sharetrader
Page 455 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 3554054454514524534544554564574584594655055559551455 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 17911
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Could be. Even of at 1.51 or 1.52 many may not bother to exercise especially if the markets continue to retreat.
    Well i got that one wrong if you are right i valued the options right at the start at 5c to take into account the risk factor. I would think that the sp would have been about 20c higher right now if it had not been for the options. About a 15% dilution thanks to the options in other words. Macdunk

Stampede by options holders to sell out today.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Suspect Friday nights buyer just got back in the office, another 2.8m of heads & OD's just gone through

Big vols through, now 8.7m oppies and 4ish mill heads traded. Heads seem to be holding ok which I hope is a good sign, just don't want all the leveraged people to get stopped out which could happen if it dropped a few cents more.

Advanced Member

In the absence of any additional crude supply, for every one percent of crude demand, we will expect a 20 percent increase in price in order to balance the market." End quote

With all attention on the options trading expiring end of today,people need reminding of the longer term outlook.
    The quote above is the first time i have been able to get a maths on how increasing demand will effect the market.I have often wonder what the likely relationship was so it is is good to get at least one educated guess at that figure.So lets watch out and see if it is in fact 20 to 1. When the gas shortage happen in the US in the 1970's a small decrease in supply had a hugh effect on price.
    digger

Advanced Member

Talking Whats left in the parcel

Will the parcel be worth anything tonight?. The way its plummeting right now my 5c prediction at the start is looking quite stupid. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Suspect Friday nights buyer just got back in the office, another 2.8m of heads & OD's just gone through
    Arbitrage?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Acc have bought even more... Almost 12% of the options.

Summary of substantial holding to which disclosure relates
    Class of listed voting securities: 30 June 2008 Options ($1.50 strike)
    Summary for: Accident Compensation Corporation
    For this disclosure,--
    (a) total number held in class: 16,002,630
    (b) total in class: 135,648,503
    (c) total percentage held in class: 11.80%
    For last disclosure,--
    (a) total number held in class: 12,302,630
    (b) total in class: 135,648,503
    (c) total percentage held in class: 9.07%
    Details of transactions and events giving rise to relevant event
    Details of the transactions or other events requiring disclosure under the
    instructions to this form: On-market purchases of a further 3,700,000 options
    on 20 June 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    Will the parcel be worth anything tonight?. The way its plummeting right now my 5c prediction at the start is looking quite stupid. Macdunk
    This is totally expected today. Holders that dont want to convert have very little choice. Either sell or get nothing.

Just watch the trading in the last 30 minutes. Remember i said to you that even if the heads dropped a fraction under $1.50 then the big players would still convert their options.

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    This is totally expected today. Holders that dont want to convert have very little choice. Either sell or get nothing.

Just watch the trading in the last 30 minutes. Remember i said to you that even if the heads dropped a fraction under $1.50 then the big players would still convert their options.
    Wouldn't any "big player" wanting to accummulate go for the options & convert, rather than chase the heads shares & push the price up (depending of course how much they want).

Might still be in play for those with deep pockets?

I mean consensus seems to be the heads will take off after the options expire?