sharetrader

Snr. Bigbob
    I think very bad company giving news.
    I think Snr. Night turn off lights. Yes?
    Last edited by brucey09; 09-01-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Advanced Member

Brucey - what does your post mean exactly, too many Steinies?

Snr. Tim23
    I say the company was good telling news, but all gone on the holiday - no more news ? Drill is now late - lights off. Holiday to?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by brucey09 View Post
    Snr. Tim23
    I say the company was good telling news, but all gone on the holiday - no more news ? Drill is now late - lights off. Holiday to?

Hello and the best for the new year to all NZO holders.

Yes we are still waiting for the drill to be started. This oil drilling business is like that ,should have had some report by now but seems there is some unexpected hold up so we just wait i guess.Oil is still selling well and the half year report should be out soon.
    Cheers while we wait.
    digger

Advanced Member

There is a article on Upstreamonline that heads as :
    UK discovery rate hit all time low. Just two finds from 66 wells in 2012.
    Heres hoping NZO does a bit better. The international average is about 1 in 10 and NZO has had about 6 or 7 dry one in a row now after the hay days of three success after TUI. Currently we are sitting on the world average but still hoping we do not slip the UK way.
    digger

Guru

Lets face it,as oil gets more scarce,the discovery rate is going to fall unless major new technology comes along.
    Patience is definitely required in this game as Im sure alot have discovered.

Have another couple corollas Brucey

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    There is a article on Upstreamonline that heads as :
    UK discovery rate hit all time low. Just two finds from 66 wells in 2012.
    Heres hoping NZO does a bit better. The international average is about 1 in 10 and NZO has had about 6 or 7 dry one in a row now after the hay days of three success after TUI. Currently we are sitting on the world average but still hoping we do not slip the UK way.
    Digger Premier Oil must be the winners in the UK drills for 2012
    [am hoping they will bring that success to vietnam and NZO through their 15% of PPP can also find some more black gold]

M

Default NOG time is tick-tocking along....

Update on Kisaran block first well spud date...:

The operator of an exploration block in Central Sumatra Basin, Indonesia, has advised that drilling of one exploratory well, Parit Minyak-2, is expected to begin around 27 January. New Zealand Oil & Gas has a 22.5 per cent stake in the block through its subsidiary NZOG Asia Pty Ltd.

Parit Minyak-2 is the first well NZOG has been involved in drilling outside New Zealand as the company diversifies internationally while retaining a core focus on New Zealand.
    Major site construction work at PM-2 was finished on 23 December. Drilling was scheduled to commence before the end of 2012 but equipment mobilisation has been hampered by wet weather and other logistical factors.

The Kisaran block is located in the Barumun trough in the northern part of the Central Sumatra Basin - the most prolific oil producing basin in South East Asia. The Parit Minyak-2 well will appraise an undeveloped oil discovery made in 2006, and explore additional zones that were not present in that well.

A second well, Parit Minyak-3, is scheduled to follow with construction of the access road currently underway.

On the 26/10/2012 NZO made the following announcement:

"NZOG expects drilling to begin in December or sooner. An announcement will be
    made when the well spuds."

I suppose 2 weeks after the deadline from the last announcement keeps shareholders informed .....

Bring back Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post
    On the 26/10/2012 NZO made the following announcement:

"NZOG expects drilling to begin in December or sooner. An announcement will be
    made when the well spuds."

I suppose 2 weeks after the deadline from the last announcement keeps shareholders informed .....

Bring back Chris!
    Can I smell mushrooms stewing?
    Last edited by J R Ewing; 14-01-2013 at 02:39 PM.