sharetrader
Page 51 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast

From that article today ... "Mr Salisbury reckons that the company is in a good cash flow position, with no need to ask the bank or shareholders for money, at least in the foreseeable future. "

What about the 138,837,891 NZOODs due to expire in under 9 months, thats going to be asking for over $200 million from the shareholders !

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Nice to see some momentum is share price, hope stays till AGM - many of you going? I am -1st time its been in Wellington for ages and its at the citys best hotel!

Yep I am going, I hear the sausage rolls will be extra special this year. Sorry I couldnt resist that.

what an awesome report!
    this does answer alot of things for me, and shows the path that NZO wishes to take...... elephant hunting.
    the comments about the divies or share buybacks is interesting.
    to me it seems that all the profits generated will be sunk back into exploration or purchace of, or into other companies. and with no one ( major instos) paying much interest in NZO the share price would seem to stay low with occational spikes due to speculation on good and bad news. the general long term investor would seem to be the crutch that holds this company up while the directors collect salaries and bonus's and the traders trade the share.
    some how i cant see the options in the money at all now. investors get nothing for their risk of converting the options for $1.50, traders are in and out for profit, so they wont convert, and there are not many large insto stake holders, the question is........
    who would convert their options at $1.50 and most importantly.......... WHY?

gee...... am i sounding like MacD?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by neopole View Post
    what an awesome report!
    this does answer alot of things for me, and shows the path that NZO wishes to take...... elephant hunting.
    to me it seems that all the profits generated will be sunk back into exploration or purchace of, or into other companies. and with no one ( major instos) paying much interest in NZO the share price would seem to stay low with occational spikes due to speculation on good and bad news. the general long term investor would seem to be the crutch that holds this company up while the directors collect salaries and bonus's and the traders trade the share.
    some how i cant see the options in the money at all now. investors get nothing for their risk of converting the options for $1.50, traders are in and out for profit, so they wont convert, and there are not many large insto stake holders, the question is........

You sound like somebody looking for a cheaper entry price.

Quote Originally Posted by neopole View Post
    what an awesome report!

While I understand what you're saying, they can't just dig a couple of holes and watch the revenues pour in for the rest of all time....

As Oil prices near the ALL-TIME high, I'm a happy holder of this oil PRODUCER
    Last edited by trackers; 17-10-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    You sound like somebody looking for a cheaper entry price.
    i might sound like that, but i wont be buying anymore... i have more than enough.
    but as a long term investor, and this company making the transition for explorer to producer, i was hoping for a dividend or some other return for my investment. as this doesnt seem to be on the cards now in the foreseeable future i have to re assess my holdings.

yes it does look like they want to go for the big kahuna and so they should. Most oil and gas companies need to be continuely exploring for new reserves because they all have a finite period.

most companis such as nzo will often need to go back to the market to seek further funding until they get a decent find. Thats the nature of the beast.

go the nzo

yeah exactly, there is no point paying divi's with depleting resources.
    sure, if hector came through at 100 m barrels then they would have a bit of headroom to do so, but not now...

find an elephant i say
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

I think there it was forshadowed that 50% of profit would eventually be paid
    as divi - that makes of course only sense if there are imputation credits available.

Advanced Member

with the west texas price now above usd$85 then the hedging will now come into play as nzo will be forced to sell oil cheaper than otherwise. - but still a handy price to sell oil for though.

tapis hit usd$90 today

nzo should include the outstanding hedge positions for the quarterly.

M