sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    you dont need to buy 3million shares to support price...100,000 would do....they are building a stake plain and simple
    You have to if nobody else, especially institutions, is buying - and more so, when other institutions are selling out after deciding they have had a gutsful of monkeys burning cash looking for bananas in Siberia?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You have to if nobody else, especially institutions, is buying - and more so, when other institutions are selling out after deciding they have had a gutsful of monkeys burning cash looking for bananas in Siberia?
    I dunno balance at 77c NZO look pretty good:

EPS 5.47c
    NTA 85.46c
    P/E ratio 14.08
    Dividend yield 7.79%

Debt $0
    Cash on hand $158 m

2 producing fields and,
    they have hit oil on their last 2 drills.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    you dont need to buy 3million shares to support price...100,000 would do....they are building a stake plain and simple
    They would only need to buy 2.5 million to get three as they probably got shares in lue.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    They would only need to buy 2.5 million to get three as they probably got shares in lue.
    sorry digger i was being bit lazy....between last update by zeta and the latest update they have accummilated 6 million more shares....roughly 2 mill would be shares in lieu of divvy so they bought 4 mill on line which seems a lot if you are just trying to prop up the share price, but balance is right about not too many others wanting in.....shale oil in u/s will keep oil price in check and may be chasing punters away.....buttttt.. shale oil needs the price above us$90 to be cost effective so it may keep a bottom on the price....( dont know cost for nzo to extract a barrel)....i also see the usa is not allowed to export crude so lots are sitting in tanks in houston waiting to be processed...im sure balance will have his spin on it and i welcome another point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    I dunno balance at 77c NZO look pretty good:

EPS 5.47c
    NTA 85.46c
    P/E ratio 14.08
    Dividend yield 7.79%

Debt $0
    Cash on hand $158 m

2 producing fields and,
    they have hit oil on their last 2 drills.
    You may be interested to know that the market does not value oil stocks on PER, Dividend yield and/or NTA.

The prime factors analysts consider are reserves, run down and replenish rates of reserves, costs of extraction, track record of new discoveries and of course, present and forecast mineral or oil price. Then there's management and reinvestment risks.

Consider NZOG against the above factors would give you an excellent indicator of why most institutions stay well clear of this stock.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You may be interested to know that the market does not value oil stocks on PER, Dividend yield and/or NTA.

The prime factors analysts consider are reserves, run down and replenish rates of reserves, costs of extraction, track record of new discoveries and of course, present and forecast mineral or oil price. Then there's management and reinvestment risks.

Consider NZOG against the above factors would give you an excellent indicator of why most institutions stay well clear of this stock.
    Once ever two years you Balance make a posting that I find myself largely agreeing with,and this is one of those rare ones. The last line is not entirely correct as institutions have mostly pulled out of all resource stocks in the last two years,but accurate enough anyways. TAP on ASX has done much worse than NZO for reasons I do not understand. New oil for then will come in about sept this year but until the money is in the bank investors are not interested. Oil and Gas stocks are just not in favour now.
    However that is the past and probably still true for the near future.The coming crunch in oil and gas shortage will start to hit big time about 2017 and from now till then the world will act short term and pretend oil will always be plentiful and available.
    Zeta's buying into NZO is the sort of play many top investors say you should undertake. That is do your own sums,do not try to find the future by looking in the rear vision mirror,and treat the total sum of investments of all others on the market as if they were just one person. Or in other words do not assume just because everyone is into or out of a stock the crowd must be right.
    Zeta will soon be up against the limit where they can not buy anymore shares before the takeover rule kicks in at 19%. I believe they can exceed this limit if they only get above that figure on shares in lue.
    digger

[DIGGER
    Zeta will soon be up against the limit where they can not buy anymore shares before the takeover rule kicks in at 19%. I believe they can exceed this limit if they only get above that figure on shares in lue.[/QUOTE]

But they will try to probably get a rep. on the board.
    If and when that happens means another snout on the trough, which of course is of dubious benefit to the S/H.
    Like i said before, only progress for this co. is striking a Gusher.
    Trouble is a great amount more Expertise and perhaps also a bit of luck than the present management has displayed in the last few years badly required.

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    [DIGGER
    Zeta will soon be up against the limit where they can not buy anymore shares before the takeover rule kicks in at 19%. I believe they can exceed this limit if they only get above that figure on shares in lue.
    If and when that happens means another snout on the trough, which of course is of dubious benefit to the S/H.
    Trouble is a great amount more Expertise and perhaps also a bit of luck than the present management has displayed in the last few years badly required.[/QUOTE]
    Geez Fab....your sounding rather un"balanced"....
    if Zeta get to a 20% share holding they will get a board spot and they have stated they want a capital distribution ..even a 10 cent special divvy will cost $40 million which puts a big dent in nzo coffers....pateke and oi wells are important to nzo because the cost to hook it to tui will be relitivey cheep and extend the life of tui......oil in these two wells will add 30 cents to nzo share price

Guru

With tech and bio stocks getting hit,maybe its time for oilers to shine again--Everyone needs a darling

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    Trouble is a great amount more Expertise and perhaps also a bit of luck than the present management has displayed in the last few years badly required.
    Fabs, you better barricade your doors and protect your computer from a viral attack - you have just outed yourself as a heretic against the NZO religious order where the sun perennially shines out of the directors' and management proverbial.

Zeta has a tiger by the tail with their lop-sided investment in NZOG and has no choice but to keep buying - that much is clear.

Their strategy is clearly one of praying (in tune with the NZOG religious order, ably guided by latest convert Ziggy Stardust) for a gusher as you state - failing which they will push for a liquidation to recover what's left of their investment.