sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPagani View Post
    Late this week.
    Dear John
    this morning nzo quarterly includes holding $125 million cash.
    A substantial treasure chest before we mention all the other assets including its valuable employees.
    What is the cash value per share?
    I like the concept of looking for gas rather than oil as easier to extract and transport-is the board looking at going back to the old name of NZOG?

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Dear John
    A substantial treasure chest before we mention all the other assets including its valuable employees.
    I like the concept of looking for gas rather than oil as easier to extract and transport-is the board looking at going back to the old name of NZOG?
    About 160 million shares on issue gives you cash backing of 0.78 cents but discounted for some reason which I can't recall.

167,848,718 shares

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    About 160 million shares on issue gives you cash backing of 0.78 cents but discounted for some reason which I can't recall.
    Thanks.
    When the sp is so much below the cash in bank value I just love to hear reassurance so I keep holding until the cash Galleon comes in-might bring a Galleon of gas as well-we know its there!

the cash flow statement was a bit unnerving until one recognises there was a one off -$9.8m hit from Cue to resolve some outstanding litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Dear John
    Hi, sorry only just saw this message.

There are 159,428,718 NZO ordinary shares on issue.
    https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/NZO

(Note there are also some partly-paid shares, as discussed above (!). (A total of 8,420,000, as broken down here: https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/261953.pdf ).

The cash balance includes cash held by Cue, and also cash that will be required to complete the acquisition of 4% of Kupe ($35m less adjustment for the effective date of 1 Jan 17).

Hope that helps.

- Not sure what you mean by going back to the old name? We're happy with the one we have.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPagani View Post
    Hi, sorry only just saw this message.

There are 159,428,718 NZO ordinary shares on issue.
    https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/NZO

(Note there are also some partly-paid shares, as discussed above (!). (A total of 8,420,000, as broken down here: https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/261953.pdf ).

The cash balance includes cash held by Cue, and also cash that will be required to complete the acquisition of 4% of Kupe ($35m less adjustment for the effective date of 1 Jan 17).

Hope that helps.

- Not sure what you mean by going back to the old name? We're happy with the one we have.
    Thanks John for helping me to find out the correct information. I dont believe most of the partly-paid shares will be converted to shares as the exercise price would be well above the sp.Those that maybe exercised will require payment only just below the current sp therefore I regard them as a non-issue and its fair to say that there are approximately 160 million equivalent shares if one is considering the NTA of a NZO share(use to be NZOG)

fish - are you thinking about the previous NZX trading code of NOG?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    fish - are you thinking about the previous NZX trading code of NOG?
    Thanks for clarifying my memory.
    My recollection-which could be inaccurate-is that the company got rid of the G because they wanted to make the distinction that they were in the oil business and not gas.Hence they changed the trading code
    Now oil is less valuable and gas easier to extract they have changed focus to gas.
    The company name didnt change

Zeta offering 0.72