sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Which as far as I'm concerned, they can't... all the talk around acquisitions when the fuel price was low in late 2008/early 2009 and they sat on their hands and did nothing. So I would rather have some dividend (ie payback) than see them sit on a pile of cash and ultimately talk talk talk, but do nothing (or even worse, continue to buy back shares and do "capital returns")

Interesting TJ,

soooo the recent result from cue showing a 40% lift in production revenue yoy hasn't restored any of your confidence?

I'm of the opinion the recent cue purchase has been pretty well done, yes a premium has been paid and timing could have been six-twelve months better.

Its a hard one to judge, no one knows how long downward pressure on oil prices will last, spend too much cash now and suffer the consequences later.

C/J
    Personally would see it a 50/50 call.

However, and yes i know am going to the fringe here, but lets just consider the not entire too far fetched scenario of a Gov. assisted euphemistically called hypothetical HAIR-CUT. Cyprus & Greece spring to mind.
    BTW: more in the pipe-line in the present W/wide accelerating financial & economic slide.

Would it not be better to copy the mercenary example of NZOs manag.==[ continuing feathering their nests and la-de-daing along ]
    and have our eggs also in more than one Basket.

So this kid here, leaning more in favor of staff reductions and at least some dividends.
    Last edited by fabs; 27-02-2016 at 09:53 AM.
    F.A.BUCHLER

Zeta now controls this company.

Understand their goals and their motivations and you will have your answers regarding what NZO will do with its earnings (if any) and cash (there's plenty).

I feel sorry for long time shareholders who could never really understood or understood the motivations of the controlling shareholders over the decades.

If you believe oil is going to go back up, there are plenty of well run oil companies out there which can be invested in. Or you can simply invest in oil without the investment risk of mismanagement of your hard earned capital.

And in case you think oil is going to go back to US$100 per barrel :

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...e-electric-car

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-ev-oil-crisis/

Is that why Saudi Arabia is pumping out as much as it can? Oil in the ground used to have ever rising value as demand rises and supply dwindles. The lesson of the oil price crash of 2015/16 is that it is not necessarily the case.

Meanwhile, the only thing that keeps countries like Saudi Arabia afloat is oil is oil revenue.

Venezuela provides an excellent example of how an oil rich country can go broke.

NZOG? A small little minnow with a track record of gross mismanagement and a company with no ethics, morality or guiding principles.

Banned

I have a few of these. Perhaps hoping or reasonably confident that there will be a rise in the value of oil in the future. But not quite sure enough to commit to buying a lot more. The company is probably in a similar position as to the reserves of cash they are holding. While they are in the business, the value of oil is dictated by other bigger players and external factors. So they just need to sit on the fence as well. Who would have thought. In the 70's we all thought oil would run out by 1995. Then peak oil was the catchphrase. Now we have so much, cant get rid of it. Maybe shortsighted but I will lose confidence in oil when I get an electric vehicle. Not happening soon. Could be wrong but genesis may change huntly from coal to fuel burning and genesis and nzo have some very common ownerships. Heres hoping anyway. Have way too many genesis as well. Seems all my oil is in the same barrell.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    lol one of the last days, if not that last day they are legally allowed to report (60 days isn't it?)

Wouldn't it be nice if they gave us all a much deserved dividend present... Forsyth believes they have the imputation (100%) to do it..
    I'm picking a divvy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I'm picking a divvy
    Soething was said by management at the last meeting, something to the effect the company will pay out the cash to shareholders, but the shareholders must be willing to stump up with cash when the time comes and the company needs it. Maybe a dividend of some sort. Long time coming though.

Guru

$96.5m in cash at the end of the last quarter, so a little over 28 cps, so have it there. If not going to buy something worthwhile, then give it back to shareholders....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    $96.5m in cash at the end of the last quarter, so a little over 28 cps, so have it there. If not going to buy something worthwhile, then give it back to shareholders....
    I can see share buyback. Dividend will be counter to Zeta's strategy of creeping up its shareholding.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I can see share buyback. Dividend will be counter to Zeta's strategy of creeping up its shareholding.
    Balance - what do you think zetas end game is?