sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    At the rate price of oil descending, NZO S/P still looks quite high, but will probably in time
    follow the continuing descend of the O/P.
    Zeata can bid its time and match its offer price within reasonable range of any independent valuers.
    In that possible scenario compulsory T/O===== LIKE TAKING CANDY OF A BABY=====
    Don't like it, but things happen that way.

BTW Musos; Good Lyrics for a song here. [ grin ]
    I guess there is nothing stopping the "baby" to buy some more - and push the price up. However - have to agree: looking at all fundamentals this company looks at the moment undervalued ... probably due to a mixture of a history of breaking promises, questionable governance, some bad luck combined with suboptimal decisions ... and the falling oil price does not help either. Quite funny mixture between an income and a highly speculative stock.

Discl: hold a (small) parcel and wondering whether buying it was one of my better investment decisions.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I guess there is nothing stopping the "baby" to buy some more - and push the price up. However - have to agree: looking at all fundamentals this company looks at the moment undervalued ... probably due to a mixture of a history of breaking promises, questionable governance, some bad luck combined with suboptimal decisions ... and the falling oil price does not help either. Quite funny mixture between an income and a highly speculative stock.

Discl: hold a (small) parcel and wondering whether buying it was one of my better investment decisions.
    Morning BlackPeter and all,
    Unfortunately for NZO and also TWR at this moment, the fly in the ointment was overpriced buybacks. I can't remember any buybacks doing anything for the long term share price in New Zealand. The inference of course, is that management prefers to spend our money (on buybacks) more wisely than the owners/shareholders. Would you be as happy if the buyback kings were government departments instead? I guess not. Now a 75c bought back share is worth 53c today - great result. Comments?
    Kind regards and have an exceptional day - making money elsewhere.
    -dodgy
    Last edited by dodgy; 08-07-2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: dodgy grammar

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Morning BlackPeter and all,
    Unfortunately for NZO and also TWR at this moment, the fly in the ointment was overpriced buybacks. I can't remember any buybacks doing anything for the long term share price in New Zealand. The inference of course, is that management prefers to spend our money (on buybacks) more wisely than the owners/shareholders. Would you be as happy if the buyback kings were government departments instead? I guess not. Now a 75c bought back share is worth 53c today - great result. Comments?
    Kind regards and have an exceptional day - making money elsewhere.
    -dodgy
    Hi dodgy, I agree with your assessment of the appropriateness of the NZO capital return (or buy back) at a too high price. However not quite sure, whether I agree as well with your general view on recent buybacks in NZ. Look at NPX - they managed to lift their SP by more than 1/3rd that way (obviously as well supported by some good news). Buybacks in general can be an appropriate way to reward shareholders, it just depends on the circumstances.
    ----

Good morning BlackPeter
    I was generalizing but over time I believe this to be the case. Its very early days when you consider NPX last buy back was about 3 weeks ago at a shade over $4.28/share and closed yesterday at $4.12. Please check in 6-12 months - will this s/p still hold up?
    Kind regards
    -dodgy (NPX - currently not an owner/shareholder)

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Good morning BlackPeter
    I was generalizing but over time I believe this to be the case. Its very early days when you consider NPX last buy back was about 3 weeks ago at a shade over $4.28/share and closed yesterday at $4.12. Please check in 6-12 months - will this s/p still hold up?
    Kind regards
    -dodgy (NPX - currently not an owner/shareholder)
    fair enough ... I probably looked at that too much from my own little selfish perspective ... sold out of NPX with a nice gain during the early stages of their buy back phase ... a nice correction of their share price now would be only a bonus for me. Ah yes - and before anybody complains - I shall shut up talking NPX on this thread ... promise & apologies ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 09-07-2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: what difference a letter makes .... NZX -> NPX
    ----

[QUOTE=BlackPeter;580110] looking at all fundamentals this company looks at the moment undervalued;

Don't think NZO is undervalued at all, really if you take everything into consideration at this point of time.
    Investors long ago have had enough for quite a number of reasons, that has now been made worse by no foreseeable returns to S/H.
    This Management demonstrated over a long period of having any clues nor expertise in generating worthwhile wealth for the co. [ lots of funds available for a long,long time ]
    It is no good to talk about POTENTIAL here anymore, as it would need the discovery of a gusher to bring any interest back to it. [ how likely is that ??? ]
    How far the P/O will fall let alone when it will recover to a real profitable level is any ones guess, in the meantime same no. of staff enjoy sitting at the Through.
    Lots of S/H want out depressing the price further any body having paid over 90 cents really hurting.
    T/O for this co. should have taken place years ago as i stated to A/K
    THE LATER IT WILL HAPPEN NOW THE MORE HURTFUL IT WILL BE.
    This co.had such golden prospects badly squandered over the last 7 or more years.
    Hope against all odds to have this horribly wrong.
    But hey lets break out the Booze and keep on Dancing.

You'll be able to get these shares for free soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenstfarmer View Post
    You'll be able to get these shares for free soon.
    Not as long there is slop in the Through, for the chaps around it to have there fill.
    It would take a brave unbiased Valuer to pitch the S/P above 40 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    Not as long there is slop in the Through, for the chaps around it to have there fill.
    It would take a brave unbiased Valuer to pitch the S/P above 40 cents.
    Lots of brave people here:

http://www.4-traders.com/NEW-ZEALAND...237/consensus/

BTW - it would take a foolish analyst to rate a share which paid so far 6 cents dividends per year plus (plus imputation credits) and this year a capital return at less than 40 cents. Wouldn't it?
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Lots of brave people here:

http://www.4-traders.com/NEW-ZEALAND...237/consensus/

BTW - it would take a foolish analyst to rate a share which paid so far 6 cents dividends per year plus (plus imputation credits) and this year a capital return at less than 40 cents. Wouldn't it?
    Oh yes being selective, a year ago was a good move to get out at 80cents despite what happened since.
    My comments relate to the PRESENT.

Going by the current trend i stick my neck out with perhaps the added rider, hoping to be wrong.
    One would wonder how many of those lots of brave ones are now busy buying up, or just playing around with graphs?
    Meanwhile for the ones around it, THE THROUGH OVERFLOWED!
    CHEERS