sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes Banksie have done research but many years ago when I had a small holding,black dog comment was tongue in cheek but others cautions are always welcome,cheers
    hang fire....i,ll check with balance and get back to ya

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    hang fire....i,ll check with balance and get back to ya
    Balance says "fill ya boots boris"...best investment eva

Just a thought but if the JV,s must be somewhat confident that the oil is there and is economic with the drill now having troubles would be abandoned.[/QUOTE]

Yeah right,
    would probably cost them just as much in compensation to the contractor as would going ahead with it.
    The S/Hs of AWE are not impressed.
    But as always lets hope they are all wrong.
    CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Well heard BB . I was chuckling too.

Just a thought but if the JV,s must be somewhat confident that the oil is there and is economic with the drill now having troubles would be abandoned.
    Yep could well be an elevation of Tui (guessing of course). But there again you can betcha boots
    they would have tested the hydrocarbon shows to see if they match.

Looking good for ÖI
    BB

A stuck drill string can be caused by many situations.

• Packing-off due to cuttings settling back into the wellbore when circulation is stopped.
    • Differentially when there is a large difference between formation pressure and wellbore pressure. The drill string is pushed against one side of the well bore. The force required to pull the string along the wellbore in this occurrence is a function of the total contact surface area, the pressure difference and the friction factor.
    • Keyhole sticking occurs mechanically as a result of pulling up into doglegs when tripping.
    • Adhesion due to not moving it for a significant amount of time.

Once the tubular member is stuck, there are many techniques used to extract the pipe. The tools and expertise are normally supplied by an oilfield service company. Two popular tools and techniques are the oilfield jar and the surface resonant vibrator. Below is a history of these tools along with how they operate.
    Lets hope its the second point.....formation pressure sounds good

IMO

Thanks ziggy ; my own personal resonance indicator is" picking up good vibrations" but i would say that

In my opinion once a drill has reached the zone of interest then nog or the operator should issue daily progress reports
    Sayce

Quote Originally Posted by Sayce View Post
    In my opinion once a drill has reached the zone of interest then nog or the operator should issue daily progress reports
    just watch buy/sell quotes....just before the stuck string announcement the sells appeared however i now see the buys are starting to appear so expect an announcement shortly saying drill is moving again

just watch buy/sell quotes....just before the stuck string announcement the sells appeared however i now see the buys are starting to appear so expect an announcement shortly saying drill is moving again
    oops right with announcement just wrong with topic....no insider trading but some one always knows before the rest of us plebs

Advanced Member

oops right with announcement just wrong with topic....no insider trading but some one always knows before the rest of us plebs
    Ziggy415, did you read the genesis energy
    share float where NZO pointed out on there release today. IT shows a big increase in gas sales by 2015 ,so anyone reading that could then see a lift for NZO as we have 15% of the KUPE field,which is where the gas is coming from.
    In fact I hoped others would read it to back up what I have said or rubbish it as I have read it wrong.
    So I do not see any insider trading here.
    digger