sharetrader

[QUOTE=peat;690515]

Yes these takeover situations seem a bit unfair on the holders who accept in that you relinquish authority and yet have no bucks in the bank.

Maybe they only want to give Share Holders more time to wake-up???
    Just a Micky - Mouse form of a t/over really imho.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I thought they wanted 50%? Help.

Anyone else going to the meeting tomorrow?
    I think the offer goes unconditional when they get to 50.1%
    They don't want more than 70%

Yep, I'm planning to go to the meeting.

Also, like you, I've filled in my acceptance form but won't post it till early December.
    Last edited by Lion; 29-10-2017 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added last line

Advanced Member

Bugger them. Join me and wait for a fair offer
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Bugger them. Join me and wait for a fair offer
    I already made the decision a while ago and will be holding my lot.

Given the competition to control NZOG and the future prospects of Barque in particular (of which I have conducted considerable research in) I cannot see the downside in waiting, apart from a short term smallish chance of a temporary share drop which will simply give me the opportunity to buy more.

There are currently too many unknowns, some of which are raised on this thread, surrounding the takeovers.

The fundamental value of the shares is undoubtably higher than the that on offer so far.

DYOR folks. I will be waiting and watching.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    I already made the decision a while ago and will be holding my lot.

Given the competition to control NZOG and the future prospects of Barque in particular (of which I have conducted considerable research in) I cannot see the downside in waiting, apart from a short term smallish chance of a temporary share drop which will simply give me the opportunity to buy more.

There are currently too many unknowns, some of which are raised on this thread, surrounding the takeovers.

The fundamental value of the shares is undoubtably higher than the that on offer so far.

DYOR folks. I will be waiting and watching.
    It would be great if you could help by providing a summary of the research you have done into Barque as my understanding is that it has already been shown to contain hydrocarbons from drilling around 40 years ago and a lot of research has gone on since.

Thanks

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    WELL, WELL ?????

And what has that overstaffed & over remunerated MANAGEMENT of NZOG done all this time????

No wonder they are keen to sell and get out to avoid to be outed when the dollars will start to flow into others Pockets further down the track?????

About this time last year they said farm-out was being negotiated, would be interesting to know with

WHOM????

Why would anyone want to sell their shares, when today the news was all about the potential for billions of gas being exploited on NZOG land?
    Why would the independent directors recommend that we sell our shares and accept the takeover bid for 78c, surely then we are not going to reap the reward of the gas field,.
    This is all very strange.
    can someone explain.
    I own about $2500 worth, so its not like I am going to retire on this, but it just seems really odd for the independent directors to tell me to accept the offer.

What's the chance of the current government allowing them to drill anyway? Remember the greens are in there now.