sharetrader
Page 1783 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 7831283168317331773177917801781178217831784178517861787 ... LastLast
Results 17,821 to 17,830 of 17911
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    That's utter rubbish .. was a brilliant announcement today complete change of tack from CUE after how many years? of S/Hs wanting action to address the YoY SP stagnation ...
    And even NZO mgmt couldn't but join the happy change and pass on CUEs funds to all NZO S/Hs...

How could I be Negative on what I seen as the smartest play by mgmt ?? go read the old CUE thread in black n white
    I too think it is a nice bit of good news for NZO shareholders that they are getting a dividend.

But let’s not get carried away - it’s AU 3cents per share and will be fully taxed in NZ. So you will get AU 2 cents.

That’s still better than a kick in the arse but no call (yet) to say things are going to be amazing for NZO from here on out. HALLELUJAH.

I wish everyone who still owns the stock well, but urge caution as this company has a checkered past.

Even after the bump the SP is 10 cents lower than when I sold 3 years ago.

Very good result for any newcomers who bought a bunch of shares starting with a 3, but a long way to go for long term shareholders who bought in with a much higher average price.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I too think it is a nice bit of good news for NZO shareholders that they are getting a dividend.

But let’s not get carried away - it’s AU 3cents per share and will be fully taxed in NZ. So you will get AU 2 cents.

That’s still better than a kick in the arse but no call (yet) to say things are going to be amazing for NZO from here on out. HALLELUJAH.

I wish everyone who still owns the stock well, but urge caution as this company has a checkered past.

Even after the bump the SP is 10 cents lower than when I sold 3 years ago.

Very good result for any newcomers who bought a bunch of shares starting with a 3, but a long way to go for long term shareholders who bought in with a much higher average price.
    You are spot on. You only get 2 cents, and the stupid thing is that NZO give that other 1c to the IRD.

Actually its bad capital management and I am sure the NZSA will call them out on it.

NZO are effectively giving the IRD a few million for nothing. (with the proviso that I am not sure how the dividend to OG works, in that there may not be payments to IRD. But for NZ tax residents there will be)
    Last edited by blackcap; 01-03-2024 at 07:46 AM.

At Aussie 2 cents that's approx a 6 percent interim dividend. With a new dividend policy in place and good looking financial outlook then we can all look forward to a year end dividend and many more to come.

Too many people look backwards in life.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    CUE spent 38 months going sideways .. moving into an energy yield play fixed this FINALLY !!!

Exactly as I hoped and put across to CUE MD Matt Boyd when he asked the question of what I was hoping to see from CUE going forward as a major S/H at the time.... ENERGY YEILD PLAY !!!! FFS!! up 50% today with prob more to come ..
    Yes all good. I did understand your point about locked capital. But that's all history now!

Let's see how NZO plays out over the next few weeks on the market.. The Aussies are always more onto it. Kiwis take a while to warm up.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    At Aussie 2 cents that's approx a 6 percent interim dividend. With a new dividend policy in place and good looking financial outlook then we can all look forward to a year end dividend and many more to come.

Too many people look backwards in life.
    Your ‘high yield’ remarks are just a reflection on how low the SP is, not how amazing the dividend is.

2c is a very low yield to the majority of shareholders who bought in much higher than what the SP has been (including OGOG who bought in at 74c).

Advanced Member

Your ‘high yield’ remarks are just a reflection on how low the SP is, not how amazing the dividend is.

2c is a very low yield to the majority of shareholders who bought in much higher than what the SP has been (including OGOG who bought in at 74c).
    Let’s not quibble about the dividend .
    1 cent tax is trivial compared to the big picture in yesterdays 1/2 year report .
    Earnings increasing all the time-and long-term contracts at much higher than historic prices will ensure this continues for years .
    New assets will see this likely continue for decades.
    You have repeatedly stated the board will ignore minority shareholders.
    This proves you wrong .
    Andrew Jefferies has been the absolute best and will continue to find the right investments and grow NZo.
    The board now has a policy to review if they are in a position to reward shareholders for their confidence and support every 6 months .
    This dividend is minor compared to the rising share price.
    I believe it’s more likely than not that the sp will be over 70 cents in 15 months .

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Let’s not quibble about the dividend .
    1 cent tax is trivial compared to the big picture in yesterdays 1/2 year report .
    Earnings increasing all the time-and long-term contracts at much higher than historic prices will ensure this continues for years .
    New assets will see this likely continue for decades.
    You have repeatedly stated the board will ignore minority shareholders.
    This proves you wrong .
    Andrew Jefferies has been the absolute best and will continue to find the right investments and grow NZo.
    The board now has a policy to review if they are in a position to reward shareholders for their confidence and support every 6 months .
    This dividend is minor compared to the rising share price.
    I believe it’s more likely than not that the sp will be over 70 cents in 15 months .
    All good and well, best of luck moving forward.

As I stated in my earlier post - I think NZO forking out a dividend to long suffering shareholders was a nice bit of 'good news'.

But let's not get carried away. All they have done is pass on the CUE dividend. It would be pretty hard for them to justify not to.

Ultimately, OGOG will prioritise their own interests over miniroty shareholders. That is just a fact of human nature.

Enjoy your divvy, fingers crossed they can keep up the payments (and even increase them over time).

But I would just suggest cautious optimism here. The 2c (after tax) divvy is nice but certainly no cause to start some happy-clappy hymm singing.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 01-03-2024 at 09:35 AM. Reason: typo fix

All good and well, best of luck moving forward.

As I stated in my earlier post - I think NZO forking out a dividend to long suffering shareholders was a nice bit of 'good news'.

But let's not get carried away. All they have done is pass on the CUE dividend. It would be pretty hard for them to justify not to.

Ultimately, OGOG will prioritise their own interests over miniroty shareholders. That is just a fact of human nature.

Enjoy your divvy, fingers crossed they can keep up the payments (and even increase them over time).

But I would just suggest cautious optimism here. The 2c (after tax) divvy is nice but certainly no cause to start some happy-clappy hymm singing.
    MistaTea. Are you a holder of either CUE or NZO stocks?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    MistaTea. Are you a holder of either CUE or NZO stocks?
    That is a negative.

The constant seller who has been dumping into the 36s recently should make the market and put some decent volume up for sale.

You know you want too.

Unless they have decided that all is forgiven