertise was nominated and elected by the board .
    It is telling that when I spoke to digger after the explosion he asked who lit a match ? PRC looks as if it was an explosion waiting to be ignited . DS did tell me he had no coal expertise and nzo wanted to sell when they had a better offer-they had received offers deemed not good enough
    First, DW tells you that PW is driving PRC hard. Next, it comes out in the inquiry that he had no confidence in PW and wanted him out.

Fish, this is the sort of rubbish fed to you by NZOG and you expect the rest of us will swallow that too?

Luckily there are those of us who saw through all that rubbish.

Guru

It was a bad investment in hindsight,we get it.
    But because you invest in a co. does not really make you responsible for what they do.
    If you had shares in Pike,should we blame you for this accident??
    Its time to move on.What most here are interested in, is where to from here for NZO.
    Im going to go out on a limb and say that not many are taking you seriously at this stage anyway.
    If i get hit with a barrage of complaints from members [other than you],then Ill know I was wrong.
    ONWARD