sharetrader
Page 491 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 3914414814874884894904914924934944955015415919911491 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 17910

But Tapis did hit $151

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    But Tapis did hit $151
    $151.78 now.

The question is: how long will it take to shake out all the weak NZO holders, e.g. those who have mortgaged everything - perhaps even including the wife - to load up? My guess is that the bulk of this sort of selling will taper off over the next two weeks.
    People are talking about the weak world economic outlook driving down the demand for oil; well, have they seen the latest official forecast for the Chinese GDP growth rate? Yes, its down from last year's 11.2% to.............9.8%. (I'm going from memory here, but check it out).
    And you can be quite satisfied that, in arriving at this figure, China has taken due cognisance of the expected fall-off in demand from the USA, etc., for Chinese exports.
    Imagine what a projected growth rate of anything like 9.8% for NZ would do for Alan Bollard's blood pressure!
    Last edited by COLIN; 03-07-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    $151.78 now.

Imagine what a projected growth rate of anything like 9.8% for NZ would do for Alan Bollard's blood pressure!
    Alan Bollard doesn't have blood and if we had growth of 9% he and his mate Cullen could kill that as well.

If coal prices continues to fall over night, PRC sp may weaken further which will have an impact on NZO sp. May even see NZO back down to $1.50.

Everyone is on the edge out there. A very nervous market indeed.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    If coal prices continues to fall over night, PRC sp may weaken further which will have an impact on NZO sp. May even see NZO back down to $1.50.

Everyone is on the edge out there. A very nervous market indeed.

I would say it has already had an effect on NZO's share price.

Corporate

so what is everyone doing here with your NZO holdings?

I am sitting on an average price of $1.635. Not loving that it hits 1.91 yesterday and now it's down so low.

Does anyone else have that conflict of knowing it's fundamentally a sound company but not wanting to dip into a loss making position.

Guru

I bought mine for longer than 4 days so am quite relaxed about things.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by shephejame View Post
    so what is everyone doing here with your NZO holdings?

I am sitting on an average price of $1.635. Not loving that it hits 1.91 yesterday and now it's down so low.

Does anyone else have that conflict of knowing it's fundamentally a sound company but not wanting to dip into a loss making position.
    Fundamentally sound or not a falling tide lowers all ships. Take a look at previous market crashes everything dropped when the panic sets in. The point is do you think the fundametals are stronger than the panic selling?. If you are into TA you might consider selling to buy back at a lower level.
    Everything right now is in the lap of the gods its decission time my friend the sp is controled by market sentiment with fundamentals running a distant second. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    https://www-au.computershare.com/Inv...sCatalogue.asp

The above url for the Australian area of Computershare has downloadable forms for change from NZ to Aust register but not the other way. If you contacted them I am sure you could get a form to do it.
    Yes that did the trick thanks. Would have posted the form here for others' interest but it's too big -- never mind, Computershare staff were very prompt and helpful.

Floor should form soon you would think, everyone remember, oil is at $151 USD.

Lets get real, you don't sell a company that owns that.

Both fear and greed are rampant in the owners this stock it would seem - hence the volatility.

disc - long a lot.