sharetrader
Page 355 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 2553053453513523533543553563573583593654054558551355 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 17911

My next belief is, at least 1 shark will buy the heads up to around 4 to 5 % and will back up the truck with options.

This is the most interesting time for nzo in its history.

word of caution. dont sell to the big fish

Default sceptic or not?

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    bk: (Brent King?):

I'm glad you took the time and effort to blow holes in those supposed "7 Deadly Myths". That guy just slides over what must surely be the major issue, i.e. "Plenty more oil may be there, in some form or other, somewhere under the earth's skin, but its becoming increasingly a question of the cost and rate of extraction, and development of the technical capability of doing so (e.g. heating bitumen coverings, boring a kilometre through a salt crust, setting up underground refineries, drilling in incredibly deep water, etc., etc.)"
    I used to be a "Peak Oil Sceptic" but no longer. (But I'm still a "Global Warming Sceptic" - I'm not that easily convinced on that particular new religion!)
    no, not Brent King

I am a long term Peak Oil believer - but am not sure whether it will take the form of a long slide or a sharp drop. Humans being the way they are I do not think that we will take steps in time to avoid serious hardship.

I do also believe in Global Warming, or better Global Climate Change, but think that it might take a while before we really start to feel the pain there. Having said that, there are unknown tipping points which could create sudden havoc with the world as we know it, so it is dangerous the way we continue to live beyond our means.

In the light of the above I am studying ways to safeguard my family, and invest in oil and energy related stocks as surely the only way for such commodities is UP

Good to see that PPP started moving again; it was falling behind compared to NZO, but then again does not have Kupe and PRC in its lineage

Advanced Member

In the light of the above I am studying ways to safeguard my family, and invest in oil and energy related stocks as surely the only way for such commodities is UP

BK-Fully agree with above
    I originally bought into nzog-partly as insurance- as I was building an energy efficient house-which included solar water and wetback .

Would appreciate expert feedback on the momoho announcement this morning

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    would appreciate expert feedback on the momoho announcement this morning
    I'm not an expert, but I don't think the announcement is anything that we didn't know. Basically it was just restating its opinion about the potential for the drill clearly and accurately so that shareholders aren't caught up with any speculation or dodgy information about it. But obviously the message is that this could be something very positive: we've known that for a good while.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I don't think the announcement is anything that we didn't know. Basically it was just restating its opinion about the potential for the drill clearly and accurately so that shareholders aren't caught up with any speculation or dodgy information about it. But obviously the message is that this could be something very positive: we've known that for a good while.
    I have no technical knowledge in this area, either, so I have to ask the question: does the expression "P50" mean "at the 50% confidence level" (as in probability theory, gallup polls, etc)? If so, it means very little, e.g. I could say "there is a 50% chance it might rain next week".

Wink petrol increase again today

How long before the multitudes realize 'Jeez' maybe we should buy into N.Z.s major oil producer and turn the pain into gain

Part of today's announcement by NZOG . . . "A recent general release by another JV participant contained information on Momoho and as a consequence of this NZOG believes its internal assessments should be provided to shareholders."

OK, who was the other jv partner who made this statement? Not Origin, Genesis are an SOE (aren't they?) and I can't find any announcement from them. Mitsui are the only other, and they have only a small share - haven't bothered to check them.

And just what did this mysterious announcement say? It must have been something that needed some clarification. I'm curious.

Momoho start late May is about what was expected, wasn't it? A bit strange that the sp dipped a little despite POO rising at the end of last week.
    Last edited by Lion; 12-05-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: double "only"

Guru

Bought more oppies today. Not enough to trade, and plan to convert.

Quote Originally Posted by srowe View Post
    How long before the multitudes realize 'Jeez' maybe we should buy into N.Z.s major oil producer and turn the pain into gain
    In discussion this week with a holder who considered himself overweight in NZO
    How much oil is your family going to use in the next X years.

What about the guys who ship in your groceries?

And your grog?

Then kick in say 5% of your investable funds. Are you sure you are overweight?

Anyone who complains about the price of petrol at the pump is probably underweight in oilers.

Mx

Quote Originally Posted by manxman View Post
    Anyone who complains about the price of petrol at the pump is probably underweight in oilers.

Mx
    Im of the belief that these people don't even realise they can buy oilers.