sharetrader
Page 13 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    I may go see it this week. Have to take the Mrs and not the mistress this time.

Where is it shown? It is not at the Rialto Newmarket.
    Arjay and i saw it at the Rialto hamilton. Zobrah probably in Auckland somewhere.
    digger

I think it's finished at the Rialto in Hamilton Digger. I saw it up the road at Victoria's (you can have a beer there!).

Good points Bermuda. I guess many people will keep paying higher petrol prices to maintain their car addiction (at least until the grocery money runs out), however high petrol costs is one thing - a fuel shortage is another. Fuel queues, rationing and the return of things like car-less days will wake people up. The most sobering aspect of A Crude Awakening to me was not related to transport fuels, but other uses for oil. They made the point that the eath's human carrying capacity (now nearly 7 billion) without cheap oil to make cheap food (fertilizers) is around 1-1.5 billion. That leave's 5 billion people to.......(well, you know). Still, I guess the rest of the planet will breathe a sigh of relief. Unless of course certain world leaders try to grab a bigger cut of the diminishing pie and throw a few bombs around.
    Last edited by arjay; 11-09-2007 at 12:09 PM.

ASX up 4, and there's a new announcement. Good news maybe? Can someone post it, I can't get it yet.

Edit - here it is, listed as price sensitive by AWE but not PPP or NZO

AWE Ltd (“AWE”) reports that the Taranui-1 well is being plugged and abandoned and
    at 0600 hours today was completing operations prior to the release of the drilling rig
    from the Taranui location.
    During the week, a comprehensive suite of wireline logs were successfully completed,
    including pressure testing and fluid sampling of both the Kapuni F and D Sands. A
    small volume of oil was recovered from the Kapuni D sands during this sampling
    programme. The data is still being reviewed, but initial indications are that these
    zones will not be commercially significant.
    Following completion of the abandonment operations at Taranui, the rig will move to
    commence operations on West Cape-1 in PEP 38481
    Last edited by Lion; 11-09-2007 at 12:25 PM.

mackdadunk-
    1....The price of oil wont make to much difference to your oil shares.
    2.....The companies will be spending more finding less, or do you think they will stand still until they go under with nothing left to sell?.
    3.....The various GOVTS will tax the last oil to the hilt.
    4..... The shareholders will be left as usual in the end with slim pickings.
    5....Most of the oil is undiscovered in the artic and antartic regions of the world so look forward to a bit of global warming to uncover that lot.
    6.... Lots of water to flow under the bridge before we need to really be concerned. With NZO we know what they have got, but whats next is more to the point, where to from here?. Macdunk
    1...wanna beat... a supply side constraint could change NZO dramatically... oil $100 -> how many barrels net to NZO a few million right... say 4m.... whats $30*4million mackdadunk... (very rough calc)...
    2... Yes companies will be spending more as industry costs rise due to demand increase as price of oil rises..., but technology improvement is increasing success rate of oil stirkes to offset some of this, as well as higher oil prices decreasing project risk... shell, and spec oilers will be hit the most by rising industry costs...
    its no different for any other industry that faces increased costs..

3...yes Tax is a component of This industry, as oil creates externalities...
    no different for other industries
    also depends which country you are in as to how you get treated... NZ govt has made it attractive enough for the oil majors to attack the GSB....
    4....Somehow I dont think that I will be left with slim pickings... depends on what stocks you hold...theres big growth plays in this industry...
    5....Yes global warming is an issue, and many see gas as the future of this industry...im not debating global warming with you MD, you never listen...

6.... As you know mr mackdadunk, NZO is in the process of getting 3 projects up and running... and now NZO is down to two projects to get kick started.... The First project - Tui, was a major success, reserves upgrades, full flow rates with little problem other than a slight delay...
    ... NZO now has solid cashflow and how they grow from here is anyones guess, But NZO DONOT need to gain other assets, new projects to get SP growth... NZO has the growth channel set and exploration success from here on in is a bonus, NZO will sail when Pike gets sorted... Dividends are a major issue and I will be raising my points at the AGM if I go... NZO should be looking for a strategy of gaining acerage and farming down big chunks and be free carried, or close to it....
    three diversifed producing projects will make NZO a lucurative investment...the ones that spot it early will be better off... markets will determine what happens
    NZO will be a long term cashcow.......Pike is discounting NZO big time...
    Mackdadunk, recently you have been posting where your not really having ago at NZO but your referring to the oil industry as a whole...And you dont sound like a fan of it after getting burnt by NZO... yourve been scared away by one oiler that didnot go in your way of thinking at the time, and now you understand more about how companies re-rate .... dont let that scare you away mate... making a stance against the oil industry is a bad move on your part...
    lata...

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Advanced Member

SHREWDY, I noticed you were smart enough to get out of NZO even although it was a little late in the play. You managed to join me on the other side of the ditch to take advantage of our over priced dollar. I dont care if a company drills for oil or manufactures atomic weapons as long as the sp trends up if my money is in it. I Find the miners are easier to predict, and just as volatile, with less chance of coming a gutser as spec oilers.
    Interested in your opinion on the options. I say its pass the parcel at the end, i cant see the sp increase by a third in ten months unless NZO start a big buy back to raise the share price. A good TA exit strategy would have scored you a big win with NZO, make sure you follow PHAEDRUSES exit system with your CUE. Look forward to meeting you again sometime, dont get to hung up in any company. They are only there to make us money no more and no less. MACDUNK

So, they've spent a whole week at Taranui, (and still not finished), since last week's announcement. Running further tests. Probably not commercial quantities of oil they say, yet they spent a lot of time there making sure. Expensive time - let's hope they found some useful data to add to the big picture of the whole area.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post

SHREWDY, Interested in your opinion on the options. I say its pass the parcel at the end, i cant see the sp increase by a third in ten months ......

..... needs a half more .... ie 50% increase from today

No DaDunk needs 100% to get the ood's down to his price.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ..... needs a half more .... ie 50% increase from today
    JEEZE I was only taking easy on my mate SHREWDY. If you work it out from the other end $1-50 against a dollar today it is a third. But regardless of my bad mathematics, what do you reckon the parcel is worth in ten months time?. Unless they buy back the shares to raise the price the options have had it. The question is have they got enough up top to work it out?. I dont think they will have the brains to manipulate the price then sell back to the gullable at profit. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    JEEZE I was only taking easy on my mate SHREWDY. If you work it out from the other end $1-50 against a dollar today it is a third. But regardless of my bad mathematics, what do you reckon the parcel is worth in ten months time?. Unless they buy back the shares to raise the price the options have had it. The question is have they got enough up top to work it out?. I dont think they will have the brains to manipulate the price then sell back to the gullable at profit. Macdunk
    well said me old mate ..... I was surprised that when shrewdie sold out of everything he kept his ODs for a while .... didn't seem to make sense

But you never know ..... the ODs might just be a good thing .... maybe