sharetrader

My 55,000 have also just said No...

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    ..... But I think OGOG making comments about this being the last Annual Report (as though they are extremely confident of getting their low offer through...) is incredibly premature.
    I would say incredibly arrogant.

Have voted NO as has my ol' mate

Our paltry holding has just voted NO to the scheme as well. Even if they came back with a much higher offer now (say $1.00+ per share for example) we would rather remain as shareholders and see Ironbark through to a hopefully successful conclusion.

IMO

I havnt received voting forms atpit, can one do it online , any links ,thanks.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I havnt received voting forms atpit, can one do it online , any links ,thanks.
    https://www.computershare.com/nz

If I recall right I went into messages and there were a few companies I voted for including NZO.
    Top right.
    Last edited by RTM; 11-09-2019 at 08:45 PM.

I don't often vote, but our paltry 30k holding just voted against.

Guru

I would against (with my embarrassingly small holding).

Every little helps, right??

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I would against (with my embarrassingly small holding).

Every little helps, right??
    Absolutely.
    To neutralise your vote ogog needs 3 times as many

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Absolutely.
    To neutralise your vote ogog needs 3 times as many
    Great way of looking at it fish, and I agree - every single vote counts.

I wish I could share more - but we are closer than you guys probably realise. In fact, depending on voter turnout we may have already defeated this offer.

So if you know of any other friends and family with shares (regardless of how big or small) that usually don't vote - strongly encourage them to participate in this one.

Well that’s encouraging, mistaTea, although we mustn’t count chickens before they are hatched.
    This is like a David & Goliath story, and I’m afraid the company have now made themselves into some kind of adversary of minority shareholders by their actions. Trust lost is difficult to regain.

So, what’s next? Does anyone here know the details of the takeover law in this situation? Can the Co make an increased offer? I had a feeling they had to wait before being allowed to do so. Time would be on our side there, as Ironbark drilling gets closer.

Our Independent Chair, Rosalind Archer, says in the recent report that exposure to Ironbark is available to investors by buying CUE. Fair enough. I did so, some time ago, and (not meaning to skite here) they have gone up by over 60% since I did. Then I thought what if OGOG want to take out CUE too? So the remaining partner in Ironbark (apart from BP) is Beach Energy and a month ago I made a modest investment in them too. They are too big to be bought out, even by OGOG, you’d think, although other big Aussie oilers are rumoured to be sniffing around. I wish now I had bought more, as they have gone up 32% in the month since I bought. (Still not meaning to skite – I’ve had my share of dogs in Aussie oilers, I can tell you!) But on the Hot Copper BPT chatsite, Ironbark is rarely mentioned. BPT has a market cap of around $4b, but a success at Ironbark would still be significant to them.

But retaining my NZO shares through to drilling is what I really want.