sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by ordop View Post
    Hey ripping- spent a lot of time in the wairarapa? - i may know you. Will the old thread be available for viewing only since it was 1090 pages long - do you know?
    Unlikely you know me, spent very little time in the Wairarapa - I did think my post count was in the mid thirties (! wooo !) - in fact I guarantee it. Because of this, I think the entire previous thread has been deleted, along with the posts associated with it - dropping me back to single figures at the time this thread started.
    My guess is, that along with the new SOA offer, OGOG sent a 'please remove thread' mail to sharetrader, as some of the posts could 'perhaps' be considered defamatory to certain individuals, and legal action may follow if not removed. This of course ties in well with the new SOA offer as statements and posts that are negative to OGOG's preferred outcome (and lets face it, the vast majority were) would be removed.

edit: A quick forum search shows that the 'big players' in the thread are either still active or have not been deleted.
    Last edited by Ripping; 08-10-2019 at 12:59 PM.

The approachable Admin Guy

NZO thread is 'parked' for a short period.

No conspiracy theory or censorship, - just a short toxic cleanse.

Vince

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    NZO thread is 'parked' for a short period.

No conspiracy theory or censorship, - just a short toxic cleanse.

Vince
    Thank you. Appreciate the update.

Advanced Member

So are will still allowed to say anything against NZO.

If so here is my take of the increased offer. Firstly I knew this was going to happen. Make a pitiful move then increase it to look good. Still miles too low. The one good thing about it is if going by what they say its supposed to be the last offer. That would be great if you can believe anything these people say. So defeat this one and we get to hold for the Ironbank drill. Naturally if this small increase also fails they can come back with an old fashion takeover and accumulate that way. Eventually then using the takeover rules to acquire the last 10%. Doing so would not be against no further offer increases as that in fact legally speaking refers to SOA not normal takeover.

My only reqret with the last 62 cent offer was calling it lowball. It was too anaemic to qualify for lowball. This 74 cent one is half way between anaemic and lowball.
    digger

Turned out I wasn't so clever selling @ 62 then

Indeed weird.
    1) lets wait and see why this 'toxic cleanse'
    2) upping the offer shows they were (and still are) trying to rip us off. If 62 was a fair price for this worthless company, why now offer more? Which fair and 'independent' director got it so wrong? Makes me more determined to reject this offer too.
    3) still no word from the major contributors to the original thread? Would like to see a sign of life. Taken in a coup?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Indeed weird.
    1) lets wait and see why this 'toxic cleanse'
    Not sure you will see it now Bart. It will have been sanitized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripping View Post
    Unlikely you know me, spent very little time in the Wairarapa - I did think my post count was in the mid thirties (! wooo !) - in fact I guarantee it. Because of this, I think the entire previous thread has been deleted....
    You are correct Ripping.

My post count has gone from an easy-to remember-899 now down to 869.... + 1 for this post = 870 (at the time of sending this).

If you look under 'Community' up the top and then choose Members List from the drop down menu you will see:
    1) Fish is gone.
    2) JohnPagani's post count is 0.

Purely due to random timing on ShareTrader this morning, I saw some NZO posts and am aware of what happened to trigger the parking of the historic NZO thread, but won't be posting or PM'ing anyone on ST about it.. suffice to say the reasons for it happening (in my view, and especially given I don't have all the facts) are somewhat understandable and for the benefit of all contributors (including myself) am happy to leave things be.

Regarding those in control of this forum, I appreciate this new NZO thread has been allowed to commence up until if/when the old one is back, presumably upon the final outcome of the SoA and anything that may follow it if the increased OGOG offer is also rejected.

Regarding the increased offer, my vote will remain a NO, but I will double-check with the registry that no action on my part means my No vote remains.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Regarding the increased offer, my vote will remain a NO, but I will double-check with the registry that no action on my part means my No vote remains.
    Would be good if you could confirm this when you know Vaygor.
    Thanks, RTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    The 'Scheme Booklet Supplement' that was released today following the announcement of the raised offer, states:

"If you have already cast a vote or appointed a proxy and do not want to change it, then there is no need to do anything - your vote is still valid and will count."

And another quote from said booklet:

"Your Independent Directors unanimously recommend that you vote in favour of the Scheme, in the absence of a Superior Proposal."

riiighhhtt ..... Didn't they say that last time ? I will check my 'no' vote remains by going to computershare again...