sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Dodgy - they already have 20 pc that's more than 10 pc already!
    Hi Tim
    Sorry my error - typo. Should have read 100%. My understanding was that they were trying for a take over?
    -d
    Last edited by dodgy; 28-02-2015 at 06:11 AM.

Advanced Member

I think they are okay with partial takeover it's not an aggressive play

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I think they are okay with partial takeover it's not an aggressive play
    Hi tim23
    You are quite right - I think they are on record as being happy with about the remaining Todd share. It just reinforces my stance that they are wallying about - not quite sure what is best but shoot at anything that may move. Argument has been proposed that AK just wants the detailed research data and scans to leverage an advantage in Taranaki but I can't see any % held in Cue providing any data availability. Cue is a very minor player Maari included. So why would the other participants give the crown jewels to an opposition company NZO, allowing enhanced future competitive block bidding.
    -dodgy
    Discl: Current hold NZO and Cue.

[QUOTE=fish;559095]
    Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post

Its a great time to pick up cheap oil assets and good to choose a company with cash and assets.
    I think ppp could be next
    In 2009 at the time of the GFC & after raising money at $1.50 per share would have been better! Looks like buy high very very late.

Hi Guys
    Looks like another top shelf governance / management decision. Buy back the punters $1.50 shares for 75c and then the market settles below $0.60. This was always on the cards. Buy backs of this nature are never that successful. About time some accountability? Maybe Digger could threaten tractor based mayhem. Threats seem to be the flavour of the day, milk to politicians and Kauri climbing. Seriously, this ship appears seriously rudderless. Where to from here?
    Ideas?
    -d

Discl: Current holding - too many for comfort.
    Last edited by dodgy; 11-03-2015 at 04:50 PM. Reason: poor grammer

Slightly off topic, but I hope that's not an issue. I have been loosely monitoring the Cue on market acquisition progress, and notice that the number of buyers at $0.10 fluctuates, and is now up to 8 (refer depth on ASB Securities site). But these 'other' 7 buyers are playing a futile game are they not? Doesn't NZO's bid at $0.10 take precedence if it was placed first, or is that not how it works? i.e. wouldn't NZO's full order have to go through at $0.10 before these other 7 got a crack at any shares offered for sale at $0.10 ?!?! im confused?! (easily done mind)

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I hope that's not an issue. I have been loosely monitoring the Cue on market acquisition progress, and notice that the number of buyers at $0.10 fluctuates, and is now up to 8 (refer depth on ASB Securities site). But these 'other' 7 buyers are playing a futile game are they not? Doesn't NZO's bid at $0.10 take precedence if it was placed first, or is that not how it works? i.e. wouldn't NZO's full order have to go through at $0.10 before these other 7 got a crack at any shares offered for sale at $0.10 ?!?! im confused?! (easily done mind)
    Hi Barleeni
    Yes 100% - first in best dressed.
    Fill no 1 then the rest get their go - in theory, however I am not sure it happens every time.
    -d

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Leaner, meaner & less-loved

NZO gets kicked out of NZX50 at the end of next week

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS: If the broker of a buyer at $0.10 has a seller at $0.10 I think he match up internally before going out to the market. So the NZO cheeky-bid may not get everything.

PPS: Don't quote me on the above - I am not totally sure of this for the ASX.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    NZO gets kicked out of NZX50 at the end of next week

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS: If the broker of a buyer at $0.10 has a seller at $0.10 I think he match up internally before going out to the market. So the NZO cheeky-bid may not get everything.

PPS: Don't quote me on the above - I am not totally sure of this for the ASX.
    Hi Paper Tiger
    I agree but if the internal (off market) transfer was made by a broker - matched , then would the trade show as waiting "on market" on the buy side or be "invisible".
    Regards
    -d

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow I think I know what you are asking

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Hi Paper Tiger
    I agree but if the internal (off market) transfer was made by a broker - matched , then would the trade show as waiting "on market" on the buy side or be "invisible".
    Regards
    -d
    The buy order would/could an 'ordinary' order in the queue until such time as it was completed.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum