sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I think Balance is trying to throw as much mud around as possible-he posted/resurrected the prc site and posted on this as well.
    Life is unfair and bad things happen.
    But it is wrong to do this kind of thing and perpetuate peoples grief
    Some parts of life are unfair. But some parts are subject to pure negligence. Pike River is one such example.

The person that should be chased is NZOG Director Tony Radford. He also ended up CEO of Pike River. He was the one making the decisions prior to the explosion. Next in the firing line should be Gordon Ward followed closely by John Dow. Stuart Natrass ought not avoid some scrutiny. All names to be fearful of if you ever see them on any prospectus. Peter Withall is going to be the scape goat - that said he still is culpable as he had residual responsibilities.

This is not about perpetuating grief. It is simply about holding someone to account for one of the worst avoidable industrial disasters in NZ history. It is also about one of the worst destructions of shareholder value we have ever seen. None of us should give up on this until the very last stone has been turned.

Given NZOG's current financial reserves is there any moral imperative that they pay the $1.4m still outstanding to Pike employees?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Some parts of life are unfair. But some parts are subject to pure negligence. Pike River is one such example.

The person that should be chased is NZOG Director Tony Radford. He also ended up CEO of Pike River. He was the one making the decisions prior to the explosion. Next in the firing line should be Gordon Ward followed closely by John Dow. Stuart Natrass ought not avoid some scrutiny. All names to be fearful of if you ever see them on any prospectus. Peter Withall is going to be the scape goat - that said he still is culpable as he had residual responsibilities.

This is not about perpetuating grief. It is simply about holding someone to account for one of the worst avoidable industrial disasters in NZ history. It is also about one of the worst destructions of shareholder value we have ever seen. None of us should give up on this until the very last stone has been turned.
    I know and agree minimoke.
    Those really involved will escape justice-its the way are legal and company systems work.I wish natural justice took place and I blame the same people as you.
    Nothing is going to change and no amount of money will help the grieving.It is false hope that those responsible will face any significant scrutiny or repercussions

Really looking forward to receiving the OG takeover documents so that I can get rid of this dog of a stock..... anyday now.... hopfully....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    Really looking forward to receiving the OG takeover documents so that I can get rid of this dog of a stock..... anyday now.... hopfully....
    sucker,that is what Zeta wants you to think. If it was such a dog why do you suppose Zeta and OG want it.
    My best advise is ride this one out.
    digger

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    sucker,that is what Zeta wants you to think. If it was such a dog why do you suppose Zeta and OG want it.
    My best advise is ride this one out.
    That is sorta my way of thinking too. I am going to take half off the table at 77 and let the rest ride.

This dog has actually been quite good to me. In at 0.45. No complaining coming from this corner!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That is sorta my way of thinking too. I am going to take half off the table at 77 and let the rest ride.
    I bet you and digger would be good at Poker!
    The problem I see with this game(and poker) is it creates stress for those that never wanted to play.
    We need guidance from the likes of you and Digger.
    We have to wait for the next move yet a few have sold to Zeta already and it looks as if they have over 30%.
    The OG offer is clearly supported by management and directors.
    It will probably be conditional on them acheiving 50%-ie they need another 45% of shares.
    I would like the og offer to succeed as this stops the game for Zeta.
    If we all take 50% of the table og dont succeed unless Zeta sells into the offer

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I would like the og offer to succeed as this stops the game for Zeta.
    If we all take 50% of the table og dont succeed unless Zeta sells into the offer
    Even if the OG offer does not succeed, that does not mean the game starts for Zeta. Zeta would not succeed either or would have to up their game. Either way I'm going to take half off at 77 and let the rest run with OG. If they do not get their % they want the SP will probably drop back to 65 or thereabouts (unless Zeta decides to pay more) and I will buy back my half sold at 77. I think Zeta wants to rationalise NZO with CUE and that is probably not a bad thing, there is so much wastage at head office at the present time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Even if the OG offer does not succeed, that does not mean the game starts for Zeta. Zeta would not succeed either or would have to up their game. Either way I'm going to take half off at 77 and let the rest run with OG. If they do not get their % they want the SP will probably drop back to 65 or thereabouts (unless Zeta decides to pay more) and I will buy back my half sold at 77. I think Zeta wants to rationalise NZO with CUE and that is probably not a bad thing, there is so much wastage at head office at the present time.
    I might have it wrong but my impression is that the OG offer is going to be conditional on getting 50%-ie if they dont get 50% no shares are bought.