sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Given your pessimism for the drilling prospects, is it safe to say that you sold any shares you had into the OGOG offer? And have not bought back in since?
    Yes and yes.

I am willing to buy back in if the exploration prospects improve, but at the moment I believe it is less risky to sit on the sidelines.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 27-02-2018 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Removed duplicated words.
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Yes and yes.

I am willing to buy back in if the exploration prospects improve, but at the moment I believe it is less risky to sit on the sidelines.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Well, then I guess you have nothing to worry about. If the company is going to Hell in a hand basket - as you imply - then you will be unaffected.

The more you shout it out, the more you pound it in.

I reiterate what I said in a previous post. NZO should send all their cash offshore, buy large integrated oil companies and wait for the dividends to roll in along with capital appreciation.

It's not until the gas stoves in NZ go out will people realize that there is no living without fossil fuels. Solar panels are wonderful until you try running power tools or anything larger than a toaster. The "Birkenstock Wearers" are determined to stop any exploration in NZ and I believe that the Govt will listen to them and make it next to impossible to drill for oil and gas anywhere in NZ.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opi...ng-uncertainty

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmariner View Post
    I reiterate what I said in a previous post. NZO should send all their cash offshore, buy large integrated oil companies and wait for the dividends to roll in along with capital appreciation.

It's not until the gas stoves in NZ go out will people realize that there is no living without fossil fuels. Solar panels are wonderful until you try running power tools or anything larger than a toaster. The "Birkenstock Wearers" are determined to stop any exploration in NZ and I believe that the Govt will listen to them and make it next to impossible to drill for oil and gas anywhere in NZ.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opi...ng-uncertainty
    Hi flyingmariner,
    Was in and out of NZOG/NZO/PPP etc from 1988 until last year - never did any good - still have souvenir bottle of Kupe light crude from company . I saw Barque in its original form - pipe dream with good management returns only in my opinion.
    Better options exist for exploring on the NZX - PPH , SKO , ERD - I currently hold shares in all 3.
    Good luck with your optimism - mine cost me plenty - including PRC !.
    Regards
    -dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Hi flyingmariner,
    Was in and out of NZOG/NZO/PPP etc from 1988 until last year - never did any good - still have souvenir bottle of Kupe light crude from company . I saw Barque in its original form - pipe dream with good management returns only in my opinion.
    Better options exist for exploring on the NZX - PPH , SKO , ERD - I currently hold shares in all 3.
    Good luck with your optimism - mine cost me plenty - including PRC !.
    Regards
    -dodgy
    G'day Dodgy,

I suspect you might be right on better opportunities elsewhere. Maybe should have taken the 74 cent offer but I've stuck with NZO thinking that one day they just might strike oil in spite of all the senseless places they ended up drilling but for now its dead money unless oil goes to 80 dollars.
    Now with the Trump factor re: trade tariffs there will be some screaming bargains outside of oil shares in the next few weeks I'm sure.

Well said, as the gov't is keen to exit all fossil fuels I think the time is ripe for nzo and all other oil companies to hand back all oil and gas permit's and exit nz. There are plenty of other countries who would welcome them. It would be interesting to see what would develop from that. once they are gone it might take a massive job to get them back. I say the time is now for them to stand up and make a stand, then would we see thing's get really interesting. jumbo

Drill and thrill is back for NOG'ers

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/316503

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Yeah thinking of getting in again round the 61 mark after exiting at 74. Seems like a no brainer, especially when NTA is at 81 odd cents as well.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Not any more.
    I move we sell all assets, return the funds to shareholders and dissolve the company.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    Not any more.
    I move we sell all assets, return the funds to shareholders and dissolve the company.
    Check the announcement from NZO. No need to worry, existing permits are fine, and they can always go offshore... (ie Indonesia and Australia) Anyway I do not think OFER are going to dissolve the company for what its worth.