sharetrader
Page 2 of 1788 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast

I know the joy of forums is a good debate, and the two of you feast off each other in this regard, but I think it's a bit much?

I think debasing a share is as (if not more) important than ramping it up. That being said I don't think that requires finger-pointing or names.

Dunc, why can't you bash NZO without pointing to your perceived failure of another? Similarly, Mick why aren't you content with your perceived successes to date with NZO without picking at Dunc's shortcomings?

Not trying to stifle or mediate... just thinking aloud. I think people will be more likely to take your thoughts and opinions to heart if you depersonalize them.

J5

Advanced Member

JONNY5, Mick picking on me will highlight my shortcomings which might save you from making a similar mistake in the future. Likewise i bring his shortcomings to the fore. We both give the occasional poke in the ribs to see if the other ts awake. I LUV THE GUY LIKE AN IDIOT BROTHER we both enjoy the banter sit back and relax he cant even spell MACDUNK so be gentle with him. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Jonny5
    Yes I agree we should keep this thread constructive. Otherwise we should go over to Hotcopper.

Now that Tui is pumping and the excitement of the drills has passed, I would expect this thread on NZO to get a lot quieter.

Tui is pumping well and Kupe and Pike are getting nearer each day. Gradually NZO will climb especially at today's oil and coal prices and exchange rates.

And hopefully there will be good news at Kupe and perhaps another Tui upward rerating that was alluded to by David Salisbury....and then of course there was talk of a dividend.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post

Not trying to stifle or mediate... just thinking aloud. I think people will be more likely to take your thoughts and opinions to heart if you depersonalize them.

J5
    I think the reason macduck keeps bombarding us with his bullsh!t posts on this NZO thread is because his investment into NZO was a disaster. He's simply knocking the company because he lost quite a substancial amount of money on it . The reason why macduck lost money on NZO has nothing to do with the company and everything to do with his horribly flawed, short sighted approach to investing/speculating.

As long as macduck keeps posting his bullsh!t on this thread I will remind him of his foray into NZO - I think he needs to be reminded ocassionally
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

It was difficult to pick up NZO shares under NZ$1. Not many changed hands but I got a few more. The NZO share price is as usual very soft upwards and the spread increases quickly with any significant volume. Accumulating is difficult even for the very patient. With the NZOOD’s on the horizon to raise NZ$150M and meet all forseeable future project funding requirements, there are no cheap share issues to stuff up the share price advancing.

NZO is accumulating NZ$1M per day at present from Tui and will be for many more months. Three months is 100 days – as one poster on Fixx noted, as I remember – “a junior oiler in full flight is a wonder to behold”. With the speculators out of the way (or trying to get out) now is the time for some share price appreciation and share value realisation.

Put the Taranui drill into perspective. It cost NZO less than a few days Tui revenue. The final Tui project cost AUD330M (according to AWE at the end of August) and will be paid back before the end of September (this month!) and we only have a year or two of Tui production left - without a field extension.

The Tui consortium spent A$330M for potentially A$3,300M in revenues – does investing ever get any better than this? Another Maui perhaps…

It is a little disappointing that the Tui oil field didn’t stretch 15km up to Taranui but the up side to drills closer to TAP is still huge.

We can now fortunately sit back and watch Tui cash accumulate from a very successful project, fantastic oil prices, and a favourable exchange rate. NZO can take some time to consider the clues provided from the current drilling program as to where more of that ‘Naki oil can be found.

Great posts by Johnny5 and Bilo ...... !!!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    Mick The shares are only worth what the market is willing to pay for them.

No wonder us real investors grow rich while the chartists just keep their brokers in work

Unhappy

Agree with Z.....maybe it is time for the rampers (SC included, like it or not my friend your one of the best) and the likes of MacD to find some other stock to either hipe up or beat up in MacD case, constructive fact based comment is the go, HC was mentioned seems some here are well suited for that forum given the amount of BS on this forum.

Advanced Member

I think that anyone that has posted an opposing view on NZO other than the up up and away syndrome, has been treated with lots of personal abuse from the starry eyed brigade. If you read back over the pages to get a ballanced view of where the company has been, and where it is likely to go to, you will see exactly what i mean. Always two sides to every story, i closed the book after the last AGM which was when it dawned on me what i had invested in. I like it when people come out with opposing thoughts on shares that i hold, it makes me consider points that i might have overlooked.
    I dont mind people saying this or that about me, infact it amuses me when they start getting personal. The people that do that sort of thing i really like, because i know that one day their money will sit in my bank account. Getting back to NZO well there you have it, whats it worth?, and where is it going from here, that is all that matters, not your ability to spell macdunk. The options are now just over 10c, i sold at 9c silly me and doubled my money twice. Pass the parcel time coming up guys with those. The heads go sideways should stay about a dollar untill the next move, thats my opinion you think whatever thats what makes a market. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Default Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    No wonder us real investors grow rich while the chartists just keep their brokers in work
    Here is a long-term view of NZO from a chartist's perspective. Using trading-range breakouts to buy and trendline breaks to sell, just 2 trades were triggered over these 7 years. The OBV plot provided excellent confirmation for these signals. (Buy when OBV rises, Sell when OBV stops rising).

This level of activity would do little to keep brokers in work!

Would "real investors" (presumably with a "Buy and Hold" approach) have outperformed with this stock? No. Keep in mind that NZO was going nowhere in trading ranges for 5 years of the 7 shown here! How would a "real investor" grow rich on that?