sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    The monies should be given to Balance as he plainly is the only human with decency and beyond contempt in all things,by his own confession.
    I warned you all about the gross mismanagement at PRC (and NZOG).

Many of you chose to ignore those warnings and in fact, some of you chose to support the directors, and actively harass 'dissenters'.

I did my best.

Can you say the same?
    Last edited by Balance; 22-11-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Absolutely as hindsight was not available at the time

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post
    There were two points of view presented all the way through the PRC saga.

Every mishap, every cost over-run, every delay etc were highlighted as indicative of something seriously amiss and wrong at PRC.

Some of you chose to believe the directors.

Please don't blame hindsight as I think it insults your own intelligence.

It is okay to be wrong.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-11-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Example of the excuses made when things go wrong at PRC :

"It seems to me most of you posters are not from mining familes. I am but i was never a miner,although it is part of the family. Brought up knowing that my fathers only brother was killed by a rock fall on the very first day on the job.OK that was about 90 years ago.
    my brother lived all his life as a miner in canada and managed several mines in his career.Way back in 1970 i visited his underground mine and was told to stay in a secure place. Two days later in was exactally where the roof caved in.
    Now my point here is that there will always be the odd rock slide when dealing with undwerground mining.It is par for the coa-rse and not the end of the world. Really it is a bit like car deaths,they happen but we do not rip up all the roads to prevent it happening in the future.
    What has happened is unfortunate but lets keep it in mind that 2.5 klms of underground tunnels have now been construced without any mishap.Because of this i think it is time for a bit of realism to creep back in and move forward.Here i suggest we fix up the rock colapse and scrap up the road kill and carry on."

Next mishap - they hit the graben. Totally unexpected, see?

After that, equipment failure - the wheels came off. Blame it on the Vietnamese who manufactured the faulty tracks.

Then, issues with hydro-mining. Blame it on the training.

According to the apologists, all to be expected with mining and not PRC or NZOG fault.

Then the explosion.

Oh, it's hindsight!
    Last edited by Balance; 22-11-2012 at 05:12 PM.

well for the record..... i agree with you balance.
    you are obviously educated, and know your stuff.
    but you do go overboard sometimes.
    and i see why.
    so .... keep it up...... some of us do listen..... and learn.
    but....... maybe a bit of balance on your part..... your intuition into your knowledge of stocks and the workings of board / management in particular companies could be expressed in ways that the sheeple of NZ wont get their backs up.

most folks gravitate to good news and shun bad news........ be a bit more diplomatic and more folks might actually learn something.

i know i have

keep up the good work..... just make it emotionally exceptable...... for the pure profit people.........
    this is sharetrader after all........

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    well for the record..... i agree with you balance.
    you are obviously educated, and know your stuff.
    but you do go overboard sometimes.
    and i see why.
    so .... keep it up...... some of us do listen..... and learn.
    but....... maybe a bit of balance on your part..... your intuition into your knowledge of stocks and the workings of board / management in particular companies could be expressed in ways that the sheeple of NZ wont get their backs up.

most folks gravitate to good news and shun bad news........ be a bit more diplomatic and more folks might actually learn something.

i know i have

keep up the good work..... just make it emotionally exceptable...... for the pure profit people.........
    this is sharetrader after all........

cheers
    hi Neopole - this thread is called NZO not "Balance's view" - Can you set up a new thread for Balnce to post daily on. Then he can keep us up to date & we will have a central learning point.
    In the meantime it would be nice to discuss things like oil on this thread for a bit of variety?

hi Neopole - this thread is called NZO not "Balance's view" - Can you set up a new thread for Balnce to post daily on. Then he can keep us up to date & we will have a central learning point.
    In the meantime it would be nice to discuss things like oil on this thread for a bit of variety?
    Nice words dsurf - amen to that.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

""hi Neopole - this thread is called NZO not "Balance's view"""

fair enough.... i agree.
    balance has his views about the company called NZO and most posters instead of talking about oil are commenting on and remarking on balances views.
    so im all happy to talk oil..... as long as the rest of posters are too.
    and alot of posters are as repetitious in their views on non oil topic as balance.
    i just made one comment........ now two..... and my last.

so lets drill some holes in the ground.

Guru

And that is no easy feat[well at least ones with oil in them]In my years of reading these threads ,there have not been many big finds.[NZO has been one of them relitavely speaking]
    I think it just goes to show how difficult it is to find it, now that the easy stuff has been found and alot of it used.---Peak oil--its getting harder--Not holding ATM but good luck to those that do

If you are really tired of unbalanced tirades, just Just click on the name and select "view profile" and from there select "Add to Ignore List"