sharetrader
Page 41 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551911415411041 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    Dr Who. Who is running NZO? I thought DS was unless hes a puppet to TR.

Yeah who is pulling whose strings????

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    Dr Who. Who is running NZO? I thought DS was unless hes a puppet to TR.

Dont need to ask me. The NZO share price tells you who is pulling what strings making what works. LOL. Honestly, I would buy more NZO and RPL if they replace these chimps with a respectable leader. I am only repeating what the people in the market is saying which is reflected in the SP.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onthemoney View Post
    Nothing personal. Revenue is not profit Digger...... Revenue is not earnings either..... You are referring to Price to Sales ratio.
    Yes OTM it seems you are correct and I was using price sales ratio. Frankly i pay no attention to any of these ratios and have long stopped thinking about them.See everything through fundenamentls or market reaction. Market reaction to NZO is in sharp contrast to fundamentals and in the end one will come through. Some many years ago i did read about price sales ratio as being the most indicative of future value as it represented the early signal that things would change. Cheers. Will we see you at the AGM?
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Yes OTM it seems you are correct and I was using price sales ratio. Frankly i pay no attention to any of these ratios and have long stopped thinking about them.See everything through fundenamentls or market reaction. Market reaction to NZO is in sharp contrast to fundamentals and in the end one will come through. Some many years ago i did read about price sales ratio as being the most indicative of future value as it represented the early signal that things would change. Cheers. Will we see you at the AGM?
    Don't know yet about AGM - might not be able to contain myself.... price to sales is still a useful ratio though.....

MackD,
    you continue to bag oil companies that are looking at exploration as a direction for the future...

New Zealand oil and Gas is up 10% or so this year and we got 3 high impact exploration drills at a chance for a much bigger future and they didnot come through.... So NZO still made a return with big potential return which was well worth taking on... at that time it was the type of investment I rated.... im now not so sure for the next period for a few months as we wait for more things to happen, NZO could boom or stay in limbo, we just dont know......one thing is safe and that is the future of this company I highly rate... sort term uncertaintly persists to keep NZO lidded....
    ....Going back to your fetish with oil stocks that explore....
    .... are you suggesting that your AGM's AGS's MCR's shouldnot explore?....ReSoUrCe stocks that you so dearly love have to explore aswell... are you suggesting that its good for your stocks and not good for ours... get real buddy....... Next year will be more of the same with Felix (JV partner required and momoho 2nd quarter drill)... You go on about the options and how they are worthless, the holders should understand the risk, that level of risk caused them to explode 200% after you warned me off them and NZO...... NZO is undervalued, One indicator is the high price for the OD's....
    The OD's are still trading over 11c which looks very pricey, but it is a signal that the shares are undervalued or with some sort of combination of over valued options... NZO trading par at $1 and no volatility in the shares lately which is not what Option holders want... its been trading in the same range for jonks.......

With either Pike in production before expiration date for the Options or a discovery from one of a few exploration wells next year will get them there easily ( 2 exploration wells prior to OD expiry ? and possibly a Felix drill but looking unlikely before option expiry)...Pike will trade around $1.25 just prior to first production I believe... and much much more after...
    ....some serious questions need to be addressed at the AGM... which I will no doubt address if I attend, but im still fence sitting on that...
    im not actually holding any Nzo investments ATM... Theres still life in the options ....Pike derisks further and into produciton, Kupe production wells complete and project more advanced, bonus exploration targets with big upside and less risky than previous drills (namely momoho)...
    20% stake in Felix free carried would go down well, And high end oil prices to throw into the mix.... I dont see much hope for any more oil reserves upgrades...not until project is much further down the track as I believe...
    Market announcement of Tui project paying for itself (breakeven) should go down well, if it comes at all...
    The biggest mistake NZO made this year was to sell its investment in PPP, The exposure NZO had through TUI was decreased and left me feeling 'why would JV sell if project was that great'? .....
    I think it sent a bad signal to the market.... NZO needed to free cash to fund Pikes expenses before the Pike IPO raised cash to pay NZO back.... AWE had its own problems, PPP dropped big time, and NZO pulled back sharp profits that we rode all the way up, and some of us some of the way back down....
    Dividends seem to be a major issue, and its all just rubbish talk...
    focus on the company and then whatever NZO's capital gain or distribution of wealth will not make you any better off depending on which way it happens...
    But IT majorly impacts on Option values
    Mackdadunk, you need to accept that oil companies explore for oil....
    it is the basic function of an oiler... without it then wheres the future?...
    The long term revenues from NZO's 2 projects... and 1 short term big revenue earning will cause NZO to rise alone, and exploration in the mix will always be present to put newZ Oil on a new level...

.^sc
    Last edited by Crypto Crude; 07-10-2007 at 11:51 PM.
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Advanced Member

SHREWD CRUDE, The first thing when investing to accept is that you are an investor only, not someone that passes the bibles about at sunday service. If you fall in love with a sector or company in the market place it shows a great sign of weakness in your ability to be a rational investor. YOU GOTTA WIPE THEM LIKE A DIRTY BOTTOM AND MOVE ON MATE WHEN THEY FOUL UP. We need all sorts of companies in this economy.
    I rubbish the company attitude to investors. MACDUNK

Default Enso rig arrives for Kupe drilling

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4229249a13.html

Enso rig arrives for Kupe drilling
    By JAMES WEIR - The Dominion Post | Monday, 8 October 2007

The gigantic drilling rig for the $1 billion offshore Taranaki Kupe gas field project has arrived, marking the start of the drilling work for three production wells.

The Ensco 107 offshore drilling rig arrived from Singapore yesterday.

It will drill wells into the Kupe reservoir three kilometres below the surface, about 30km off the Taranaki coast. Gas from the Kupe field is expected to flow from the middle of 2009.

Kupe will be big enough to supply about 15 per cent of New Zealand's present total gas demand.

It is just a fraction of the size of the Maui gas field.

Kupe is expected to produce 254 petajoules of natural gas, 1.1 million tonnes of liquid petroleum gas and 14.7 million barrels of light oil (condensate).

Australian company Origin Energy is the project operator and a 50 per cent shareholder in Kupe, with state-owned power company Genesis holding 31 per cent. Origin also owns 51 per cent of Contact Energy.

Origin is presently trying to raise $200 million from New Zealand investors through the issue of preference shares.

The offer closed on Friday, but the company has not yet announced the results.

A large part of the gas from Kupe will go to Genesis.

During the drilling campaign, about 100 workers will live on the rig.

Weighing about 16,000 tonnes, the Ensco 107 stands 157 metres high and is 63m wide. The rig's first job will be to install the wellhead "platform jacket" about 30km off the coast of Hawera.

No mention of the other 15% shareholder !

Advanced Member

SC - how can you attend the AGM without an invite let alone expect to speak?

Wink NZO buy

I find it quite amazing how alot of investors don't rate the materials & resources etc sectors be it- grain,oil or U308 gold etc and of recent been selling out of alot of there shares
    -My portfilo for one which is made up 100% of these sectors hasn't done much at all lately after falling 20% from the sub-prime scare (yet alot of the company's future incomes are growing fast.)

Yet the facts shown in there prices tells us how valuable they are
    -Oil for one at $40bbl people where blown away talking up massive profits for the sector now its $80bbl alot of investor are so ho-hum with classic lines-etc- of the oil companys being risky investments because of there short term assets and your'd be better of investing in solid companys like retail or banks stocks much safer.

-Do these retail investors who buy companys like- JBH -really understand how much JBH relies on Crude oil-Not only from there mostly plastic Items there selling
    -But the buyers who full-up there cars to get there from there wallets where there pay comes from most of there jobs which also relies on crude oil to mantain there incomes.

-Or the banks which have there rates increased by the inflation of Oil which effects nearly everthing.

-NZO has gone from an explorer to a producer yet the market doesn't really take much notice,and more so find reasons why not to invest in these sectors lately
    Last edited by JBmurc; 08-10-2007 at 10:09 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Default Will management have the nuts to release a finacial year forecast at the agm

1/ I would like to see NZO management start talking to the broker community more and in particular the share analysts. I say this not because I rate or like share analysts but purely as a way to redress some of the appalling spin from the NZ media who the company management have misled (Pike especially) for many many years.

2/ NZR freely issue statements saying "our margin is X", A one cent movement in the NZ$ versus US$ means a movement of X for npat. A cent movement in the price of oil = x movement in NPAT.

Transparency is paramount for investor confidence (AKA MErrill's sub-prime exposure) as how else do they feel comfortable in the company statements. Does NZO know the answers to the questions in 2/ above? I assume not or the research reports would contain them. Maybe they need to find out and publish it!!!! They only have ONE cashflow stream to work out.

Please release this to the market after hiring someone capable who can work it out!!! The investors need to know and you have a duty to inform the market.

If you want some help working it out please contact me or any of the other 10 posters on site capable of working it out.

We have had the tales - Now we want the facts!!