sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Merger with PPP or takeover from AWE?

well awe and ppp arent in a trading halt.... so no mergers or tui downgrade....... or kupe news.......... or divi news.
    tr hasnt gone to heaven yet
    the well in tusinia is behind scheduled... so no oil news
    but tunsinia has trouble.... big trouble
    ""Tunisia's prime minister announced his resignation following a failed effort to form a technocratic government today to see the country out of its political crisis.""
    from the local paper.
    so maybe nzo doing a runner.....

the sooner tr is forced into retirement the better.

still cant understand why senior shareholders support his seat on the board.

but knowing nzo's record of trading halts..... it wont be good news.

unless solid energy has sold pike back to nzo for $1

just my pessimistic views

The obvious is that NZOG has decided to invest its cash in a major asset?

any ideas as to what that major asset might be?
    maybe canadian oil sands? thats a good bet

Well, maybe Noggers' luck has finally come in?

Big strike?

Well, if it is tunisia, I can't see it as a good idea. The guardian reports that they've arrested four people over the assasination of the opposition leader. I wonder if it isn't just an expediency as the protests were against the islamic govt due to lack of action. Then there's the matter of the arms being shipped to/from Mali - and arms crossing the Lybian boarder - - smacks of deep unrest in the whole north african area. We all know about the killing of oil workers, the French are kidding themselves if they think they've got an exit strategy in northern Mali.. all powder keg territory. In summary - it would be good if there was an announcment that cosmos is to be abandoned.

Indonesia still approx 3 wks away from drilling completion...so can't imagine any oil finding announcement. We know what Cosmos has. Only possibility of a negative announcement (in my view)...would be a withdraw from Tunisia due to political unrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenstfarmer View Post
    Indonesia still approx 3 wks away from drilling completion...so can't imagine any oil finding announcement. We know what Cosmos has. Only possibility of a negative announcement (in my view)...would be a withdraw from Tunisia due to political unrest.
    No need for trading halt for such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Maybe Balance has shown up on the NZO share register & they're worried about the sp skyrocketing.
    Haha. Good one! I doubt though that NZO will define yours truly here as an asset on their share register.

Tunisia does sound like a disastrous situation - unstable government and a populist one may just decide to nationalize everything.

How much has NZO invested in Tunisia? Do include the costs and expenses of all that wining, dining, traveling, entertainment etc etc to land this prize investment for Noggers.