sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Maybe saves a lot of S/H dollars in fees this way?
    well yeh sure, I would of course expect that the second one would cost a lot less than the first from the same people - change a few words here and there and bingo.

But it just seems like an ideal opportunity to obtain a truly independent second view which may add something new to the perspective. Otherwise its just ticking a box on the takeover process (which may be all their intention is )
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    well yeh sure, I would of course expect that the second one would cost a lot less than the first from the same people - change a few words here and there and bingo.

But it just seems like an ideal opportunity to obtain a truly independent second view which may add something new to the perspective. Otherwise its just ticking a box on the takeover process (which may be all their intention is )
    Yes, I do get your points, but I cannot see Duncan et al on the board being passive about the new takeover. So maybe just maybe they are trying to save money? I guess its so close to each other that there is nothing really new to be able to come out? I mean the whole of NZO is pretty transparent now. Even I could come up with a reasonable valuation. I think I may just take some of the 77 and let the rest ride.

I also am unsure if the T.O. offers are + or - the dividend. Maybe it's hidden in the documents somewhere.

I suppose a fair assumption would be that the T.O. offer is always at 77c (or 72c) and if you own them on 24 October, you get the dividend and if you sell before then, you don't . Doesn't that make a case for holding till 24th, getting the dividend and then selling (if you want to sell)?? (Just a question - no advice intended)

Another question - why have Zeta extended the term of their offer - while there is a better offer on the table? Another assumption too - that doesn't seem to make sense unless they plan to increase their offer amount.

NZO price is slowly rising, as is the price of oil. I'm with you, digger - waiting.

Guru

It's 77 cents minus any dividend. So if a dividend is paid (say the 4 cent one) then they give you 77-4 = 73 cents for your shares.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    I also am unsure if the T.O. offers are + or - the dividend. Maybe it's hidden in the documents somewhere.

I suppose a fair assumption would be that the T.O. offer is always at 77c (or 72c) and if you own them on 24 October, you get the dividend and if you sell before then, you don't . Doesn't that make a case for holding till 24th, getting the dividend and then selling (if you want to sell)?? (Just a question - no advice intended)

Another question - why have Zeta extended the term of their offer - while there is a better offer on the table? Another assumption too - that doesn't seem to make sense unless they plan to increase their offer amount.

NZO price is slowly rising, as is the price of oil. I'm with you, digger - waiting.
    Zeta cannot lose by extending the offer.I doubt if many will sell into it at the current price but some less informed investors may.
    They can always sell them into the higher offer or hold and see if they can hold ,go along for the ride,maybe extract a higher price in the future.Maybe they will make a higher offer.
    I wish I knew their plans.Time will tell.
    As digger says -wait

Thanks blackcap & fish

If Zeta pull out now are they not liable for the NZO's costs,Also you guys would know better than me but why are OG or Zeta buying on market?

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/opinio...ion-talks.html

Excerpt : "the deal was they dropped the prosecution and the mine company coughed up a few million dollars in compensation - blood money, as many of the families saw it - and they want justice, not cash".

NZOG directors and management in court will be a welcome sight to all who seek the truth as to why NZOG kept up the misleading information about the development state of the mine while pumping in hundreds of millions of dollars to build the 'bomb' which cost 29 men their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/opinio...ion-talks.html

NZOG directors and management in court will be a welcome sight to all who seek the truth as to why NZOG kept up the misleading information about the development state of the mine while pumping in hundreds of millions of dollars to build the 'bomb' which cost 29 men their lives.
    Balance, the link does not work and I cannot find an article in the "Opinion" site? Not sure why you keep saying NZOG directors as it was PRC directors who would be liable and paid the compensation $$$?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    Balance, the link does not work and I cannot find an article in the "Opinion" site? Not sure why you keep saying NZOG directors as it was PRC directors who would be liable and paid the compensation $$$?
    I think Balance is trying to throw as much mud around as possible-he posted/resurrected the prc site and posted on this as well.
    Life is unfair and bad things happen.
    But it is wrong to do this kind of thing and perpetuate peoples grief