sharetrader
    Banned

NPAT 20cps if you annualise this quarter's earnings.

Admin costs $6million for the quarter - surely that can be slashed.

Imagine of oil prices go up, as the always have done in the past from comparable lows.

I bought yesterday and again today.

Advanced Member

Anyone go the AGM today?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Sorry you got hurt with PPP.It was always high risk and they stupidly invested nearly all in one drill.
    Nzo has $103 million in the bank and net cash flow of 16 million last quarter.
    This is at a time of low oil prices.
    Production costs of kupe for instance is relatively fixed so an increase in reserves-as just announced but known for sometime equates to a big increase in prospective profits.
    Indonesia is starting production.
    Clipper is a really exciting prospect.
    You really need to read todays quarterly report and the annual report.
    NZO has fingers in so many pies-unlike ppp.
    This derisks the company compared to ppp
    It (PPP)was a learning experience--Im out of oilers now but was curious as i was pretty involved before -(have freinds who are still invested though)-cheers for the info derisks the company compared to PPP--Thats not saying much------good Luck (but just remember the dangers of buying in a downtrend) you will have to keep a close eye on this (those knives are razor sharp atm!)

Guru

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7350...lling-campaign

Interesting (and good I think) article...

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7350...lling-campaign

Interesting (and good I think) article...
    Kaheru-they won't drill it as Tag Oil don't have the money and NZOG doesn't have the guts to go it alone with Beach.

Barque-they can make all the nice noises about this they want, but not a snowballs in hell that they will farm it out in the current market

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Anyone go the AGM today?
    Perhaps Digger will report.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Perhaps Digger will report.
    I did not go .
    digger

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    I did not go .
    Hi Digger,
    Trust you are keeping well
    After reading the quarterly report and the agm how do feel about the current position of nzo
    We all (with notie and balance exceptions value your wisdom)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Digger,
    Trust you are keeping well
    After reading the quarterly report and the agm how do feel about the current position of nzo
    We all (with notie and balance exceptions value your wisdom)
    Hi Fish.
    Just yesterday I was reading[ now gone] on Bloomberg that only 5 of 72 oil companies were cash flow positive. NZOG only made a full year loss because of a reserve right down from falling oil prices. NZOG is one of the very few world oil companies that are still cash flow positive. To me that says it all and eventually that fact will dominate all other considerations. When you just compare NZOG with all oil companies it is doing very well. Also think that just now the management is showing top leadership by holding off the buyback and also holding off further acquisitions. The time will come when distressed oil assets will be forced on the market and that is when I hope we make our move. Lots of world oil companies have been able to struggle on up to now as they wisely[in hindsight] had forward cover. It is just this month that I see about 80% of these companies that have enjoyed this forward cover will just now have to face the new world oil reality. About half of the shale oil was not cash flow positive when oil was $100 so now the sh-t is really starting to hit the fan.
    The oil world is going to look vastly different in just a years time to what it looks like now.
    I am not in favor of any drilling but want the drilling on Wall street as the saying goes.
    Cheers all and hang in there.
    digger

IMO

Appreciate your dot joining digger.Great for NZO to be able to zig when most other oilers are zagging. cheers JT