sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Hi pietrade
    Is this good? I was always of the understanding when one dog ate another dog you very rarely end up with a better dog, better fed maybe (fees) but not a better performer.

-d (owner/shareholder of both - don't ask why)
    Despite all the negative sentiment towards NZO, and still not sure, whether they are at this price a good deal (well - I put a very small toe into the water ...):

I think a takeover of CUE would increase efficiencies for both organisations ... at least there would be an opportunity to rationalise management / administration and maybe even reduce the overall number of snouts at the board-trough.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Excellent summary and is, I agree, bang on the money. I've just been reading a brokers report that values the company at 74 cents and rates the company a buy. There's one very, very important factor they overlook. If you discount their DCF model for the net present value of all future corporate overhead the company has very little value at all.
    Hi Roger, could you please explain the last sentence in words that an accounting bunny like me might understand.

Hi all
    It would appear from Cue's latest statement that NZO has picked up most of its Cue shares from Todd Energy (which was expected) and as a complete surprise, Zeta, which also has about 20% of NZO. Which begs the questions why did Zeta sell their holding, and how much of this total affair has been initiated and driven by Zeta ? The balance of the smaller shareholders including a chinese oiler have only sold about 2% of Cue. As the offer theoretically expires on Friday will there be a selling rush or will the offer be extended in the hope of success?
    - dodgy
    holding both unfortunately

Advanced Member

NZO picked up another 3.5m today - this might encourage them to extend the offer in the hope of cracking the 50.1%
    After the offer closes then CUE sp will likely fall back to 8c or so fairly quickly - give it 6 months and NZO could initiate a share buyback @ say 8.5c, which effectively increases NZO stake and weakens the vote no camp.

Another view is that NZO do not extend the offer and the shareholders who were holding out might come with a big rush in the last hour of trading on Friday, because on Monday the sp may be lower than 10c

M

Hi all
    It would appear from Cue's latest statement that NZO has picked up most of its Cue shares from Todd Energy (which was expected) and as a complete surprise, Zeta, which also has about 20% of NZO. Which begs the questions why did Zeta sell their holding, and how much of this total affair has been initiated and driven by Zeta ? The balance of the smaller shareholders including a chinese oiler have only sold about 2% of Cue. As the offer theoretically expires on Friday will there be a selling rush or will the offer be extended in the hope of success?
    - dodgy
    holding both unfortunately
    Zeta is one of NZOG's board members investment vehicle, so he appears to be playing both sides.
    This time it is Cue, but what is his end game for NZOG?

He's the tail wagging the flea ridden NZOG dog

Quote Originally Posted by notie View Post
    Zeta is one of NZOG's board members investment vehicle, so he appears to be playing both sides.
    This time it is Cue, but what is his end game for NZOG?

He's the tail wagging the flea ridden NZOG dog
    Pretty Bang-on.
    And he has got his money out probably with a handsome profit to boot, with still as much if not more influence by is 20% holding in nzo over both, given the clueless rest of the board will be interesting to see who will end up better off, him or the S/Hs
    Ideally would be both, RRRRIGHT????

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    Pretty Bang-on.
    And he has got his money out probably with a handsome profit to boot, with still as much if not more influence by is 20% holding in nzo over both, given the clueless rest of the board will be interesting to see who will end up better off, him or the S/Hs
    Ideally would be both, RRRRIGHT????
    Hi Fabs
    We may well need a white Knight.
    -d

Hi Fabs
    We may well need a white Knight.
    -d
    To save whom?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    To save whom?
    Hi BlackPeter
    I guess you must have noticed the share price decline since the 75c buyback 1:5 cancellation. NZO needs saving, unless you are happy to see your investment dwindle by the month. Needs new acreage and restore dividend . Just of note for Fabs - Zeta's original, substantial shareholder filing, showed an average of about $Aussie 12.75c if my maths is right. Selling for $A10c to NZO doesn't look like the sharpest of investments. So the plot thickens or are Zeta not as good as assumed?
    - dodgy (reluctant owner/shareholder)
    BlackPeter, you may ask why stay - answer, too cold a bath to take - might freeze me to death.

Thanks for that Dodgy,was wondering what they cost them, yes not smart.
    Case of two halfwit-ed lots equal WHAT??
    Well time will tell, maybe costly,certainly not looking promising atm. but then that's been consistent for far too long.